"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
dissapointing

I dont know who... but someone musta told those dudes that people in JHB werent feeling it very much, cos they came out gunz blazing in Cape Town... they proper killed it.. although if you're a throrough Slum V fan... you could see through some of the stuff.. like Elzhi saying he's gonna freestyle... then doing a verse from the Prequel Mixtape.. I was impressed that he did all of Baatins verses from Vol.2 though...

On a side note though... the organization for this gig was the shoddiest I've ever seen... like ever, ever... The flyer had a different time to when the gig started from the website promo. It was supposed to start at 3 but there were crickets in there till well after 8... but I guess its a start for these new promoter cats. I had a good time though.. how was the Joburg set... why is everyone like 'HHP was better'... or actually.. why the dissapointment..?
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
dissapointing

I dont know who... but someone musta told those dudes that people in JHB werent feeling it very much, cos they came out gunz blazing in Cape Town... they proper killed it.. although if you're a throrough Slum V fan... you could see through some of the stuff.. like Elzhi saying he's gonna freestyle... then doing a verse from the Prequel Mixtape.. I was impressed that he did all of Baatins verses from Vol.2 though...

On a side note though... the organization for this gig was the shoddiest I've ever seen... like ever, ever... The flyer had a different time to when the gig started from the website promo. It was supposed to start at 3 but there were crickets in there till well after 8... but I guess its a start for these new promoter cats. I had a good time though.. how was the Joburg set... why is everyone like 'HHP was better'... or actually.. why the dissapointment..?

Contrary, perfomance was very good when it got going, the DJ was f***ing up a lot even the fat dude was annoyed.
As you can tell I'm not a big SV fan but they killed it plus they have a suprisingly great catalogue.
If you've ever been to Ba**line, you'd know about the steps on the side where people always sit down, even during performances, well dead prez and Slum Village are the only times I've seen people on their feet and wilding out.           
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i have to agree with kasualtee the organisation was pretty messed up for the most part lots of communication breakdown between the organisers themselves. The show was originally meant to start at 15h00pm being a schoolnight and all but peeps missed their flights man lotsa mad shit happened. lol!

On a brighter notes the performance was illin, well so i thought and the guys turned out to be really cool chilled out average dudes. mad fun too.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
and they featured shortly after their cpt bout on sabc 1 with a performance...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
how many paying customers were there at the cape town gig?

Blaque_Poetess

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
all in all id say about 200 people showed up,maybe more maybe less. maybe half of them paid. so they woulda made abt R20k. either way the joburg show mustamade up for all their costs. apparently abt 2000 people came thru???