Tell me

GudEar · 10 · 2757

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I've been think lately.....that HipHop is actually good here in SA infact more than just good...if you listen to cats like Optical Illusion, cats like AQ & Thir(13)teen, ProVerb, Federation, Motif Records, Mawe2 and this Records, Ba4Za, Top Shayela and his touch is a move and all those cats whose been doing it independently....big ups

Now everytime when I listen to these cats music...it like there's a hole drilled inside me...cause I don't understand the fact that...beautiful music like that...don't get to the ma**es they way it suppose to...I strongly believe that good music...should be the one that sells more than just music.

Some of the independent artist here in SA put their heart and soul in doing musical albums, mixtapes, EP's...but at the end of the day...that beautiful music they did...end up being pumped by close friends....or endup with dust..because there's not enough support to put it out...

I remember when I first heard of Ba4Za...I liked their style...the minutes I was introduced to it.....and been waiting to get their EP....since then....that was about 2006....with the luck of linking with my man Trompie early this year...I was able to get hold of it....
Then I heard of AQ&Thir(13)teen...then I went crazy again...I 1st heard of them when they put out their song Where You At on hype CD session 8..if I'm not mistaken....that was like late 2006 or early 2007....Been trying to get those dude stuff...since then....because sometimes music travel on it own...this yr Qoutes on Notes found me..
When I listened to that album.....I was like Wow....South African ma**es haven't heard anything....

Anvils...these guys put out a dope mixtape....so I heard....and ppl were and still mad crazy about it...been trying to get hold of that as well but no luck...and u know what I'm not blaming anybody...there's something missing along the line

So now in my mind I'm bit confussed with lots of ?'s and all that...its like the dope/good it is...the harder it is to get..

I mean...I'm a type of dude who respect and who would love to see SA HipHop artist....make a good living out of it....I've been down with music for mad yrs...and I'd like to give myself that credit.....so I know what music is about and I know good music and I know crab music......too...but I'm not hater...infact I respect anybody whose contributing in music.

In the beginning...I used to hate that CRACK music....all those CASH Monolopoly stuff....hated it.....but now....when I looked at things little bit closer...i realised.....I was really wrong...now I don't hate it.....actually I understand those dudes strategy...those cats are making something for themselves....the fact that they doing something they love....is more than just good to me...i think it incredible.....it always best to do something about something....than to critisize other ppl stuff....So big ups to CASH _ i respect your hustle dwag...Whether its real hiphop, crack, kwai hop or mutswako...the fact that guys are doing something about something....they have my respect all the way.

Getting back to the main point.....see cats are doing something left, right and center, they making moves for themselves...but somewhere along the line.....things don't add up. Music is not travelling the way its should...Somewhere we need to pull the strings......The fact that we have real hip hop, crack, kwai pop, mutswako...its means that if things are implemented pretty well....we gonna end up with bigger industry for Hip Hop........ Now my ?uestion to all of ya'll.....what really is missing is it the distributing or marketing...is hiphop marketed well in SA, I mean are all the corners of the country able to access...hiphop music..???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:37:58 PM by Superb »
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo superb you right...the hip hop in this country sucks big time when it come to marketing and distribution, i think it is that we ourselves as africans dont believe that we that good and our support structure is weak...look...if i say yo i got the game and banks coming to the good hope centre....there will be ma**es...crazy heads...but as soon as you mention unknown or semi known names...minimal outcome if not putrid...i think we must make a big thing about our own mczz and hip hop contributors...thats why we forced to hustle for our thing must say big up to cash too..making big moves...crack boys are dope with their hustling..
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Thanks 'Perb,

Indeed we have a large pool of talent and its great that we have a "diverse" pool.

For me,I categorise it into :

Conscious/Real - Tumi, Ben Sharpa
Battle/Punchliners - Proverb, The Anvils
Street - Seida Crook, Cashless,The Monopoly
Motswako - HHP, Tuks, Murafe
Kwai -hop - PRO, Skwatta, Teargas
Spaza - Drie, Rattex
Swagger Kings - Da Les, Gliterratti, PBA
Crack - Crackboys, MVT

I mean, you can only love these artists and respect what they do. If it wasnt for their hard work and grind, what would SA hiphop be?
It would be Nasir'd- ie. dead! real talk.

Much love to all the artists and entrepreneurs in the game today!
Producers like Bongs, Dome, Don Juan, Oatz, Mizi, Trompie, So Fresh, Sean Page and many more.

With regards to marketing and distribution, its a matter of "Commercial Growth". ie. we need to make a stronger effort to make our music,artists,brands,lifestyle and culture more "commercially viable". I think we experienced a "big boom" in the early 2000's,then we experienced a "recession". Its the natural way of life.

Now that all the majors have pulled out of hiphop, it really is back in OUR hands! Lets make 2009 memorable!
@cash_sog

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I remember exactly how I felt when I heard Zubz - Where's the Soul ft. Pebbles for the 1st time....I was like Wow
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I remember the first time i heard Da Les - Tippy Toes!
I was like "Ohhhh snap,thats off the chain! Niggas is gone hate this one! What a spinner! He gone hit niggas for ducks with this one!"

Its what hiphop needs every now and then.
A abrubt change in direction. A new DANCE! Not to mention the track was ringtone legend!

Props to Les!
Im looking forward to 2009. I cant front!
Im off to get a tat now to bring in the new year!

Its all White
@cash_sog

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
holy f*** dude...for music....musica is like the mother load...dam thats messsed up...da l e s...mmmmmm...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Thanks 'Perb,

Indeed we have a large pool of talent and its great that we have a "diverse" pool.

Conscious/Real - Tumi, Ben Sharpa, The Anvils
Battle/Punchliners - Proverb, The Anvils
Street - Seida Crook, Cashless, The Anvils, PRO, Koli
Motswako - HHP, Tuks, Morafe
Kwai -hop - Skwatta, Teargas
Spaza - Drie, Rattex
Pop - Da Les, PBA
Crack - Crackboys, MVT

Thought I should correct that for you...

I mean, you can only love these artists and respect what they do. If it wasnt for their hard work and grind, what would SA hiphop be?

Producers like Bongs, Dome, Don Juan, Oatz, Mizi, Trompie, So Fresh, Sean Page and many more.

With regards to marketing and distribution, its a matter of "Commercial Growth". ie. we need to make a stronger effort to make our music,artists,brands,lifestyle and culture more "commercially viable". I think we experienced a "big boom" in the early 2000's,then we experienced a "recession". Its the natural way of life.

Now that all the majors have pulled out of hiphop, it really is back in OUR hands! Lets make 2009 memorable!
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Thanks 'Perb,

Conscious/Real - Tumi, Ben Sharpa, "Blakles" of The Anvils
Battle/Punchliners - Proverb, "NVeigh" of The Anvils
Street - Seida Crook, Cashless, The Anvils, PRO, Koli
Motswako - HHP, Tuks, Morafe
Kwai -hop - Skwatta, Teargas
Spaza - Drie, Rattex
Pop - Da Les, PBA
Crack - Crackboys, MVT

Thought I should correct that for you...

lol
@cash_sog

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Big Up, all SA Hip-Hop and African Hip-Hop as a whole, I just coped the Hymphatic Thabs age of Horus album, I know it is a bit late but I only recently found out it was available through UGHH.com over here States side. The sound coming from you guys is really refreshing! I'm really grateful you guys put as much Heart and Thought into the Music, the love for the artform shows through and through! Wishing everyone a successful year in '09!

love -n- light
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:52:24 PM by watziznehmegin »