New Primo and CNN

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
New CNN - Produced by DJ Premier.

I likes.

http://www.divshare.com/direct/6702752-792.mp3
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
If it aint too much to ask, can someone zip this pls???

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Okay....just a quick ?uestion.....who do ya'll think is the best Dj when it comes to cutting & scratching....

Last time I checked Dj Revolution was the best.....this dude is mad ill on the turntables.....The cuts and scratches he did for Edo G - Revolution was dope

E..E..E..E..E..Edo G gat the Upper Hand...!!! Damn
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
ZIP UP

LINK REMOVED/download/5646095641546c8e/

This is how these East Coast cats should be sounding. DAMNNN !!!!! Shit takes me way back.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
ZIP UP

LINK REMOVED/download/5646095641546c8e/

This is how these East Coast cats should be sounding. DAMNNN !!!!! Shit takes me way back.

Thanx for the zip GOD's son.... much appreciated, i been yearning some Premo for a while...

@ Sup -

The best Dj's in my opinion been PEte and Jazzy Jeff... Pete killed a lotta trax for me with those simple scratches...love them to def...as for Primo...he kills me with his sampling method and fitting scratches on those gaps he left... just listen to Torai's track for example, and tell me what you think... its just the gap that makes the difference...

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
Nah......Pete & Primo are good...but Premo is usually cutting most of the time......and yes he does put some scratches in his cut....but he's good with cutting....!!!!!
Pete as well....he cuts and throws some little bit of scratches there and there....!!

On the other hands.....Dj Revolution can cut and scratch for the duration of more than 20seconds.....and u can hear the cues changing...!! Premo uses 1 cue when cutting.....!!!

Cutting is taking piece from other song and throw it while other record is playing....but scratching is literally scratching the record while the other record is playing.....If u listen to Nas Is Like by Nas & Premo....Premo did some cutting there...taking Nas vocals from Nas previous records...and throws them on the Nas is Like....that is cutting...

Just dat most dj's 1st scratch before cutting...and that's why it called cut & scratch...I suppose Like

Na...Na...Nas Is Like

1st 2 Na would fall under scratching and Nas is Like would be just cutting

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:13:58 PM by Superb »
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
holy shit! somebody throw me a Black Label quart! pronto!

ha ha. this is the type of track that gets cats kicked out of the club. props MrC. joint's ill.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:53:18 PM by the panic! »

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Nah......Pete & Primo are good...but Premo is usually cutting most of the time......and yes he does put some scratches in his cut....but he's good with cutting....!!!!!
Pete as well....he cuts and throws some little bit of scratches there and there....!!

On the other hands.....Dj Revolution can cut and scratch for the duration of more than 20seconds.....and u can hear the cues changing...!! Premo uses 1 cue when cutting.....!!!

Cutting is taking piece from other song and throw it while other record is playing....but scratching is literally scratching the record while the other record is playing.....If u listen to Nas Is Like by Nas & Premo....Premo did some cutting there...taking Nas vocals from Nas previous records...and throws them on the Nas is Like....that is cutting...

Lol! nicca trynna skool me...lol... I know, there's a lotta projects that he just didnt cut but scratched, but thats a debate for another day...brb!!!

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Dope but not as magnificent as Invincible....

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
im suprised no one mentioned j. rocc

wtf
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
Lol! nicca trynna skool me...lol... I know, there's a lotta projects that he just didnt cut but scratched, but thats a debate for another day...brb!!!
Nah dude...I'm not schooling ya....just sharing my opinion....of which I'm very much open for a debate.....cause I personally think there's alot that we not familar with musically.

Sum of us don't really know the different between cutting & scratching, mixing and mastering, mixing and blending....so conversation like this...schools us in a way.

So CHEF share with us...your knowledge if u can.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:20:04 AM by Superb »
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Production wise it's not as top notch as Invincible, but this is probably the dopest i've ever heard NORE spit. And don't get it twisted, the beat goes hard too. These NY rappers need to start getting PRIMO back on their albums. He brings out that dirty gully shit in them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:41:12 AM by MrC »

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Production wise it's not as top notch as Invincible, but this is probably the dopest i've ever heard NORE spit. And don't get it twisted, the beat goes hard too. These NY rappers need to start getting PRIMO back on their albums. He brings out that dirty gully shit in them.

Co-sign!

The CHEF

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Nah dude...I'm not schooling ya....just sharing my opinion....of which I'm very much open for a debate.....cause I personally think there's alot that we not familar with musically.

Sum of us don't really know the different between cutting & scratching, mixing and mastering, mixing and blending....so conversation like this...schools us in a way.

So CHEF share with us...your knowledge if u can.....

You right about differences between cutting and scratching... and examples can clearly be given... again ppl would nt understand the differences between mastering and mixing, but I wont go further than that as I once exlplained thouroughly about that...

therefore I just wanna give a few examples of Dj's who cut and those that scratch...

Cut:

Dj Primo on most beats he does (Torai's "Click")
Dj Babu on  most beats of Dialated Peoples

Scratch:

Dj J Rocc
Dj rhettmatic

if one could take a inner view in this, you'll realize that those that scratch mostly are turntaberlists and those that cut are mostly produces...

My view anyway...

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Q bert & DJ SHADOW........ETHERED all youl niccas

oh and Revolution as a side note, even Primo said "no one cuts like him"