Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

overratted female mc's

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Wow you think she would get love from back home, she was born in Cape Town you know, and her parents are Sathima Bea Benjamin and Abdullah Ibrahim. But opinions are like a**holes I guess...  :-\

thats what ive liked about this thread, im pretty sure most of the people here know of this fact and yet their opinions were supported with logic and not spite...its rare that you find opinions not often steered by the need to be patriotic and in constant support for a fellow man, simply because she/he is a fellow man

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
I think caling her a bitch is going way too far. You being an mc yourself and being female, you should know better than to start refering to other women artists as bitches. Back up the bitch part for us please...

It's sad enough that these kind of terms are used by some men on women artists to underestimate them but coming from another woman artist ,it's sad, dissapointing and definitely not a good look on you.
CO-SIGN!!!!!!!!!!
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
There are alot of overrated  female emcees alrite,maybe its me im nt into those strong women"conscious" type of rappers.  NICKY MINAJ  Niggaz check her out. I have a thing for  them hardcore lady rappers l only like Rah Digga and Nicky Minaj. They are independant and comfortable in their raps.  "Just give me a beat and bottle of Dasani/ and i dont need Clyde, im a boss f*** a bonnie/" - Nicky Minaj

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Wow you think she would get love from back home, she was born in Cape Town you know, and her parents are Sathima Bea Benjamin and Abdullah Ibrahim. But opinions are like a**holes I guess...  :-\

thats what ive liked about this thread, im pretty sure most of the people here know of this fact and yet their opinions were supported with logic and not spite...its rare that you find opinions not often steered by the need to be patriotic and in constant support for a fellow man, simply because she/he is a fellow man

True, I agree people have been giving reasonable explanations as to why they dislike a certain artist, my only thing is that females don't really get as much support as their male counterparts, hence the reason for less record sales and the end result being them falling off.

Roxanne Shante was smart about her record deal, now she is at least sitting on a p.h.d , and she was dope too!

The only place I can think of, off the bat, where I hear of females getting as much love at the guys is Australia, apparently Maya Jupiter, Trey and them sell as much as the guys do over there.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Lady Sov ain't my cup of tea either  ;) but her first offering on Chocolate Industries managed to get her a deal with Def Jam Recordings, and not Def Jam UK (are they even still operational)? Anyway agree with all except Psalm 1, she can rhyme and her live shows are pretty good, she doesn't run out of breathe on the mic, and rarely breaths, kind of like a speed up female version of Breeze Brewin (you know how mans can go 8-12 bars without taking a breather), but yeah again, females aren't getting signed, because females aren't supporting their own. Except for a couple of girls in the south, hardly any females are getting deals.

What's up with Remy Ma? she out of Jail yet?

Lady Sov is supposed to come out with a new CD in May or July. I really liked her when she was still in the
 UK Garage scene. The first time I heard about her was she was a guest on Richie Vibe Vee's show on BBC
 1Xtra back in '04. I haven't felt her stuff since she signed to Def Jam for some reason. 

and Remy is still in prison. She married Papoose in prison a few months ago.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Lauryn Hill
Floetry
Eve - I loved the album Let There Be Eve
Queen latifah - All Hail the Queen (my sister can't get over this album, my 18 year old nephew is into writting poems, when my sister realised this, she shoved that album in his face to listern to)
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

ExOdUs-82

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-0
    • View Profile
currently the best female rapper out there....invincible from detroit

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Damn your girl was tight, that track was ill, but yo that same shit be going on in Atlanta right now too, shit be pissing me off they just tear down these communities to build their bullshit condos in the city, while moving the poor out of the city to places like Jonesboro and Stockbridge out side the perimeter, this shit gotta STOP NOW!! They are f***ing up the City! They are about to tear down mad shit on the historic Auburn Ave. downtown Atlanta, they are acting like f*cking criminals!!! F*ck that shit!

From what I hear the same shit be going on out in SA too! (this matter really deserves it's own thread!)

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
 :o 4 real, she dope. i like.   :)
spread love in da music

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
oooh mc invincible can teach her male counterparts a thing or two....
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
Alek wek, Naomi Cambell, Joel, Kate Moss is not like I dnt hav a thing on super models, those 1s ill pa**. Tara ur up next lol im jst kiddin! um whom else? Tila Tequila, Hale Berry n yes I said it! Paris n that copy cat, Khanyi Mbau! 2 me Lady Sov sounds like a confused chip munks, bt i thnk she can make a gr8 collaboration with Gwen! I havnt heard the best of Ms Dynamite yet, so far.
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Cant stand Lumidee nor miss dynamite

Likwid Ice

• Skillz on the Real
  • Guppie
    • REP: +0/-2
  • Yes sir, i am the Shiz-eye!
    • View Profile
    • Likwid Ice
O.K Fuk de bitch part, i was jus expressing my anger nt necessarily dat i was callin her a Bitch, bt sorry couldn't find a better word!
http://www.myspace.com/likwidskillz<br />...try not to front...