Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Cla** of '09

The Kid Sunny Winters

• This is da rebirth, I know da streets thirst.......
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Ages 7-9, that's da age I was on my Album Cover
    • View Profile
This is just a collection of SA Rappers who I personally think should or need 2 have a breakout year in 2009 due 2 their street-cred, skills, underground following etc.

No 1: -  Maggz. Repping J-Sec. This dude is stupid ill, one of tha nicest MC's if not the nicest in SA. And unlike The L.E.S. has got swagger plus rap skills. Has already established a street-buzz off his Mixtape and feature appearances. This dude is definitely tha illest rapper ever 2 come out of Jozi, period.Needs 2 go mainstream in big way and kiss and make up with his man Pro-kid. Has tha potential 2 be tha best in SA.

No 2:  -  Ondaground. Repping Cap City. One of tha most slept on MC's in SA at the moment. This dude has tha ability 2 do 4 SA Rap what Kanye did in the US. Coming in from left-field (where nobody was watching) and just take over the game. Dude is unconventional and unlike any other rapper out there (like Kanye when he was starting out) plus he's ill on mics and his stage presence and performance is not 2 be f***ed with. I'll be checking 4 dude, coz Cap City needs 2 come with tha heat next year.

No 3:  -  Hoodlum. Repping J-sec. This dude is the premier beatmaker / rapper in SA period. But since the break-up of Hiden Force, I ain't seen much of him in a mainstream sort of way. I hear he's doing his thing behind tha boards for otha up and coming rappers and also heard the buzz behind his anticipated "Junk Food" album. But I'm still waiting 4 tha full-length "Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding". This dude deserves a mainstream spot.

No 4:  -  Seida-Crook.Repping Cape Flats. Is there any evidence that this dude is still alive? Here in J-Sec he's become something of an Urban Legend, never seen anywhere but always popping up 4 guest features and interviews in Hype Mag etc. For a dude who has only 1 track out there ("Unf***withable") he's very well known after guest spots on Landmynz Vol. 2, Beatoven's Vol. 5, Rashid's Album (4got tha name), and word is he's also featured on both Hoodlum's upcoming Albums. Like Maggz has tha potential 2 be the best in SA, coz no-one except maybe Maggz can f*** with this dude when it comes 2 ill-flows. The streets been waiting on u Crook.

No 5:  -  The Anvils. Repping Cap City. These dudes r simply tha illest Rap Group in SA right now, period. Tha punchlines, that real township swagger, tha flows, only maybe Last Days Fam and Morafe can f*** with these dudes. Only problem is they're still underground. Roach Inc needs 2 find a way 2 get these dudes onto tha mainstream, coz there's no doubt they would kill it. Every joint they got out has got Radio potential while still maintaining their credibility in tha streets. Buff needs 2 make a plan 4 these dudes quick coz their killing shows all over tha country - proof that they could make it big next year.
This brotha Ike with da Iverson jersey, lightskin with Herpes, phuqing sistas in Harlem, Brooklyn and D.C., This is da problem cos he never tell em he got it from letting fags suck him off, Riker's Island in '93.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
No 1: -  Maggz. Repping J-Sec. This dude is stupid ill, one of tha nicest MC's if not the nicest in SA. And unlike The L.E.S. has got swagger plus rap skills. Has already established a street-buzz off his Mixtape and feature appearances. This dude is definitely tha illest rapper ever 2 come out of Jozi, period.Needs 2 go mainstream in big way and kiss and make up with his man Pro-kid. Has tha potential 2 be tha best in SA.

totally agree there... caught the video for we on fire yesterday on channel O and he impressed me again... flows great, lines are wicked and he got that "swagger" thing in check proper. i'll buy his album... if he ever drops one.

No 2:  -  Ondaground. Repping Cap City. One of tha most slept on MC's in SA at the moment. This dude has tha ability 2 do 4 SA Rap what Kanye did in the US. Coming in from left-field (where nobody was watching) and just take over the game. Dude is unconventional and unlike any other rapper out there (like Kanye when he was starting out) plus he's ill on mics and his stage presence and performance is not 2 be f***ed with. I'll be checking 4 dude, coz Cap City needs 2 come with tha heat next year.

truht about the stage prescence thing... caught a show of his and was impressed he put on a "show"

No 4:  -  Seida-Crook.Repping Cape Flats. Is there any evidence that this dude is still alive? Here in J-Sec he's become something of an Urban Legend, never seen anywhere but always popping up 4 guest features and interviews in Hype Mag etc. For a dude who has only 1 track out there ("Unf***withable") he's very well known after guest spots on Landmynz Vol. 2, Beatoven's Vol. 5, Rashid's Album (4got tha name), and word is he's also featured on both Hoodlum's upcoming Albums. Like Maggz has tha potential 2 be the best in SA, coz no-one except maybe Maggz can f*** with this dude when it comes 2 ill-flows. The streets been waiting on u Crook.

havnt been privileged to catch any of his music. but if his lines on here are anything to go by. the cant wait for him to drop something

No 5:  -  The Anvils. Repping Cap City. These dudes r simply tha illest Rap Group in SA right now, period. Tha punchlines, that real township swagger, tha flows, only maybe Last Days Fam and Morafe can f*** with these dudes. Only problem is they're still underground. Roach Inc needs 2 find a way 2 get these dudes onto tha mainstream, coz there's no doubt they would kill it. Every joint they got out has got Radio potential while still maintaining their credibility in tha streets. Buff needs 2 make a plan 4 these dudes quick coz their killing shows all over tha country - proof that they could make it big next year.

yup rap group on lock... i second the mainstream thing. lets hope 2009 brings it to a realisation
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Nice list. You forgot the Federation.

