Africasgateway.com

Thread for insomniacs

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The other day I was thinking, could it be true that one attracts negative energy to oneself through your negative thoughts and actions?

I mean, I am always dissing people and I am very cynical and negative about almost everything in life. Now I am depressed, I suffer from insomnia,night terrors, my phone got stolen, so was my laptop and iPod and my only friend who I actually love and  trust is moving overseas. Not to mention that I'm soon to be unemployed

Maybe I should start being nice to the retarded and try to see the world through rose-tinted gla**es like everyone else for a change.

But then I realised that most of these successful people are complete a**holes, who still manage to have the nicest cars and have the most beautiful women. They step on others and treat eveyone like shit, yet they still roll in the money and have such happy lives.

So the Secret and shit like that can't be true. In fact what they preach go against the laws of physics, because positive does not attract positive, but in fact it attracts negative, and maybe that is my problem.

I try to see the worst in everything, because I don't want to face the possibility of being disappointed when my good expectations aren't met. So deep down I am trying to see the good and I try to always do the right thing and then I get f***ed over, and despite me being a good guy and being honest most of the time, I still get a raw deal. Especially from those I care about.
Le persone a cui vuoi più bene, ti feriscono,  I once heard.

Guys who don't cheat, don't lie and basically don't act like complete pricks are the ones who end up without the girl, while those other f***s get it all, because our honesty is our downfall. They want the guy who is going to lie to them, instead of the guy who will tell them if he finds another woman attractive.

They want to feel like they are the most beautiful thing alive and you have no natural instincts, while he is actually f***ing her friends behind her back.

the same applies to all aspects of life. Honesty and integrity will get you nowhere.

Its best to just be a complete prick then. I think I'll give it a try. Maybe I can get over all my shit then.

Anyway. I figured this is the thread to post your musings, and though its only seven, I have been sitting around here thinking a lot of things for 8 hours, without doing a stitch of work.

f*** all of you. I feel sick.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:27:57 AM by Baby Jesus II »

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
i fill you bro. totally...
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
You need Jesus....

aint he baby jesus?
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
You need Jesus....

take your bible nonsense that way ==========>>

That not good enough for ya?

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Insomniacs? Lol the night is still young its 9pm.Yeah  pyro i co-sign with almost what you said about them pricks. Honesty and all that.  The neighbour that was causing me not to sleep at night and depressed for months last year coz i envied him. He had 2 cars an Aston Martin and A Range Rover Sport and i had a jetta a f***en small Jetta Eos and a small house on a  bond compared to those big whips in his big Garage and big crib.This Sunday Somethin happend, Something i never thought of, just happend opposite my house. I noticed familiar faces it gathering,it was the neighbours goin to that nigga's Crib.  I became curious so i came closer to check whats going on. When i reached there it turned out the Mansion and them Range Rover and Aston were repossessed. I was like WTF how come this nigga is caked out,just last month he told me he was signing million dollar deals n shit. It turned this nigga has been embezzling government funds in the Municipal dept where he works and is in Jail now,bail is R100,000

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
His bank acc frozen and family cant bail him out. Now while standing in his lawn i saw people helping themselves with his furniture and other staff buying it like it was fair,well it was an Auction. Damn this nigga is the reason i havent been sleepin and depressd, all for nothing. Why Niggaz act big,when they have nothing, f***en losers. It turns out i have alot of things and achieved alot bt never realised and appreciated it. Agians never envy or feel jelous for anyone,in the end it will turn out in the end, you are the better person.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
i cosign everything in this thread.
this has been the realest thread on ag yet. i feel like ranting too but you guys have basically covered all the aspects in my life that keep me depressed.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
ah stuff it...
i have always been the nice guy type. been taken advantage of a couple times. last year, for the first time, i decided to be a complete prick to chicks. not in an attempt to see if it worked to be an a**hole, but because i was genuinly sick and tired of being nice to them only to be walked all over by them.
i know this may sound like some testimonial from a get laid quick journal or something, but ever since iv been a dick to women, my social value has gone through the roof. i have been getting lucky with broads i really wouldnt even have stood a chance with just last year. and they keep coming back for more bad treatment. even now it doesnt really make sense. anyway, i still dont care about chics.
iv adopted that whatever happens, happens mentality.

new jacks story is pretty cool too. because it makes me feel that even though i dont have a fancy car, or crib. i am still a reasonably happy person, living within my means, and not loosing sleep over the thought of being knee deep in debt and waiting for government officials or sherrifs to come in and reposses my belongings. we tend to be a little bit hard on ourselves sometimes.

