Africasgateway.com

Slum Village

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
looking into my crystal ball, i see the a**embly on 27th... it's empty... tumbleweeds are being blown by the winds of disappointment down Harrington Street... Long Street is full of heads bitching about paying R250...

;D

www.realtalk.com/he_ain't_lying

Guess I'll be in long puffing on green and sipping.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo if you see a nicca with writing on his cap in tippex and co-key....
hustling long street puffin a stone or a blunt...holler!
i hustle cpt streets every wknd yo...always up in jozi or hitting long for all its
worth hooking up with fellow emcees or just wack niccas that dont care
...i gotz "ag.com" on the back so feel free to holler!
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo who busts mics at "city at peace" in harrington str?...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
looking into my crystal ball, i see the a**embly on 27th... it's empty... tumbleweeds are being blown by the winds of disappointment down Harrington Street... Long Street is full of heads bitching about paying R250...

;D

You know, you have every right, in fact the constitution upholds that.
But as another cat trying to make a living out of rap you should have left it alone.
Next thing cats say they don't want to pay what you think you think your artist are worth. Then what? 
Just an opinion.
Move on.             
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile

;D

But as another cat trying to make a living out of rap you should have left it alone.
Next thing cats say they don't want to pay what you think you think your artist are worth. Then what? 
Just an opinion.
Move on.             
Well said!! co-sign 100%
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Range.co.za are giving away double tickets to the Slum village concert in CPT and in Joziburg.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Range.co.za are giving away double tickets to the Slum village concert in CPT and in Joziburg.

why u telling the whole world. keep it to yourself if you want to win.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
LOL RR I'm that much excited!!!!

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
quick question... how loud is the sound at the a**embly. cos i figure if i can stand outside and catch an audio version for mahala that would be good...
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
quick question... how loud is the sound at the a**embly. cos i figure if i can stand outside and catch an audio version for mahala that would be good...

you wont hear nothing from outside bra. how about you work there for that night? ask if they want a volunteer. lol

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

;D

Just an opinion.
Move on.             
Well said!! co-sign 100%

Just a little bit of comedy, don't be so sensitive!

Slum Village will have already been paid whether or not anyone turns up so don't worry about them.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

They've been having noise pollution issues there so I doubt you'll hear anything outside.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

;D

Just an opinion.
Move on.             
Well said!! co-sign 100%

Slum Village will have already been paid whether or not anyone turns up so don't worry about them.

i think Cpt Schti is asking the question on behalf of the organizers, not Slum Village. as in, would you 'jokingly' say the same shit if Ill Skillz was putting on the show for the same amount of money? 

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

;D

Just an opinion.
Move on.             
Well said!! co-sign 100%

i think Cpt Schti is asking the question on behalf of the organizers, not Slum Village. as in, would you 'jokingly' say the same shit if Ill Skillz was putting on the show for the same amount of money? 

All joking aside, this is about simple market forces. It's nothing to get emotional about. I wouldn't try to charge R250 for any of my artists because it would be unrealistic. Obviously Slum Village are an established (if not mainstream) international act who have never appeared in Cape Town (as far as I know), so the novelty factor might convince some to pay that money, but it's out of line with general prices down here. Wordsworth was R70, Bahamadia was R70, Masta Ace was R100 (at an established party). The type of person that can pay R250 for a gig is going to be expecting to see Jay-Z, The Game or Lil Wayne. With all due respect to Slum Village, they don't have that broad an appeal. Most non-heads have probably never heard of them. If you're aiming at heads in CPT, R250 is too high IMHO. One thing is for sure, the promoters are going to have to market the hell out of the event (intense flyer and poster campaign, tv and radio etc) and not just rely on Facebook. Me joking about it on AG isn't going to make any difference to how many people turn up - the people will make their own mind up if they can afford R250.

Anyway,,, the proof will be in the pudding. Sadly I'll be in Joburg so I'm going to miss out. I wish them good luck though.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
word is the cover charge has been dropped to 200zar at the door..
computicket though remains at 250zar..

kellisJ.. u stepping thru.. what about that ride..?  ;)
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato