Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

37Mph - Releases debut "37 Energy Levels"

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile

Quote from: Facebook group 'Friends of 37mph'

While some people say that music is the life, 37mph is the epitome of what music is using his mind, body and soul seven days a week to create music, this young producer originally from King Williams Town in the Eastern Cape, is a triple threat in a world where anyone who owns a pc and can play around with a programme is called a producer. As a composer, pianist and producer 37MPH REAL NAME Mpho Pholo specializes in Hip-hop, R&B and Drum & Ba**, but is versatile and creative enough to tap into other music genres.

After spending 5 years in Cape Town, 37mph made his way to Johannesburg and has worked with a host of artists including award winning R.J Benjamin who describes him as a “ genius producer”. His career has had many bright moments the most recent being in December 2008 when he was brought in as a producer on MTV Base Africa’s reality TV show “Advanced Warning. This south African born producer has been given credit by international heavy weights from Shady Records Senior A&R – Riggs Morales and music legend Wyclef Jean!

It’s no surprise that we now get to experience the release of his debut international album- 37 Energy Levels. Music connoisseurs will savour different sounds namely cla**ical, lounge, acid jazz, drum & ba**, jungle and hip-hop soul. This masterpiece will be accompanied with a live band and an 8 string section.

Words do no justice to truly describing the beauty and art in the music 37mph makes, one simply has to lay back and just experience it....

Dude is hosting a FREE media workshop at Ba**line in Newtown this saturday from 10:00 - 15:00
Other speakers will be:
Percy (Vocalist)
Wani (Generations Director)
Phophi Mulaudzi (Generations Production Co-Ordinator)
Caroline Borole (Actress&Vocalist)

Its a chance to ask questions about the Media Industry and preview 37mph's album "37 Energy Levels"

Any one listened to this yet?
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Talented cat. Wrong direction.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Yeah have listened to it about 5 or 6 times already. Got it from him when I was in the J last month.
Versatile beats, from dubstep to House to jazz. I take it as a showcase of what he can do.
Time stands still waitin here for you...

@MRC I think he got fed up with industry after being with Lance so long. He is making major moves on his own producing in France now etc.
What direction do you think would be more suited for him?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
what direction is that?

See - Gata Lenna - JR

@ Nat,
Dude has the potential and the talent to become a legendary hip-hop producer, but he's caught up on the left-side if i may say.I guess like most real cats, after a while they have to switch it up to make bread. Same with Sthetoscope. I mean listening to Proverb's first album, then to Skwatta Kamp's latest, it's clear that dude also took the wrong direction in terms of beatmaking. They all know they shouldn't be doing what they doing, but money talks yo. There's a RECESSION going on. f*** keeping it real. LOL !!! Sthetoscope remix of Josh Groban's joint for DJ SBU even won Song of the Year.so hey, keep on ya'll.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
i got you MrC.

about this left-field shit. it isnt automatically better than the accepted forms - its just different. dont know why people always jump to conclude that its the next or its growth or artistic or what have you.

kinda makes you wonder why artists "grow" in the same way?

triplelife

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Dude has the potential and the talent to become a legendary hip-hop producer, but he's caught up on the left-side if i may say.I guess like most real cats, after a while they have to switch it up to make bread.
Gata Lenna was a straight up paper chase....everybody gotta eat. But 37 has always done DnB, Hiphop and jazz stuff from day 1. He is a big DnB head after all but like Nat said this album is to showcase what he can do and believe me this album has some tracks thats set to blow up here in the UK. He's played his tracks in France and has had nothing short of a dope a** reception...

@Nat
I've had this on rotation in my player since I copped it in April. lol. That 'For the DJ' track is getting mad attention here...

Dont sleep on this!
Him be nice like reco price/catch a overhand right like I'm Kimbo Slice...

Album Available from Musica, Look & Listen and Reliable Warehouse

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
Gata Lenna was a straight up paper chase....everybody gotta eat. But 37 has always done DnB, Hiphop and jazz stuff from day 1. He is a big DnB head after all but like Nat said this album is to showcase what he can do and believe me this album has some tracks thats set to blow up here in the UK. He's played his tracks in France and has had nothing short of a dope a** reception...

Nuff said,...plus the quality/level of production on this is urber-cool. I say more power to the man. Plus he's been churning out mad bangers for that Sliquour and them...that track featuring Tumi on Sliquor's Ventilation II album is insaaaane :o