Obama Inauguration

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
On the day of the Inauguration... What are the memebers of this forums' perspectives on what the Obama US presidency will impact us as young blacks/ whites/ "coloureds"/ Africans/ Heads/ enterepreneurs/ dreamers?

In the meantime some music to help you think from one the best to ever do it
The King Pinn - Inauguration:
http://LINK REMOVED/4549e8a4

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:41:07 AM by TATEguru v.2K9 »

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
clearly you hittin these cats a lil deep for a tuesday Tate.
Personally I dont think its gonna change shit.... he might be black but he is still an american and the office of president of that state carries with it obligations he wont be able to shrug off just "sommer", like oppressing the poor, supporting Israeli genocide, US over everyone else, shoot first ask questions later, ....now I'm not mad at him, thats just the way the game is played over there and i seriously doubt he can completely change the menu in one term.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I don't think much is gonna change. I've already stated my views on the euphoria and all the bullshit that went with his election. To me he is just another politician and I feel the same about all people who feel that they are somehow good enough to lead others and make decisions that affect thousands if not millions of lives, but I won't get into that debate here.

I am glad to see that he has said one of his first acts as president would be arranging the closing of Guantanamo Bay. I have to see if this materialises and if it does, I might just have some respect for the man.

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
Im watching this right now. Wow! This day must be for Black Americans how it was for us when Mandela was released from prison. History in the making for real!
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
Im watching this right now. Wow! This day must be for Black Americans how it was for us when Mandela was released from prison. History in the making for real!

basically, great analogy....

and dude is a politician, and most of all is an American those will be first and foremost the interests he would be looking at. not mad at that....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:34:31 PM by Msanii_XL »
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
and dude is a politician, and most of all is an American those will be first and foremost the interests he would be looking at. not mad at that....
Whats the word from Nairobi?

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Man, what a great speaker he is... Obama has been for the people, since living in Chicago, and dealing in the community there, I hope great things come out of this, The only thing that saddened the day for me, was thinking of the Gaza strip, Anyone seen it? D.C. looked crazy crowded, I don't think there has ever been an Inauguration where this many people flew in to partake, really amazing! Obama Barracked the Crowd!

blaQdust

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
selected extracts from his inauguration speech:
...NOW THERE ARE SOME WHO QUESTION THE SCALE OF OUR AMBITIONS, WHO SUGGEST THAT OUR SYSTEM CANNOT TOLERATE TOO MANY BIG PLANS.
THEIR MEMORIES ARE SHORT. FOR THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS ALREADY DONE, WHAT FREE MEN AND WOMEN CAN ACHIEVE WHEN IMAGINATION IS JOINED TO COMMON PURPOSE, AND NECCESSITY TO COURAGE...

on rivalry with the Muslims:

...TO THE MUSLIM WORLD, WE SEEK A NEW WAY FORWARD, BASED ON MUTUAL INTEREST AND MUTUAL RESPECT. TO THOSE LEADERS AROUND THE WORLD WHO SEEK TO SOW CONFLICT, OR BLAME THEIR SOCIETY'S ILLS ON THE WEST, KNOW THAT YOUR PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU ON WHAT YOU CAN BUILD, NOT WHAT YOU CAN DESTROY...

How he deals with the Islam leaders in the first few encounters with them will be very intersting, however, it appears as though the former law lecturer at the Chicago Universtity will employ the same level of lenience as his predecessors, his tone does not suggest that that he will nag for long.

a bit too early to judge him though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:44:29 PM by blaQdust »
The fall of capitalism is imminent

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Man, what a great speaker he is...

It's always nice to see him deliver a speech. First time I see him stumble was over the oath :)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

It's always nice to see him deliver a speech. First time I see him stumble was over the oath :)
That was the justice's fault.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog

That was the justice's fault.

granted. But he is that good an orator. He didn't even sweat it.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I mean can you imagine how nervous he had to have been! He played it off quite well..

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
I mean can you imagine how nervous he had to have been! He played it off quite well..

dude, that's exactly what I was thinking the whole time. I was also wondering what him and Bush were talking about on the way to the ceremony..

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
How he deals with the Islam leaders in the first few encounters with them will be very interesting, however, it appears as though the former law lecturer at the Chicago University will employ the same level of lenience as his predecessors, his tone does not suggest that that he will nag for long.

a bit too early to judge him though.

Yeah i wonder what the "new way forward with mutual interest and respect will be"  :-\

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
sing with me now...

"I'm out for presidents to represent me... I'm out for BLACK presidents to represent me!"