Myth · 121 · 41034

nandonation

• nandonation 4 usefull information.
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-2
  • Its Dat Nando
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/nandonation
Maggz, Da.L.e.s & Bongz they are on fire.
cnt say nuthaang-unless u up 2 sumthang

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
WTF is wrong wit u people, cant u just give a nucca time to do is thing.. Maggz is dope and there is no denying that, and hes from JHB so he reps S.A so y all the talk bout "if he was in the States"? we just gotta be proud that our artists are tryna break into the international market, isnt that everyones dream?

I think all SA cats have a little bit of America (accent,lyrics,style) in them (well some have more than others)....We all have been influenced by someone and something to start rapping......so traces of ur influence will always show in ur music and there is nothing wrong with that........I feel that we should just let Maggz be, and start looking at the positives of our artists instead of always critisizing....

I think healthy critique is what we need in SA. I'm not talking about mindless hate, but we need to get rid of the mentality that if we can re-produce something that has been done in the States we must be doing well.

I believe that we need to tap into what is unique about South Africa, not re-create what is already being done overseas. This is an important point of discussion that can't just be ignored by the hip hop community in SA.

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
I believe that we need to tap into what is unique about South Africa, not re-create what is already being done overseas. This is an important point of discussion that can't just be ignored by the hip hop community in SA.

have u heard the track kas'laam from Maggz?  it has influences from Houston rappers with the Screwed chorus yet its totally South African because its in venac...   I believe that if u can make a quality track (even if it sounds "American") yet telling a proudly south african story then good in my books

Mprofeti the Radical Process

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-13
    • View Profile
WTF is wrong wit u people, cant u just give a nucca time to do is thing.. Maggz is dope and there is no denying that, and hes from JHB so he reps S.A so y all the talk bout "if he was in the States"? we just gotta be proud that our artists are tryna break into the international market, isnt that everyones dream?

I think all SA cats have a little bit of America (accent,lyrics,style) in them (well some have more than others)....We all have been influenced by someone and something to start rapping......so traces of ur influence will always show in ur music and there is nothing wrong with that........I feel that we should just let Maggz be, and start looking at the positives of our artists instead of always critisizing....

I think healthy critique is what we need in SA. I'm not talking about mindless hate, but we need to get rid of the mentality that if we can re-produce something that has been done in the States we must be doing well.

I do get your point D......what Im trying to say is lets not point fingers at other artists and accusing them of being American whilst we also sound American ourselves.......from the beats to the way an Mc delivers his words (be it in venac or english), is influenced by the States.......I think your point will be valid if here in SA we would create our own style (like Kwaito) which is completely different from the States........but for as long as we still do Hip-Hop according to the way the states are doing (similar beat sequencing, similar thoughts and trends on word delivery).....the sound will always be farmiliar.......The only difference between the cats will be that some sound more farmiliar than the others.....
Freedom is only a state of mind....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

just what i was trying to get to but you put better and clearer than i did.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

yup... at the same time constructive criticism helps... not some of the blatant hating on here

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

yup... at the same time constructive criticism helps... not some of the blatant hating on here

Co-sign. Harsh criticism for an industry that can't even sell past 5K copies is kinda pointless for me.Refocus your energies.

"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Co-sign. Harsh criticism for an industry that can't even sell past 5K copies is kinda pointless for me.Refocus your energies.

Maybe some harsh criticism would help an industry that can't sell past 5k copies?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

Maybe some harsh criticism would help an industry that can't sell past 5k copies?

its like telling a kid who cant sit up but is tryin to learn to ride a bicycle. do u harshly criticize it or do you encourage it on the right route...
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo critism can be constructive and also destructive depending on the lesson to be learnt and the way it is put across by the person critting..i mean iv had shit told to me that i didnt want to hear but was the truth and for me to move forward i had to accpet..so for me once they accept the wise word then moving fowrad can be easier...
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
most of the comments are facts rather than hate
9 tha Pedigree

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Copped it and its not that bad...but Bongz need to ease up on the auto tuning...

Its way better than Da Les, at least there's some rapping on this 1...

Yes, Maggz cud've done better, its not wat we wer all hoping for, i guess he took too long to release his album and ended up being auto tuned and swaggered wit some glitter and lost his original self...

Cud the media be blamed for our artists making american-like hiphop, as they play more of it than anything else...?

It's just sad that a lot of airplay doesnt always translate into sales...hopefully he'll achieve greater sales, break into the international markets and make the history they keep rapping about...

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Copped it and its not that bad...but Bongz need to ease up on the auto tuning...

Its way better than Da Les, at least there's some rapping on this 1...

Yes, Maggz cud've done better, its not wat we wer all hoping for, i guess he took too long to release his album and ended up being auto tuned and swaggered wit some glitter and lost his original self...

Cud the media be blamed for our artists making american-like hiphop, as they play more of it than anything else...?

It's just sad that a lot of airplay doesnt always translate into sales...hopefully he'll achieve greater sales, break into the international markets and make the history they keep rapping about...

well said homie
9 tha Pedigree

Ritchie

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Maggz is straight dope reppin Jozie, SA

Third single off the break out album, haters ft L-tido
Big ups to Bongz for production

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:17:11 AM by Ritchie »

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
"I don't give a f***, y'all can hate me..."

Well that's just as well. This is dull, dull, dull. Surely someone as talented as Maggz can do better than this.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com