Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype April/May

ree

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
the mag loses credibility everytime there is no Crackboys cover.

Realest shit i ever wrote!

lol...... what sort of credibility can a group by the name of the "crackboys" give to anything though ....
illuminatemusic.blogspot.com
myspace.com/illumin_8

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
You know I hate to be critical, but the review of B. Sharpa is terrible.

The reviewer starts by asking "Was it (the album) worth the wait?". This question is never answered.

You can't review an album by just describing what a few of the tracks are about! Sure, you can pick up on themes that run through an album, but to state that, "Ben Sharpa points out the wrong-doings of the government in most of his tracks", is just factually incorrect. Maybe 3 or 4 out of 21 tracks have anything to do with the government.

The reviewer also states, "Callin' It Quits (We're Here) is on that boom bap tip as it sets a tone for the rest of the album". Again, factually incorrect!! How can anyone call a track by Milanese 'boom bap'!? If you read this review you'll have no idea what the album is actually like. There's only one track on the album that can be called boom bap.

Cats should really start exposing themselves to some international music reviews and up their game!

i c u D planet ok so my review was terrible cause i c u dont read well, so ill break it down to and how i review albums. 1 i spend days listening to albums, over and over again to the point my girl wants to kill me.2. i did answer if the album was worth waiting for if u read my last line of the review.3.about the boom bap its funny that i spoke to Ben b4 he left for France and he understood what i was speaking about, he called it future sound so he couldnt even discribe it.4. government, lol government well i said socio economics issues which are pointed at who? the government....Ben thought the only thing wrong about my review was i said he took too long well which is a fact.so please read it again and listen to the cd again before you attack me...u guys will never be happy anyway cause u have ur Ben best at heart

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

The reviewer starts by asking "Was it (the album) worth the wait?". This question is never answered.

You can't review an album by just describing what a few of the tracks are about! Sure, you can pick up on themes that run through an album, but to state that, "Ben Sharpa points out the wrong-doings of the government in most of his tracks", is just factually incorrect. Maybe 3 or 4 out of 21 tracks have anything to do with the government.

The reviewer also states, "Callin' It Quits (We're Here) is on that boom bap tip as it sets a tone for the rest of the album". Again, factually incorrect!! How can anyone call a track by Milanese 'boom bap'!? If you read this review you'll have no idea what the album is actually like. There's only one track on the album that can be called boom bap.

Cats should really start exposing themselves to some international music reviews and up their game!

i c u D planet ok so my review was terrible cause i c u dont read well, so ill break it down to and how i review albums. 1 i spend days listening to albums, over and over again to the point my girl wants to kill me.2. i did answer if the album was worth waiting for if u read my last line of the review.3.about the boom bap its funny that i spoke to Ben b4 he left for France and he understood what i was speaking about, he called it future sound so he couldnt even discribe it.4. government, lol government well i said socio economics issues which are pointed at who? the government....Ben thought the only thing wrong about my review was i said he took too long well which is a fact.so please read it again and listen to the cd again before you attack me...u guys will never be happy anyway cause u have ur Ben best at heart

LMAO, this is kak funny!!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

@TTP:

It's a question of writing. Speaking as someone who writes CD reviews for a living - or as a large chunk of a living - you need to get your point across. I haven't read the review in question but as for listening to the CD...DPlanet is Sharpa's label head. I think he's  heard it once or twice.

Actually, f*** it, I'm just going to say it. You need to improve your writing. Sorry to come across as arrogant or smug, but that's the way it is. It's not up to standard.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
* Now, its time for amakipkip*
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:40:06 PM by Blizzard »

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
@Blizzy make that two please, lets wait and see if Rob's gon' get his for being blunt like that Rob pray to God that ur superman EP don't get reviewed on these shores here u know the outcome
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Could someone please explain to me why you guys still buy the mag every ime and then come and complain about it?

I understand that you would like to support local hip hop and HYPe as the only magazine that caters to that would obviously be the mag you buy. The problem I have is that you buy it and then talk about how whack it is and how hard it is to even listen to the free music that comes with it. Why not rather stop buying it and this will send the message that they should step their game up editorially as well as musically, in order to keep their readers happy. If they don't then they will go the route of Y and all the rest.

Now you are just buying the mag and then coming on AG to say how bad it is, while they are under the impression that you enjoy it because their sales look good.

I used to buy the mag in the beginning because I thought Mizi did a good job after Fungayi. Then I started getting bored with it, and bought it only for the cd. Now I can't even tolerate that anymore and I can't remember the last time I bought it.

They won't miss one customer like me, but I'm sure they'll miss all of AG and all our friends and maybe then we will get what we want again. Either that or srtop bitching about the mag and cd.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
@TTP,

Didn't see a problem with your review dude.. Haven't heard the SHARPA album yet,but im damn sure gonna go out and get soon after reading your OPINION on it.Your writing aint bad. I just think HYPE should have more space for the reviews. They are just a bit too short.

and ya,you can't please everyone you know. Record Label EXEC's, journos, kwai-hop heads, tippy toeing teens, old schoolers. Not possible. Just do you son.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:51:29 PM by MrTwoTeams »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

t2da

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
Could someone please explain to me why you guys still buy the mag every ime and then come and complain about it?

I understand that you would like to support local hip hop and HYPe as the only magazine that caters to that would obviously be the mag you buy. The problem I have is that you buy it and then talk about how whack it is and how hard it is to even listen to the free music that comes with it. Why not rather stop buying it and this will send the message that they should step their game up editorially as well as musically, in order to keep their readers happy. If they don't then they will go the route of Y and all the rest.

Now you are just buying the mag and then coming on AG to say how bad it is, while they are under the impression that you enjoy it because their sales look good.

I used to buy the mag in the beginning because I thought Mizi did a good job after Fungayi. Then I started getting bored with it, and bought it only for the cd. Now I can't even tolerate that anymore and I can't remember the last time I bought it.

They won't miss one customer like me, but I'm sure they'll miss all of AG and all our friends and maybe then we will get what we want again. Either that or srtop bitching about the mag and cd.

well interesting thoughts but most of you guys in AG are either emcees,producers or use hip-hop to make money whether part time or full time but wont support the only mag that empowers you. what happens then when the mag is shut down. where will you promote your gigs or cds or people to hear ur beats. short sight is dangerous cause the mag is for you guys to empower urself. we not able to please everybody but make sure we try cover the whole of south africa not just your city. about luda on the cover we had 5 local in a row and people just half step and dont fully support and we need to stop that. SUPPORT UR MUSIC CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL SUPOORT U.

@ROB 1
i here you saying m writing is not up to scratch...how about you review the same cd and lets here what you will say. its funny how the artists is saying something different from the label.I WONT DO U ROB 1 OR ANYBODY ELSE BUT MOST DEF WRITE IN MY STYLE CAUSE THATS WHAT I KNOW BEST.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm

@ROB 1
i here you saying m writing is not up to scratch...how about you review the same cd and lets here what you will say. its funny how the artists is saying something different from the label.I WONT DO U ROB 1 OR ANYBODY ELSE BUT MOST DEF WRITE IN MY STYLE CAUSE THATS WHAT I KNOW BEST.

hear

;D

writing style.... :D ..... jokes man!!!

No 1s perfect!!!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

@ROB 1

hear

;D

writing style.... :D ..... jokes man!!!

No 1s perfect!!!

LOL !!!!  ;D
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

@ROB 1

DONE.

I'm finally getting my copy this week (thanks to D's lazy a** not posting it to me  ;D) so I will. 150 words. On AG. Hell, I'll even do it for free.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

rob_one

• AG Veteran
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
@Blizzy make that two please, lets wait and see if Rob's gon' get his for being blunt like that Rob pray to God that ur superman EP don't get reviewed on these shores here u know the outcome

Hype couldn't review it anyway. Conflict of interest.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO