Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Emcee Africa 2

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
EMCEE AFRICA'S BACK 

Emcee Africa, the continent’s extensive hip-hop talent search is back - bigger and better than before. Auditions kick off in Botswana on Saturday, 17 April and his time the series has added reach and conscience through a tie-in with Mi, a major new youth-oriented cell phone brand. 
The 13-episode reality competition, which will air on Channel O from May, promises to turn up the volume during the second season with emcees from five countries (Botswana, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria) demonstrating their skill and finesse across three categories in the search for the best all-round emcee.

Emcee Africa will be presented by Lee Kasumba, one of the continent’s most credible youth commentators, and each country will field its own panel of credible hip-hop judges.

Once competitors have fought it out over three categories – performance, freestyle and battling - two emcees from each country will be nominated by their judging panel to go forward and compete in the Emcee Africa grand final, to be held in Botswana in July. The overall winner will receive US$10,000 and a chance to feature on a new track with three African hip-hop veterans. This original track will be accompanied by a music video, shot to commemorate the occasion.

Emcee Africa audition dates are as follows;

Botswana – Saturday, 17 April
South Africa – Saturday, 24 April
Ghana – Thursday, 7 May
Nigeria – Saturday, 9 May
Kenya – Saturday, 23 May
For entry details, log on to www.mi-fone.mobi
(off rage.co.za)

Hope to see a good show...

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
dope 1! i hope they can get it online for those of us who can't watch it, i wonder if snazz is coming back to defend the title, or if he will be a judge in the competition this time around... zed you guys should get Zambia on the show next time around too.. this will be a good look for Botswana!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:33:55 AM by watziznehmegin »

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
This is a good "idea" but like I said last time it needs to include more countries for it to truely be emcee "Africa".
Sleeping on a LOT of BIG markets for talent

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
True, i agree, but maybe in the future in will grow, think of Battle Of The Year starting in Braunschweig, Germany, it was small at first, and slowly but surely it grew, and now it's worldwide! i think a part 2 is already a good sign, if rhis one ls a success, it just might be heading that direction.

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
dope 1! i hope they can get it online for those of us who can't watch it, i wonder if snazz is coming back to defend the title, or if he will be a judge in the competition this time around... zed you guys should get Zambia on the show next time around too.. this will be a good look for Botswana!
No doubt,I know cats that have been reaching out to the organisers and the local multichoice office about this but to no avail...our time will come!Zim too! we are organising our own local open mic/battle sessions though...

This is a good "idea" but like I said last time it needs to include more countries for it to truely be emcee "Africa".
Sleeping on a LOT of BIG markets for talent
Word!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:25:29 AM by ZedHipHopFan »

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
you guys always expect too much too soon. first Hype, then this. smh.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
No doubt they'll improve on the probs last year and come out stronger and harder. Good luck to them!
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
A DVD including all the battles in the end would be nice Merch, with xtra footage and sorts, maybe the video for the winning single, and a making of type deal, matter fact they should go back and do that for the first one, for those that missed it, hell i still haven't seen or heard the Snazz and Words track from last years event.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
I am not sure about "growth" & "improvement" fellas. From last year they had SIX countries (Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya, Angola, Nigeria, and South Africa). This year they have even LESS...
I am sure Angola (!!!) & TZ feel snubbed (rightfully). Let alone the countries that haven't been included yet.

If freakin Big Broda Africa can get the active involvement of 12 African countries surely another reality program by the same company (MNet) can leverage relationships to get more than FIVE!
Its frustrating like US sports teams calling themselves "World" champions or like when Fungayi's HYPE mag was calling itself "South Africa's ONLY Hip Hop Mag". They need a new name for it if that's their strategy. "Channel O Hip Hop Idols" or something.

Jury's still out on that prize too.

SMH basically.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:03:52 PM by TATEguru v.2K9 »

ree

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
you guys always expect too much too soon. first Hype, then this. smh.

???

too much too soon ,nah u cant have only  5 countries reppin "emcee africa" that  just does not make sense at all no matter how much or how little we expect
illuminatemusic.blogspot.com
myspace.com/illumin_8

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
really? how many Third World countries are producing it?

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

Third world deez nuts.... what u need to do is STFU! Actually people on the project informed us that Zambia was on the initial project but the sponsor pulled out coz of the credit crunch! So clearly people want to expand and its not just a matter of US expecting shit from YOU!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile

Third world deez nuts.... what u need to do is STFU! Actually people on the project informed us that Zambia was on the initial project but the sponsor pulled out coz of the credit crunch! So clearly people want to expand and its not just a matter of US expecting shit from YOU!
Whats this US vs YOU dumbsh*t?

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
ease up, fella. thats not what i meant. i wont even entertain the xenophobic shit youre insinuating. my question of how many is based on numbers, thats it.

its a reality that as it stands South Africa (the Third World country im referring to) cant do it on its own. they dont have enough money to finance a show that would be inclusive of as many African countries as we - yes WE -would like to see.

you cats are constantly bitching online for quick results, criticizing the very people putting in work to put on real shit for you in media thats traditionally profit strapped and bullshit. and thats including South Africans.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
Lets not go around throwing around words like "Cash-strapped" etc when we dont have official word on how much it costs to produce a series like Emcee "Africa".
I have seen award winning productions like Word Up! A HipHopumentary made with little next to NO budget so it CAN be done.