Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

PETITION TO GET LEE KASUMBA BACK ON Y-FM

The CHEF · 71 · 20951

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Blaklez and The Anvils sign to protest the way Leslie was treated.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

da kid x

• always got a 'hunch', thou i keep str8 back lyk cornrows/ i aint gotta 'sea' a river or dam to showboat///
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
#. Da Kid X and the Quest fam.
I'm ya favourit rapper's hideout, whenever trouble's looming / cats treat me lyk the HELP button, guess they have 'troubleshooting'

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
It's not necessarily about getting Lee back on the show,cos maybe she does not want to stay on.

It's about trying to save the show,cos clearly looks like they gonna can it. Second it's about us letting them know that we as the "hip-hop community" are not happy with the way she was treated. That's all.

I've created a CENTRAL online petition.It's doesn't take that much time.Just sign the damnn thing. This an opportunity for us to show these f***ers that we can unite and be one for once. Lee has done so much for a lot of people on this site, this is the least we can do.

PLEASE SPREAD the WORD. THAT's the only way we gonna get YFM's attention. Send emails, put it up as your FB status. If this doesn't take off ,then it's our failure collectively to protect our own.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Lee001/petition.html

if that's not the ugliest list of government names i've ever seen...geez people...who's Ryan Coetzee lol? Okay i put mine up too  8), i dont get yfm here tho...it would be dope if she did replace taebo touched

I think thats Pyro who's Ngoni Benjamin??

who? never heard of him  ;)...danm Pyro c'mon, Earl Ryan Coetzee doesn't quiet roll of the tongue like 'Pyrokinetiks', does it now? it's all luv tho...earl

Zeb

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-15
  • Zeb
    • View Profile
    • African Monopoly
ZEB + AFMP - Bring Hip Hop back  >:(
"free soul thts why ill never sell it"
and thats my word...
www.myspace.com/afmp
www.afmp.co.za
sales@afmp.co.za
info@afmp.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22687317915

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I personally thought the Bridge sucked!
I dont want it brought back honestly.

But what SUCKS more is the way HIPHOP is being treated in SA!
Not just LEE, but all of us!
I co-sign that the way they treated LEE was unacceptable and I am willing to champion the fight against that injustice and ALL injustices that HIPHOP in SA is facing!

This is why I urged us all to come together and fight this together.
All of us have experienced the same, if not worse, treatment just as Lee did.

This is about ALL OF US!
Let us unite now!!!!!

Beleive me, the worst is yet to come if we do not stand up now!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Surely you must be happy that Lee was sacked then? OK, you don't like the way she was treated which is fair enough, but employers f*** over their employees every day of the week.

The disturbing thing about The Bridge being taken off air is that is was the last place on commercial radio where you could hear 'non-commercial' Hip Hop. Which other show is gonna play Ben Sharpa or Ootz?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Surely you must be happy that Lee was sacked then? OK, you don't like the way she was treated which is fair enough, but employers f*** over their employees every day of the week.

The disturbing thing about The Bridge being taken off air is that is was the last place on commercial radio where you could hear 'non-commercial' Hip Hop. Which other show is gonna play Ben Sharpa or Ootz?

But D, you are answering your question already. ie it was the last place on commercial radio where you could hear 'non-commercial' Hip Hop.

Honestly you cant expect to hear NON COMMERCIAL music on a COMMERCIAL music station.
Do you expect to hear Cla**ical music on a Modern Urban station?
Or Afrikaans music on a Sotho station?

The perfect situation would be to have a NON COMMERCIAL music station and a COMMERCIAL music station. Not to force NON COMMERCIAL music to a station that plays COMMERCIAL music. Obviously this will cause a conflict of interests and this could possibly have been the reason behind this whole Lee situation.

All they needed was a REASON *I can see them now, on some...Lets tell Lee that she can drink water in the studio, then when she spills the water,BAMM! we got her!!!!* lol. Its f***ing ridiculous! But thats all they needed, A REASON.