Sure, the double disc may have been delayed. But I challenge you to find a better single than Writers Block. Utterly and totally unf***witable. Their other two singles were dope, but nothing on that first one. Watch these boys.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
This is just a collection of SA Rappers who I personally think should or need 2 have a breakout year in 2009 due 2 their street-cred, skills, underground following etc.

No 3:  -  Hoodlum. Repping J-sec. This dude is the premier beatmaker / rapper in SA period. But since the break-up of Hiden Force, I ain't seen much of him in a mainstream sort of way. I hear he's doing his thing behind tha boards for otha up and coming rappers and also heard the buzz behind his anticipated "Junk Food" album. But I'm still waiting 4 tha full-length "Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding". This dude deserves a mainstream spot.

wheeeew!!!!

Thats my mans en 'em!!!
 ;D

You got a very interesting list here... I dont know if you have put them in a certain particular order, if so... well ... I dont doubt Maggz at that spot...not at all... as for The Anvils...I think they deserve one spot up or two... but I cant front on Ondaground....

Personally, I never felt Hoodlums flow...but his beats... Cant say much about Seida cuz I only heard trax you mentioned, and will like to hear more from Seida...maybe make music with him too.!!!

The Kid Sunny Winters

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
Nice list. You forgot the Federation.

Sure, the double disc may have been delayed. But I challenge you to find a better single than Writers Block. Utterly and totally unf***witable. Their other two singles were dope, but nothing on that first one. Watch these boys.

Yeh, true that, The Fed. is stupid nice on that real rap tip. Plus 4got 2 mention Qba, Last Days Fam, Substance and Reason.

@Trompie, there's no particular order in tha list, just cats I was thinking about who should make an impact next year.
This brotha Ike with da Iverson jersey, lightskin with Herpes, phuqing sistas in Harlem, Brooklyn and D.C., This is da problem cos he never tell em he got it from letting fags suck him off, Riker's Island in '93.

Decino

• I'm like Deniro and Pacino 'cept they call me Decino.
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-3
  • They ain't found cops brave enuff 2 arrest me
    • View Profile

Those are my 3 favorite rappers in SA at the moment. True all of them need to lock the game down 2009. As 4 Anvila, those cats been nice so co-sign on the best rap group in SA thing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:15:28 PM by Decino »

Big Elle

• U know u love 36 C's
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-5
  • In this Universe her sexuality is unrivalled
    • View Profile
yeah, nice list but where's my girl qba tho ??? plus no mention of red button, blackmoss, l.tido or young nations (he's not mainstream yet is he?)

da kid x

• always got a 'hunch', thou i keep str8 back lyk cornrows/ i aint gotta 'sea' a river or dam to showboat///
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
Yeah kiLLer list..maggz aint da best thing outta jhb, i realli have to question ya knowledge with regards to da local scene..but anyway i'l disregard that and consider it ya personal opinion..dude is hell'o'va nice thou..hope the move to fa**ie records dont mess up his game,..heard dude fvckin round with auto tune..wtf..anyway he's in my top5 non the less...as for anvilla,..wel wat more can i say that aint been said before..Best Rap Crew in SA period!mad energy and gr8 chemistry...hoodlum wil never realli blow up as an artist..interms of production he's a monster..should stick to dat..also keen to see how reason is received with regards to his debut solo offering..dude iz dope..
I'm ya favourit rapper's hideout, whenever trouble's looming / cats treat me lyk the HELP button, guess they have 'troubleshooting'

The Sensei

• Meditation is the key Daniel-sun
  • Guppie
    • REP: +1/-1
  • Now brace yourself for my deadly TigerClaw
    • View Profile
Well, as far as underground goes I'd also go with Maggz and Crook as the best two out there right now. The Federation and The Anvils can't be touched as far as groups go. But cats need to make the step up though.

jiggy china

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
    • View Profile
nice list. i think the anvils are due to release solos before the group project (so i heard anyway)

lez has been posed to release "boy next door" for a while now. this album is south africa's "nacirema dream"

khuli from morafe is also releasing  solo, the single sthandwa sam' is too nice!. i think next year maybe the year for the new breed...
YOU HUSLIN BACKWARDS IF U CHASIN A BITCH
STUPID, CHASE THE PAPER THEY COME WITH THE SHIT!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

lez has been posed to release "boy next door" for a while now. this album is south africa's "nacirema dream"

Haha.

This made me laugh/ Mind you, I am f***ing drunk at work. I love Christmas Eve.

HAPPY XMAS FROM THE JEW!!! Star of David at the top of my tree...
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

Haha.

and shalom to u to rob. LOL!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Haha.

Harambe!

The Kid Sunny Winters

• Foot Soldier
    • View Profile
nice list. i think the anvils are due to release solos before the group project (so i heard anyway)

khuli from morafe is also releasing  solo, the single sthandwa sam' is too nice!. i think next year maybe the year for the new breed...

I been waitig on that record to drop 4 a minute now

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile

Co-sign, especially on Maggz, the kid is bringing J-Sec back for real coz a lotta J-Sec rappers ain't actually as ill as people say they are, but Maggz da truth yo. Hoodlum gon' be on da re-up next year and my Cap City niggas Dirty Thirty and Austin 25 is unf***withable, what's going on Lez? As for me I might drop suttem in da second half 'a' next year, but right now my focus ain't on Hip-Hop. Ondaground another slept-on rapper too, Cap City with da Cape Flats Connection, Batsile dintsang mfethu? Easy.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /