Africasgateway.com

Obama Inauguration

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Congratulations to Obama for making history, and to the Americans who got him there.

He's still a politician. And so, I still don't trust him. Let's see how he's doing a year on. He's got one mother of a job. He's probably one of the few people who can do that job, but he certainly doesn't deserve automatic respect.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
"And they might even have a black president but he’s useless,
Cause he does not control the economy stupid!"

- Immortal Technique.

Now that wasn't written about Obama (as far as I know), but for real, everyone is getting carried away on this euphoric buzz. I'm not usually one for illuminati conspiracy theories but America really needs to feel good about itself for a while - Obama has apparently come out of nowhere to provide the feel good factor with his pop culture 'rock star' campaign.

The kind of changes Obama is talking about are literally revolutionary, but he is just a politician who has to stay with the boundaries of what is acceptable to the American people and more importantly, American big business and the financial elite.

This apparent 'revolutionary' is also related by blood to Bush and Dick Cheney. Who knows what that really means, but it wouldn't suprise me if there were bigger plans being played out.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/

Whats the word from Nairobi?

the love him, hopefully they do not get carried away, this dude is American, americans come first

about that IT line, it really ridicules the symbolism this was the african americans. not a fan of it.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

This apparent 'revolutionary' is also related by blood to Bush and Dick Cheney. Who knows what that really means, but it wouldn't suprise me if there were bigger plans being played out.

Come now, none of that D ;D

Cosign the ImTech quote though. And I agree: the euphoria is out of hand. We'll see how he does.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Cosign the ImTech quote though. And I agree: the euphoria is out of hand. We'll see how he does.
Rob & D are two people I consider friends & even brothers. I respect you both as my peers so this is not coming from left field or with any hidden agenda.
As white guys you may not fully appreciate how a (half) black man being elected as president of the USA resonates with black people the world over. Correct me if I'm wrong but neither of you has ever experienced directly the prejudices attached with being black. Ever walked into a random Service station and been followed by the security guard like you were gonna rob the place just coz of the way u look? Or had to tell your daughter/ son/ niece/ nephew/ cousin they could be whatever they wanted to be yet had no role models to point to that looked like you?

Remember this is the same constitution that held a black man (even if he was only 1/16th black) legally as only 3/5ths of a man. Now this man who's father, like he said in his speech, "would not have been served in a restaurant" just a generation ago is the President here.

Coming to the US I personally always felt there was a gla** ceiling placed on us. Those ceilings may still exist but this is certainly at least a crack.

Even if the man never does a thing for us directly as Africans or is part of some huge conspiracy or whatever the fact that he identifies himself as black and is recognized as such is a leap in the right direction for race relations the world over.

So NO the euphoria is NOT out of hand.

Respectfully Yours.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:44:46 AM by TATEguru v.2K9 »

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Ahhh man... Now Obama is going to get all the bishes to himself.
Beating bitches since 1982.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
^^AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH! THREADZ U KILL ME

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Thats not funny at all. please be sensitive. There are Zimbabweans here too.

I take it back. Im sorry. For real. (post deleted)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:14:53 AM by ThreadZ »
Beating bitches since 1982.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

Rob & D are two people I consider friends & even brothers. I respect you both as my peers so this is not coming from left field or with any hidden agenda.
As white guys you may not fully appreciate how a (half) black man being elected as president of the USA resonates with black people the world over. Correct me if I'm wrong but neither of you has ever experienced directly the prejudices attached with being black. Ever walked into a random Service station and been followed by the security guard like you were gonna rob the place just coz of the way u look? Or had to tell your daughter/ son/ niece/ nephew/ cousin they could be whatever they wanted to be yet had no role models to point to that looked like you?

Remember this is the same constitution that held a black man (even if he was only 1/16th black) legally as only 3/5ths of a man. Now this man who's father, like he said in his speech, "would not have been served in a restaurant" just a generation ago is the President here.

Coming to the US I personally always felt there was a gla** ceiling placed on us. Those ceilings may still exist but this is certainly at least a crack.

Even if the man never does a thing for us directly as Africans or is part of some huge conspiracy or whatever the fact that he identifies himself as black and is recognized as such is a leap in the right direction for race relations the world over.

Respectfully Yours.

Been saying this all along.Thank you my brother.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:18:50 AM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

- Immortal Technique.

Now that wasn't written about Obama (as far as I know), but for real, everyone is getting carried away on this euphoric buzz. I'm not usually one for illuminati conspiracy theories but America really needs to feel good about itself for a while - Obama has apparently come out of nowhere to provide the feel good factor with his pop culture 'rock star' campaign.

The kind of changes Obama is talking about are literally revolutionary, but he is just a politician who has to stay with the boundaries of what is acceptable to the American people and more importantly, American big business and the financial elite.

this white man is telling the truth.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Respectfully Yours.

I hear you Tate - and I do appreciate the huge symbolic statement his presidency is making for black people the world over - but that doesn't change the fact that he been lionised beyond what any mere mortal could possibly ever live up to.

The iconography of his campaign is that of a revolutionary or a rock star (depending on what appeals to you more) - people are in such a state of euphoria you'd think this was the second coming. Beyond his skin colour, he's just a mainstream American politician who faces ma**ive challenges.

It should also be pointed out that the euphoria is not just coming from African Americans (or black people from other parts of the world) - the whole world has been overcome by Obamania.

As a person, he is a way more accomplished that Bush, so he's a definite improvement, but that doesn't change the fact that there are incredibly powerful interests at stake who may not share his vision of the way forward.

So, in short, I'm happy Obama won, but let's see what happens...

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Respectfully Yours.

I hear you Tate - and I do appreciate the huge symbolic statement his presidency is making for black people the world over - but that doesn't change the fact that he been lionised beyond what any mere mortal could possibly ever live up to.

The iconography of his campaign is that of a revolutionary or a rock star (depending on what appeals to you more) - people are in such a state of euphoria you'd think this was the second coming. Beyond his skin colour, he's just a mainstream American politician who faces ma**ive challenges.

It should also be pointed out that the euphoria is not just coming from African Americans (or black people from other parts of the world) - the whole world has been overcome by Obamania.

As a person, he is a way more accomplished that Bush, so he's a definite improvement, but that doesn't change the fact that there are incredibly powerful interests at stake who may not share his vision of the way forward.

So, in short, I'm happy Obama won, but let's see what happens...

D got there first.

Tate, understood. Completely. My point is not that the euphoria is misplaced - what he has done is historic, unprecedented and bloody fantastic. It shows how far the US has come.

But I will say again: as someone who does not believe in trusting politicians until they put actions behind their words, I do not trust him. Not because of who he is, but because he is a power broker who may or may not be beholden to a system he cannot control.

I think as a person he is a great man. And if he puts actions behind his words, then I will be convinced.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm black and I agree with Rob and Daemon fully. I knew my parents shouldn't have moved me to the burbs.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile

- Immortal Technique.

I do get what Tech is saying but the truth is,this line is becoming played out. Fact is gvt. is in far greater control of the economy in many countries after the credit crunch hit. It's trough the bailouts (e.g. bout 800 BILLLION USD in the US) that gvts have a far greter control. It's nationalising a whole lot of private a**ests.

+ GVT. will undoubtedly have afar greater regulatory control after this mess. I just seen a document written by one of Obama's advosirs and other big guns (e.g. President of the European central bank) and it llokms like GVT. will have alot of regulatory control in the new global financial system.

Nonetheless, i udnerstand that this does not apply to everything. but the key is the finance sector. that is what drives the economy!