Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Floods in Soweto

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
What a crazy day. Chaos in most parts of Soweto. House walls falling down, debri on the roads. Unbelievable.

My moms house was flooded. The water bust open the front door and started rushing in. Shit got knee high in the house. My son had to chill on a kitchen cupboard for 4 hours. They had to eventually bore a hole in the wall, so the water could rush out into the house back opposite and into the street.I was held up in traffic for 3 hours, being just 2KM away.Crazy shit. A 15-year old girl, down the road from me in Zone 10 Meadownlands died from the water. A taxi and a bus also got taken by the floods. There was helicopters everywhere last night still searching for the body of the 15-year old girl and a 20-day old baby.

This morning was no better as well. Traffic was still hell.More rain is expected throughout the weekend. f*** !!!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:33:50 AM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
shit. and to think i haven't heard anything about this. man, i hope you and your fam make it through this. thoughts go out to soweto. damn.

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
That's crazy. Hope it subsides soon. Let's trust it won't get any worse.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Just heard about it on the news - that's crazy. I hope everything gets cleared up quickly.

I heard a Soweto resident on the radio saying that people there have been complaining about the drainage for years but the local council always ignored them. Hopefully now something will get done so it doesn't happen again.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Just heard about it on the news - that's crazy. I hope everything gets cleared up quickly.

I heard a Soweto resident on the radio saying that people there have been complaining about the drainage for years but the local council always ignored them. Hopefully now something will get done so it doesn't happen again.

Quite True. In my moms street there's no drainage system at all, that's why the water got into the house. And this is in what's called "The new houses" of Dobsonville. Imagine in the old hood.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

its election time. they will be making more promises. i just wonder if these issues will ever be addressed.
i cant believe people are still waiting for BASIC services after 15 years of tax paying and 'democracy'.

iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Damn sad day.Wish we could have a rain over here we are turning blacker now day by day.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
sho! thats hectic. definately need to do something bout the drainage. hope they find the kids soon. and hopefully alive
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
SAD...Hope everyone pulls thru.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper