Rapper Common Sense

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
^^ Gotto agree with Superb on all points. but anyhow, were clearly not going to agree on anything or atleast aknowledge each others points ;)
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Ja at the end of the day we gat different listening skills to music....and that what makes it interesting.

Now as much as I don't want to sound like a hater but...I would really like to know what exactly fascinate u cats about Kanye. Don't get me wrong I like his early stuff material......but what is it exactly dat outstanding about Kanye, cause me personally I think Just Blaze is more dope than him

Gimme the reasons why u think Kanye is better, and I would also give my reasons why I think producers of my choice are dope.
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Syklik Beatz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
  • 360°
    • View Profile
    • Syklik
about Kanye what fascinate me is his ability to pick samples e.g. Alicia Keys - You don't know my name that's genius.
The Touch Of Elegance

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
Well that song originally is not Alicia Keys songs, the group that did that song is The Main Ingredient - Let Me Prove My Love To you from their album Shame on the world.

I think most ppl like Kanye because of the records he samples. other wise than that.....nothing more. He's very good at taking the old records samples and put drums to it and then come up with a new song. To me that's Kanye and his production style. He sampling technique is so easy to figure....I think anybody who is into beatmaking can flip Kanye's style.  I don't think he ever uses the chopped sounds....he just loops and tweak the sample there and there. So that's Kanye to me.

My producer of choice

Pete Rock - this dude is a genius...he's sampling technique is sometimes not easy to figure. He can sample more than one record in one beat. His mixing skills is good.
Hi-Tek - This cats is extremely good...he can flip it in any style. Hi-Tek is the kinda producer than u can ask to do it in a different format he will do it for u.
Jay Dee aka Dilla -  This cat does not cheat on beats...he put his heart and soul in making a joint. His joint gat more depth, groove...and knows how to capture the best part in a song.

Nyambz is also on the list, but it sad because I haven't had luck to find the original samples that Nyambz 1nce used in certain joints that I like except Village Road...so that bugs me in a way
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:41:43 PM by Superb »
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Nyambz is also on the list, but it sad because I haven't had luck to find the original samples that Nyambz 1nce used in certain joints that I like except Village Road...so that bugs me in a way

Shame, you can just have it easy by jacking them at his crib...  ;D

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Well that song originally is not Alicia Keys songs, the group that did that song is The Main Ingredient - Let Me Prove My Love To you from their album Shame on the world.

I think most ppl like Kanye because of the records he samples. other wise than that.....nothing more. He's very good at taking the old records samples and put drums to it and then come up with a new song. To me that's Kanye and his production style. He sampling technique is so easy to figure....I think anybody who is into beatmaking can flip Kanye's style.  I don't think he ever uses the chopped sounds....he just loops and tweak the sample there and there. So that's Kanye to me.

What u mean the song is not Originally Alicia Key's ? The Main Ingredient song is completely different. It's not like it's a remake or a cover version. Kanye sampled them, that's all. So all hip-hop songs then are not original cos they've been sampled ?

I don't know why people fuss about Kanye's production. He's doing it like it's always been done. Dr. Dre, the RZA,etc,etc they've been doing exactly what Kanye's doing and nobody had a problem with it. Just because Kanye's sample choice have been exposed doesn't mean he sucks. All your favourite producers, Pete Rock, Hi-Tek, J-Dilla have mostly used loops throughout their careers. Am i missing something ?
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

What u mean the song is not Originally Alicia Key's ? The Main Ingredient song is completely different. It's not like it's a remake or a cover version. Kanye sampled them, that's all. So all hip-hop songs then are not original cos they've been sampled ?

I don't know why people fuss about Kanye's production. He's doing it like it's always been done. Dr. Dre, the RZA,etc,etc they've been doing exactly what Kanye's doing and nobody had a problem with it. Just because Kanye's sample choice have been exposed doesn't mean he sucks. All your favourite producers, Pete Rock, Hi-Tek, J-Dilla have mostly used loops throughout their careers. Am i missing something ?

cosign MrC
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
I agree with TwoTeams and Peewee. I thought Electric Circus was wack. The beats weren't easy on my ear. I liked 'Be' and 'Finding Forever'.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile

Okay TwoTeams let me rephrase it

All I meant MrC was that the song was sampled from The Main Ingredient and she based her song in what she took from The Main Ingredient and that is the truth.......!!!!!

Getting back to Kanye...it not about looping or chopping. Almost everybody loops...I meant that his production style is so simple....u can tell that there's really not much that being done in them.

My favourite producers, even if they loop, but u can tell that they've ran an extra mile to make the beat more different from the original sample......

I never said I have a problem with Kanye...All I wanted to know is what really fascinating about him that other producers are not.....!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 02:18:29 PM by Superb »
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
ths is crazy

to whum dus it matter howmuch mile u went flipping the sample?

what more do u need to do if the sample is already dope as it is? y ruin it?
heck sum of hphop's biggest cla**ics are strait-jacked loops....

dilla, pete, madlib, nyambz, kev brown, kanye, preemo, etc etc. all
sample, yet employ diffrent techniques. and that makes em unique.

Cant we jus enjoy the music for what it is?

or betta yet accept we all gat our own tastes.
 Live with it and move on.
f***, producers is a fickle bunch.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 02:38:46 PM by Myth »
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
ths is crazy

i agree
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
ths is crazy

f***, producers is a fickle bunch.

Its only discussion people can disagree and still keep it moving, its all opinions otherwise why have a message board at all?
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

Its only discussion people can disagree and still keep it moving, its all opinions otherwise why have a message board at all?

Co Siggy
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!