Africasgateway.com

Cla** of '09

Big Elle

• U know u love 36 C's
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-5
  • In this Universe her sexuality is unrivalled
    • View Profile
This is just a collection of SA Rappers who I personally think should or need 2 have a breakout year in 2009 due 2 their street-cred, skills, underground following etc.

No 1: -  Maggz. Repping J-Sec. This dude is stupid ill, one of tha nicest MC's if not the nicest in SA. And unlike The L.E.S. has got swagger plus rap skills. Has already established a street-buzz off his Mixtape and feature appearances. This dude is definitely tha illest rapper ever 2 come out of Jozi, period.Needs 2 go mainstream in big way and kiss and make up with his man Pro-kid. Has tha potential 2 be tha best in SA.

No 2:  -  Ondaground. Repping Cap City. One of tha most slept on MC's in SA at the moment. This dude has tha ability 2 do 4 SA Rap what Kanye did in the US. Coming in from left-field (where nobody was watching) and just take over the game. Dude is unconventional and unlike any other rapper out there (like Kanye when he was starting out) plus he's ill on mics and his stage presence and performance is not 2 be f***ed with. I'll be checking 4 dude, coz Cap City needs 2 come with tha heat next year.

No 3:  -  Hoodlum. Repping J-sec. This dude is the premier beatmaker / rapper in SA period. But since the break-up of Hiden Force, I ain't seen much of him in a mainstream sort of way. I hear he's doing his thing behind tha boards for otha up and coming rappers and also heard the buzz behind his anticipated "Junk Food" album. But I'm still waiting 4 tha full-length "Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding". This dude deserves a mainstream spot.

No 4:  -  Seida-Crook.Repping Cape Flats. Is there any evidence that this dude is still alive? Here in J-Sec he's become something of an Urban Legend, never seen anywhere but always popping up 4 guest features and interviews in Hype Mag etc. For a dude who has only 1 track out there ("Unf***withable") he's very well known after guest spots on Landmynz Vol. 2, Beatoven's Vol. 5, Rashid's Album (4got tha name), and word is he's also featured on both Hoodlum's upcoming Albums. Like Maggz has tha potential 2 be the best in SA, coz no-one except maybe Maggz can f*** with this dude when it comes 2 ill-flows. The streets been waiting on u Crook.

No 5:  -  The Anvils. Repping Cap City. These dudes r simply tha illest Rap Group in SA right now, period. Tha punchlines, that real township swagger, tha flows, only maybe Last Days Fam and Morafe can f*** with these dudes. Only problem is they're still underground. Roach Inc needs 2 find a way 2 get these dudes onto tha mainstream, coz there's no doubt they would kill it. Every joint they got out has got Radio potential while still maintaining their credibility in tha streets. Buff needs 2 make a plan 4 these dudes quick coz their killing shows all over tha country - proof that they could make it big next year.

Co-sign, especially on Maggz, the kid is bringing J-Sec back for real coz a lotta J-Sec rappers ain't actually as ill as people say they are, but Maggz da truth yo. Hoodlum gon' be on da re-up next year and my Cap City niggas Dirty Thirty and Austin 25 is unf***withable, what's going on Lez? As for me I might drop suttem in da second half 'a' next year, but right now my focus ain't on Hip-Hop. Ondaground another slept-on rapper too, Cap City with da Cape Flats Connection, Batsile dintsang mfethu? Easy.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
Dope list kid...I co-sign.

I would drop Ondaground from that list tho, with the material I've heard from him nah.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
Nice list. You forgot the Federation.

Sure, the double disc may have been delayed. But I challenge you to find a better single than Writers Block. Utterly and totally unf***witable. Their other two singles were dope, but nothing on that first one. Watch these boys.
To think I was in there while that track was being recorded. It is the shyt and their skits are too fresh!

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Dope list kid...I co-sign.

I would drop Ondaground from that list tho, with the material I've heard from him nah.

I RESPECT!

Speaking on behalf of SIAMESE Ent. (c) Artist - I beg to differ, and will request you to buy "LIFE IN RETROSPECT" when it drops.

I will again like to know what trax were you listening to and from what albums?

Another point is that Ondaground is not you're average MC...he's by profession a performer, and if only you knew or seen his performances, even if he's a hype-man, you will say other-wise.

I know for a fact that he is well respected in both accolades of performances and MCeeing, therefore I would say: "Different strokes for different folks"!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:51:56 AM by tRompIe »

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i'm terribly sorry for having an opinion which is divergent from yours, karma-officer.

(you know who you are: now give me [PROPS]!)

ha ha.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:19:54 PM by the panic! »

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Crook and L-tido impress me man big time. Personally i think L and Crook should put more material out in the street.

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
Ondaground! ;) ... f*** now there's a performer of note!!!
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
I saw L-tido on shiz niz, yeah man dude is fire
9 tha Pedigree

da kid x

• always got a 'hunch', thou i keep str8 back lyk cornrows/ i aint gotta 'sea' a river or dam to showboat///
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
I wonder how this list would look in forecast for da year ahead, while considering all dat has transpired inda past year..
I'm ya favourit rapper's hideout, whenever trouble's looming / cats treat me lyk the HELP button, guess they have 'troubleshooting'