Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Prof. X (of The B.e.et Academy)

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Wusup... Got joints to post. The name's P-X (Poet-X/Prof. X). I'm part of a label called Pirate-d Wreck-Chordz and one of the founders too.

Just too be brief about ish, we're based in Pretoria for the most part but some of our katz reside from Gab City in Bots and Johannesburg too. We started of 'commercially' in July 2007, about the 17th. We pressed a track titled The Idea and later on, 11th April 2008, we dropped a mixtape which was titled The RuFf sK3tcH Mixtape and was up downloads here, as well, but didn't get much response.

Our 'crew' consists of myself, Atmos', Lex, Ob1one, Con's-piracy and Trix.

I will upload tracks on a regular.

Enjoy the music... and don't be shy, giving feedback doesn't hurt.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
f*** AROUND AND GET YOUR a** BANNED

That not good enough for ya?

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Wusup... Got joints to post. The name's P-X (Poet-X/Prof. X). I'm part of a label called Pirate-d Wreck-Chordz and one of the founders too.

Just too be brief about ish, we're based in Pretoria for the most part but some of our katz reside from Gab City in Bots and Johannesburg too. We started of 'commercially' in July 2007, about the 17th. We pressed a track titled The Idea and later on, 11th April 2008, we dropped a mixtape which was titled The RuFf sK3tcH Mixtape and was up downloads here, as well, but didn't get much response.

Our 'crew' consists of myself, Atmos', Lex, Ob1one, Con's-piracy and Trix. ???

I will upload tracks on a regular.

Enjoy the music... and don't be shy, giving feedback doesn't hurt. im planning on doing that exactly

wadup playa? props for the music out, hope u making waves but im just concerned about one or two things, why weirdness all the way? whats up with the wierd and complicated names? i understand maybe u tryina come up wih something different in hip hop, but i think u just doing a lil bit and trying too much, no hate nor offence intended. mind sharing the idea behind the weird names? no peroration pliz, just something short and simple aiyt....

mad love baby
Hood.

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Lol. It was intended to be a 'weird' crew, it just happened to be so.

Lex is a short version of the name Maleho. He was nicknamed Malex, then it became Lex.

Ob1one (pronounced Obie-1) used to go by the name Obeese. Meaning he's extra phat. Now it's just The Obeese One, hence Ob10ne.

Atmos' full stage is name is just plain ol' Atmos'(Fear'Nun). Basically meaning he fears no one and he is at his atmost best.

Trix is just plain simple Tricks.

Me..? Poet-X/Prof. X... it is really complicated...
My real name, Oamogetswe, has 10 letters... X is 10 in Roman numerals.
All my names and surname, Oamogetswe Khuselo Mathole, have 24 letters combined... X is the 24th letter.
Those are my MAIN reasons as to why. The Poet? I'm a Poet. The Professor? That's my beatmaking name. I just look at making a beat the way I look at conducting experiments...

Check the other song here by the way...

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Oh! And Pirate-d Wreck-Chordz? The name of the guy who started it from scratch is The Anonymous Pirate... It's in his honour. The Wreck-Chordz? Just a play on words.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Lol. It was intended to be a 'weird' crew, it just happened to be so.

Lex is a short version of the name Maleho. He was nicknamed Malex, then it became Lex.

Ob1one (pronounced Obie-1) used to go by the name Obeese. Meaning he's extra phat. Now it's just The Obeese One, hence Ob10ne.

Atmos' full stage is name is just plain ol' Atmos'(Fear'Nun). Basically meaning he fears no one and he is at his atmost best.

Trix is just plain simple Tricks.

Me..? Poet-X/Prof. X... it is really complicated...
My real name, Oamogetswe, has 10 letters... X is 10 in Roman numerals.
All my names and surname, Oamogetswe Khuselo Mathole, have 24 letters combined... X is the 24th letter.
Those are my MAIN reasons as to why. The Poet? I'm a Poet. The Professor? That's my beatmaking name. I just look at making a beat the way I look at conducting experiments...

Check the other song here by the way...

fair enough, aprreciate the atempt to answer my questions, u one complicated bunch and thats not good for business, but f*** it, this music industry is too intrepid self, so f*** the naming shit, u dudes are on point...looking foward to listening more of your songs, keep them coming man

make this shit big homey, u and your complicated bunch, matter fact, f*** everyone who hates, this kid right here is the shit, dope song and complicated names....well thats complicated, lol

the name is mad, im ag's top dog, goodluck on them hustles playa, if u intended to be a weird crew then u have just succeded in each and every aspect of your wannabe-weirdness........halla

Hood.

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Welcome X. Stay away from Mad - as you will soon realise, he is the resident village idiot on AG. His current favourite trick is to pick words out of the dictionary and use them to make himself seem intelligient. He's not.

I'll DL later. Those names are pretty ridiculous, but hey, why not...
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
@ rob one- u dont amaze or intimidate me in any way possible, so f*** off peasant

@ prof x- kid, i dont have time to beef around or ethug with anyone, but if u gonna listen to him and give me some out of nowhere shitty attitude then we going to have a superproblem.....im sure u knw what i mean

in the meantime, big ups for the track, its dope, keep it coming playa, we on the look out

queenstown stand up!!!
Hood.

• The Academy
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • The Academic
Can we not gooi beef all over this post, it's for enjoyment and feedback... If any producers dig the style then you're welcome to throw beats on... if any emcees feel the same, get at us.... Be on the lookout otherwise.

Introduction, is a must 'n... My name is X,
Keep deductin' and ducking... You won't figure the text.
Shakespeare's algebra, I formulated the test,
Got tongue muscles body-builders can't flex.
Must I stress, that I'm a treasured spot?
Nothing less, I doth spit, than hot.
Or maybe cool on occa**ion, bathed in,
A flow so ridiculous, sicker than sifilous...

If that's how you spell the damn STI... What up...

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Can we not gooi beef all over this post, it's for enjoyment and feedback... If any producers dig the style then you're welcome to throw beats on... if any emcees feel the same, get at us.... Be on the lookout otherwise.

Introduction, is a must 'n... My name is X,
Keep deductin' and ducking... You won't figure the text.
Shakespeare's algebra, I formulated the test,
Got tongue muscles body-builders can't flex.
Must I stress, that I'm a treasured spot?
Nothing less, I doth spit, than hot.
Or maybe cool on occa**ion, bathed in,
A flow so ridiculous, sicker than sifilous...

If that's how you spell the damn STI... What up...

saw this shit on chief rocka, impressed...
Hood.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
you know what? i dig this shit. you guys have some really good ideas (Carnival has ma**ive potential), and i haven't heard anyone try this yet in SA. i like the minimalist beats and the slow, calm flows. also dig the touch of electro, live instrumentation, and weird song structures.

you cats have something here, but you have to focus it. at the moment the quality and some of the execution is really horrible and needs to be polished. it's still mostly vague: who are you and what do you sound like? or what don't you sound like?

also you cats have to work more on your style and how that comes out in your music - at the moment there's nothing distinct saying that this is something that you've properly thought out and are executing. it still could be a gimmick. i say drop the boring conventional shit and continue with the weirdness, but do it right.work harder, and take your music seriously. finetune and work it to a quality that's acceptable. don't come through with the mentality of a bedroom group, but rather as a complete package you're ready to put out there.

or someone else might get this and run with it. there's no time to come through half-steppin', yo.

otherwise big ups! i'm feeling it. up more tracks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:13:07 PM by panic »