@ pyro, one thing i have come to realise is that a carefree mentality really helps. dont worry too much about tomorow... worry about tomorow when it comes. but live for now. thinking longterm all the time can be depressing especially when you dont see a plan of action to get to that destination. from experience iv realised that things will work themselves out. in most cases you just have to set the ball rolling.

i feel better now.
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
We are all born inherently good. It's the world that taints us and turns us into what we perceive as bad people. We all get burnt and disappointed and develop this protective layer around ourselves. I think the cycle of malice is a vicious one and it always comes back to bite you in the a** when you least expect it. I don't think being a prick is the solution just protect yourself harder and let life happen. Do I think you deserve what you got Pyro, hell no but I do think your negative energy attracted it to you and it's making you more miserable and you're misery is releasing a negative energy that keeps attracting more negative energy (screw science ). Let it go and I bet you'll see a difference.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hahah,,, Pyro - you should move to the UK - everyone thinks like you there ;)

but seriously,,, life is never so black and white. sometimes good, honest hardworking people 'get the girl'. the more important thing is your idea of what 'getting the girl' means. if all you aspire to in life is to have a big crib, a ferrari and a model wifey, you might need to raise your sights higher. while those things can be nice, they can also get boring really fast. the reality is that very few people will ever achieve that shallow aim and wish their lives away trying to attain it.

intelligent people need more than shiny things to keep themselves amused - and that's your 'problem' Pyro - you don't fit in because you see beneath the surface. imagine how simple life would be if your only motivation in life was money and pussy - such simple things to attain if that's all you want.

the media promotes unfettered capitalism - the high life, swag, bling, excess - and rarely celebrates true greatness in the form of humble people who make the world a better place through art, science or public service. the hip hop we are force fed is the apotheosis of shallow capitalism - and it's depressing to see SA kids blindly follow this path whilst misguidedly believing they are some kind of prophets or revolutionaries.

i have much more respect for people who follow a small dream that makes them happy, or even just regular working people who look after their families, than these paper-chasin' clowns who are just waiting to be told what fashion to follow next.

i'm a cynical bastard too,,, but i'm happy with it :)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
Honesty and integrity will get you nowhere.

until you drink enough for eight men and rail against shit to a smiling and distracted audience whose only response will be "those things happen. that's what people are like. they do that to one another."

that's why i sought employment. to have a pot to piss in and be able to position myself closer to these people, so as i might understand them better and learn the secret to their compliance.

of course, i see now that i've failed, and just ended up more depressed.

but some good has come from it, because i realize that what i needed all along was to take responsibilty for my life, and use my capabilities to follow through on my beliefs despite the uncomfortable fit it might give in our society.

following everone was easy enough, but not worth the frustration - there was always a part of me i could never lie to, and this is where i think my depression stemmed from.

so f*** it. i'm leaving the country of my birth and all its bullshit.

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
this thread.....

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
just to talk about your negative energy thing,,, 'negativity' is subjective. when you react to the shit that goes on every day, especially if it's shit that the majority of people don't see as a problem, that's generally labeled as 'negativity'. i prefer to see that as positivity - to be a dissident and oppose something popular takes positive energy. It also creates energy - the energy to do something about whatever it is you are opposing.

if, for example, you think Da LES (or any other pop music) is wack, it should motivate you to either seek out or create a counterpoint. I was kind of joking about everyone in the UK being cynical and pessimistic, but i believe that one of the reasons why the UK spawns so many worldwide trends (especially considering its size) is because of this grumpy culture of not accepting the mainstream.

The Grand

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-3
  • You could be on your way to earning loads more!
    • View Profile
    • You could be on your way to earning loads more green!
Happiness is overrated. Right now, life is like "what the f*ck?!" Flash floods, demonic possessions, parents killing their children. When this shit actually happens to you, (by the way what I'm writing has actually happened to me) it messes you up, till you can't sleep or you sleep too much. Smoke far too much reefa, drink to the point of inebriation. Become rude to people, avoid contact with people and meet only a few at a time etc etc. My sisters were manic depressive, I wonder if I am? well if I am I haven't been manic in a while coz everything's been grey for a long time. This is the perspective of someone who doesn't give a shite. Have you ever tried not giving a shit about anything or anyone? It's liberating. So to you nice guys out there, I might be disguised as a gentleman, but that's only till I hit it, and you won't catch me jumping, power games are very real. When happiness gets tainted it turns to the dark side. It's two sides of the same coin you can get what you want on both sides. Yet horror is more prevalent on one of the sides. is it the Religious or the Nihilistic side?
You could be on your way to earning loads more green!

http://www.adslphone.co.za/biz_opp.asp?ID=513432