Africasgateway.com

PETITION TO GET LEE KASUMBA BACK ON Y-FM

The CHEF · 71 · 20944

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Just got word that DA BRIGDE will be back in January so we might have been a bit ahead of ourselves.

What does that mean? Is Lee gonna be back or only the name(Da Bridge) will be back?
Is Kenny and Ace not officially part of the crew, why cant they hold it down in the meantime...?
I hope they not gonna make Motso the new hostess of Da Bridge!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Just got word that DA BRIGDE will be back in January so we might have been a bit ahead of ourselves.

What does that mean? Is Lee gonna be back or only the name(Da Bridge) will be back?
Is Kenny and Ace not officially part of the crew, why cant they hold it down in the meantime...?

Just pa**ing on the message.Got it from Simone who was told by Osmic.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Z-DIGITAL

• THE IMAGECHEF
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-10
  • Cookin food for thought>>>>>THE IMAGE CHEF
    • View Profile
If the BBC in the UK can have speciality shows why can't we have them in SA? In fact, pretty much every country in the world has speciality shows on their commercial stations.

The last thing SA needs is Da LES playing the same shit we hear every day on all the other stations - he'd just be T'bo Touch Mk. II. What's the point? I spent the evening last night flicking between MTV / MTV Base / Channel O / Trace - I must have seen Akon and TI about 20 times. It's no wonder that MTV is laying off staff all over the world and moving towards original programming rather than showing music videos! It's boring as hell! I turn on the radio and it's the same shit. Thank god I've got the internet or I'd give up listening to music.

Sharpa is blowing up across the world and getting mad spins all over the place (we're busy booking his third European tour and planning shows in the US too) - yet he can't get his home country to play 1 track on the radio! We just did a deal with Nokia to provide them with embedded content on their new phones - but we can't get 1 radio station in SA to play a track! Can't you see how absurd this whole situation is?

If someone could show me figures to prove that The Bridge was getting no listeners, or that advertisers were pulling out of that slot, I'd understand. I have heard that this is not the case.

Sharpa deserves more spins! I co-sign that!
Maybe he must do a track with Sliqour or Da Les

Gotta admit hommez, when I read I nearly fell of my seat.....I was about to add 50 smacks to ya but I read further.........D.A LES no one sucks that badly that they deserve to be in the booth with that kid, he needs to work on that vocubalry. Even them niggaz from Entity make Jozi look stupid.
spit flows so much you have to grow gills
Or you'll drown when my flows spill
Push me I'll make you run a suicide drill
To see through my WINDOWS i charge you GATE BILLS.....

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Its called "humour" Thornz :D

actually, that's called a nightmare  ;)

Yeah, you are right, theres nothing funny about that at all ;D
@cash_sog

blaQdust

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
IT would have been helpful if we knew exactly what is happening with her and the show before we start signing petitions or debating about staff.

does any one know exactly what is going on, is lee being sacked? is the show being canned?has is it been suspended?till when? why? the WHAT part of all this is being disregarded but already people are signing up staff...

i think a team should be appointed to get the basic information about this whole thing and come back to AG... ???
The fall of capitalism is imminent

Ntsa ya teng

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-7
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
    • View Profile
Lee is gone. The bridge sadly is no more. She cost the station R500 000. I don't care who you are. If you cost the company that much and this is not you first warning. you need to go! I think it's time she left Y any ways. She needs to put her self on a bigger platform so that the whole country can learn where hip hop in the country is.

Hamba Kahle Lee.
I am the fifth element of hip-hop (the consumer)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Are YFM retarded enough not to insure their equipment against accidental damage? If their rules allow sealed water bottles in the studio and an accident occurs, surely they can have no complaints - it's just that, an accident. If they had expressly forbade any drinks in the studio and an accident occurred, then they'd have the right to be annoyed.

There must be a hidden agenda at work here. Whatever happened, it reflects very badly on YFM.

Ntsa ya teng

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-7
  • Life is like a box of chocolates
    • View Profile
Y does not allow and sort off refreshment in the studio. their insurance will not pay negligents.
I am the fifth element of hip-hop (the consumer)

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile

Just pa**ing on the message.Got it from Simone who was told by Osmic.

we will keep everybody posted on whats happening to the bridge.we have been having talks with YFM about the show so ill keep all on A.G. informed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:21:14 AM by t2da »

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
She cost the station R500 000. I don't care who you are.

No, she didn't. Get your facts right. Don't come in here and spread bullshit you sucked out of your thumb.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Whatever is whatever. All I'm saying is loads of muffukkas come into studio and rock f***in prawns and cooler bags and rock ribs with their fingers and shit by the desks, on different f***in shows too. Hilarious shit man, wtf?? I don't know. Y are not hell demons but this story is a bit sordid. It's also not really making Lee look bad if you catch the drift that's already been put down here a couple of times.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Y does not allow and sort off refreshment in the studio. their insurance will not pay negligents.

Late last year YFM management held a meeting with all the DJs to inform them that liquids in a sealed container, like a bottle, would be allowed in the studio.It is with this information in mind that I took a bottle of water into the studio on the night of 4 November 2008 before my show.

???

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

Every body proceed to Smack this nigga!
Damn, not only are his facts wrong, but WTF is this :

Y does not allow and sort off refreshment(s) in the studio. their insurance will not pay negligents.

No man, I brought this illiteracy thing up yesterday, are you niggas retarded?
@cash_sog