Africasgateway.com

SAMA Nominees 2009

Dpleezy · 75 · 19204

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
man f*** Da LESbian™ and f*** this whole so called hip hop industry in sa... it's time for change... lick deez obama nuts :P

the only talented motherf***er nominated is chad saaiman... the rest should shut the f*** up  :-*

okay, taking into consideration what has been said so far, and the grand Full stop by Che up here, why dont we have  our own version of the SAMAs, AG style

we nominate who we think should have atleast made the cut and by virtue of who is most popular we select a winner in each category...sounds fair, way better than going 10 pages deep just bitching about how Sharpa didnt make the cut..

list your nominees and lets get the voting, have our own SAMA award fever ;)

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
There is a reason why they call them the SAMAs,coz they represent what the country likes listening to ( even if you think it's sh*t,then ofcaurse you are entitled to your opinion *it's just an opinion anyway*),otherwise it would be cool if there would be  AGMA,then we all know we would nominate quality music all the way.

Anyhu,Congrads to Da Les,you really worked hard and good marketing that's how SA got to know you. *and from craze ;)*
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Zuluboy will take it...Leyo Award iya kwaMashu noma eNtuzuma ang'sazi ukuthi uhlalaphi.

I still remember the performance he did eBAT Centre in Durban that got him a deal. Everybody was blown away, and Native Rhythm boss was there.
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
they might be more doper than pro kid or da les on the cypher confabulation but there aint no way possible in this planet that they can stack the kind of money those dudes get, les n pro stack cash in substantial amounts ten times those dudes, so they are just a waste

what makes you think Da LES in making money? Have you spoken to his accountant? Have you analysed his bank statements? Have you checked his income tax returns? You are a**uming he's making money because you see him in a video driving a rented Mini Cooper. Didn't anyone ever tell you not to believe everything you see on tv?

I hear Les actually comes from money, which I have no problem with - good looks for him, but how much is he actually generating? You don't know. I don't know. It's pure speculation. What's it got to do with music awards anyway?

ok fair enough, im going to be calm and try to behave about this, u sound like u obsessed with da les man, why is that? is it because his making moves, getting money whilst ur a** is eating brown bread and tea? u right, i dont know his income, i dont check his banks statements, i dont know the kid on cash he makes from his music, but i do know that the cars shown on the videos are frequently rented or sometimes owned by one of the crew member who decides to offer them for use in the video....dont front about 5 year old question dpleezy, you not that smart, not at all,

you not funny at all matter of fact i think you tryina be facetious, stop it man, u an adult, no avex or im not trying to be pejorative...much love

we kings
Hood.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Wow Mad. I love the way you casually slipped 'pejorative' and 'facetious' into your sentence. You are one smart dude. Do you know any other grown up words?

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
now proVerb how you gonna go and let them play 'da les - we on fire' while mr. sharpa is talking on headrush  ;D

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
now proVerb how you gonna go and let them play 'da les - we on fire' while mr. sharpa is talking on headrush  ;D

Please understand that each radio station has its listener ship and what they want to hear! So you cant compare les and sharpa it wont work! Catchy hooks easy going music is what radio is looking for! Certain music genres will make a good playlist and certain music wont! If you feel metro should be playing sharpa and who ever else then why dont you right to the station manager suggesting they should play it.

If Im correct and I recall right a few years ago on The Essence, kamza played Ben Sharpa and the listeners had they say most of them were like its cool and some didn't like it. My point is if you really believe something should be on air! and they don't play it, take it up with the station manager simple.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Please understand that each radio station has its listener ship and what they want to hear! So you cant compare les and sharpa it wont work! Catchy hooks easy going music is what radio is looking for! Certain music genres will make a good playlist and certain music wont! If you feel metro should be playing sharpa and who ever else then why dont you right to the station manager suggesting they should play it.

If Im correct and I recall right a few years ago on The Essence, kamza played Ben Sharpa and the listeners had they say most of them were like its cool and some didn't like it. My point is if you really believe something should be on air! and they don't play it, take it up with the station manager simple.

Headrush is a tv show.

What's the point of interviewing an artist but refusing to play their music?

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Headrush is wack. Pro, tell Rage to step their game up yo. You be introducing a video by so and so, and next thing they play something completely different.Ya'll play Mariah Carey  and them. On a hip-hop show ? Nah kid. Ya'll should relook the format for real.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
@TwoTeams. Headrush needs to step its game up. The show is very predictable and is not exciting at all. I don't know if any of you remember Rap City The Basement presented by Big Tigger. Headrush people could take a few pointers from that. The interviews were informative and the interviewer made it all about the artists and not about himself. No hate but at times Proverb steals the spotlight from his guests. There just doesn't seem to be any real structure to the show. Maybe Dzino and co need to find a really dope venue to film their shows. Maybe they can have proper beats in there for dudes to  spit on, etc. As it stands, even Shizniz is a better show than Headrush. They even have a dj on there. Headrush just seems rushed everytime I watch it. It's as if dudes are just trying to wrap up and go home.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
^yo that one episode still stands out as cla**ic, though. there were about 15 dudes caiphering. i think MrC and Ootz featured on it?

who was that dude in the black leather jacket. he was dope.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
so who won?

I just went to the SAMA website but they seem to have all the winners listed apart from the hip hop category.

Looking at the genres listed it struck me that there should be different categories within hip hop. If 'Adult Contemporary' can be split into 'English' and 'African', why can't Hip Hop be broken down into more categories? Even the Best Kiddies album category is split into 2. You can't tell me they make more kiddies music than we make hip hop?

Maybe it should be?...
1. Best Rap Album (for 'commercial', radio-friendly hip hop)
2. Best Hip Hop Album (for lyrical 'underground' hip hop)
3. Best Non-English Hip Hop Album (self-explanatory)

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
its only going down tonight..'i think' Zuluboy will win
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:55:52 AM by Bashin »
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
 :o Wow Dpleezy 4 once I actually agree with you, wow thats crazy
Da Les aint making money, actually very few hip hop artists are making gwop, if there are any.

f*** the Samas they bullshit, Yo D planet tell sharpa to keep getting them Euros man, they far better than them rands ;)

We should talk about how to get a licencing deal in France, I have a whole french album recorded and its just getting dust, if you dont mind pls PM me the procedures.
Yo D just face it sharpa will never get a sama maybe even never get a nomination, but who gives a f***.

Back to the topic,Oh and zuluboy will win it
9 tha Pedigree

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Zuluboy will take it only because our president is Zulu ;D ;D ;D ok dry joke ::)
9 tha Pedigree