I'm glad the Bridge is over, but I think I would have preferred it if it was LEE who pa**ed the baton onto the younger generation to continue with a fresh new approach, instead of being mistreated and forced out the way she was. I would have preferred the LAST episode to be a celebration of her long illustrious career at Y and an acknowledgement of her contributions to where hiphop is now.
I would have preferred her to bring in a protege' perhaps, a young woman who represents the youth NOW, just like LEE represented the youth 8 yrs ago, to continue the journey.
I would have preferred her to go out with a BANG(rather than a spill).

I mean if she was a House DJ, YFM would have thrown a Good Bye Party or something? Guess since its hiphop " aw f*** it"

But things dont always turn out the way you wish they should.

What was the rumour about DA LES taking over?

All the best to Lee and hope she can continue to shine for all women in hiphop!
@cash_sog

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
I see the point Cash is making i.e. you dont have to be a big fan of The bridge to realise that they treated Lee badly. Or that they are treating SA hip hop with contempt.  That's seeing the bigger picture.  I hope Lee goes to a competitor like Metro FM. It's a loss for SA hip hop. I hope SA doesnt lose her or anthother hip hop activist for the matter.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Just got word that DA BRIGDE will be back in January so we might have been a bit ahead of ourselves. Still though,thanks to all those who signed the petition. It shows what we can do if we stand together. We could have gotten thousands of signatures if we had taken this to the streets as well. 50 signatures - > online -> in 2 days is a lot.

Peace.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Just got word that DA BRIGDE will be back in January so we might have been a bit ahead of ourselves. Still though,thanks to all those who signed the petition. It shows what we can do if we stand together. We could have gotten thousands of signatures if we had taken this to the streets as well. 50 signatures - > online -> in 2 days is a lot.

Peace.

props MRC for bringing more unity in the game! We need more petitions! more debates! more activism! COHH
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
If the BBC in the UK can have speciality shows why can't we have them in SA? In fact, pretty much every country in the world has speciality shows on their commercial stations.

The last thing SA needs is Da LES playing the same shit we hear every day on all the other stations - he'd just be T'bo Touch Mk. II. What's the point? I spent the evening last night flicking between MTV / MTV Base / Channel O / Trace - I must have seen Akon and TI about 20 times. It's no wonder that MTV is laying off staff all over the world and moving towards original programming rather than showing music videos! It's boring as hell! I turn on the radio and it's the same shit. Thank god I've got the internet or I'd give up listening to music.

Sharpa is blowing up across the world and getting mad spins all over the place (we're busy booking his third European tour and planning shows in the US too) - yet he can't get his home country to play 1 track on the radio! We just did a deal with Nokia to provide them with embedded content on their new phones - but we can't get 1 radio station in SA to play a track! Can't you see how absurd this whole situation is?

If someone could show me figures to prove that The Bridge was getting no listeners, or that advertisers were pulling out of that slot, I'd understand. I have heard that this is not the case.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
If the BBC in the UK can have speciality shows why can't we have them in SA? In fact, pretty much every country in the world has speciality shows on their commercial stations.

The last thing SA needs is Da LES playing the same shit we hear every day on all the other stations - he'd just be T'bo Touch Mk. II. What's the point? I spent the evening last night flicking between MTV / MTV Base / Channel O / Trace - I must have seen Akon and TI about 20 times. It's no wonder that MTV is laying off staff all over the world and moving towards original programming rather than showing music videos! It's boring as hell! I turn on the radio and it's the same shit. Thank god I've got the internet or I'd give up listening to music.

Sharpa is blowing up across the world and getting mad spins all over the place (we're busy booking his third European tour and planning shows in the US too) - yet he can't get his home country to play 1 track on the radio! We just did a deal with Nokia to provide them with embedded content on their new phones - but we can't get 1 radio station in SA to play a track! Can't you see how absurd this whole situation is?

If someone could show me figures to prove that The Bridge was getting no listeners, or that advertisers were pulling out of that slot, I'd understand. I have heard that this is not the case.

Sharpa deserves more spins! I co-sign that!
Maybe he must do a track with Sliqour or Da Les
@cash_sog

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

Sharpa deserves more spins! I co-sign that!
Maybe he must do a track with Sliqour or Da Les

::) my God

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile