Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Back 2 the City 2009

t2da · 51 · 19922

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

And what's the hehe for? :D Loved the look o your face when the panny finally dropped.. Cla**ic...  

nah man,was just that i didn't immediately recognize you even though i think we've met b4.next time i'll know. panny dropped ? someone please translate for me.i went to a loxion school.

That's what it meant...

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

And what's the hehe for? :D Loved the look o your face when the panny finally dropped.. Cla**ic...  

nah man,was just that i didn't immediately recognize you even though i think we've met b4.next time i'll know. panny dropped ? someone please translate for me.i went to a loxion school.

It's "penny" dropped white-talk for moment of realisation.
Orlando High represent.   
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
@ Enis, the craziest thing, no alcohol at a festival. Had to go to Capello's and I must admit that place is shitty with shitty service.

Oh and I'd really love to see more security around the area. Just for a girls peace of mind.

You could hav brought a cooler box with and drank at the gate like all them peeps....

I was a bit worried bout the security too, there wasnt enough of them around....at least it was a peaceful gig, no rowdy rowdy business (except for fool who was throwing bottles on stage) but they shud organise more personnel...

...didnt get to move around alot as i was capturing the moments in the front....i might hav clip of Deep Soweto, they were sounding gud though...

@ Dpleezy: I hope you guys left some copies of Driemanskap at Ritual....

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
what happened to the after party at Shivava? anyone attend?

by the way i've decided to move to Newtown and work at Xara books - how are the rates for rent, Cpt Schti?

i love Newtown! - the place would be excellent if not for the dearth of drinking holes. unlike Baldi, i dont have the patience to deal with Capellos' ineffectual staff and overpriced beer. at one point i had to go all the way to Kiss Kiss in Hillbrow!

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

by the way i've decided to move to Newtown and work at Xara books - how are the rates for rent, Cpt Schti?

My man Neon used to work @ Xara. Are June and Kays still the owners ? That June lady is a dime for real. I used to work with Kays back in the day, was funny meeting him there. That's a dope store.

There's this girl @ Xara now, i think her name's Simphiwe ? OMG !!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:18:50 PM by MrTwoTeams »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
what happened to the after party at Shivava? anyone attend?

I was there. I was mad dope thoIt looked like there was around 20 people there. the DJ's (High-Hats and Medicine plus another whose name i dont know) held it down, had mad fun. we actually didnt wanna leave but Beaker had to catch some sleep to get ready for work.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Yeah the show was dope, like to see this festival continue on every year. ill bring extra batteries for the cordless mics, LOL nah fosho Osmic and crew ,well done on putting together a dope event. Shout outs to El Nino, Dplanet, HHP... my peoples, Imbube, F-eezy and Nations.

easy.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:03:29 PM by Draztik »

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
shit, shiit, shiiit, shyt! i cant believe i missed this! f***! i was in fordsburg on 27th and streets were empty before 9 when I went to cresta. n the followin day I past Newtown from Randburg no1 was around... wtf? but stil tho, i wonda if i was there, wud i made it on time 4 my interview the followin day cos eish partyin n drinkin ol nite n havin 2 get up early for an interview with heavy head is sumthin else... nex tym
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
This shit sounds crazy dope! Anyone got pics? or Film footage for youtube? Who won the freestyle battle?

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
This shit sounds crazy dope! Anyone got pics? or Film footage for youtube? Who won the freestyle battle?

Adamiz won and got himself R10 000 worth of studio time....will upload the vids of the battles soon, just hav to chop em up 1st...

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
yeah the show was nice, bought the Driemanskaap, been banging it ever since.

Big Up P-Unit!!!!!!!

@ D Planet, Ma-B promised me a free vid, still waiting for it!
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Was this the official South African leg of Emcee Africa this year? Or is that yet to come?

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
nah it wasnt, the Emcee Africa went down on saturday at party people, dont know who won it though...

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
nah it wasnt, the Emcee Africa went down on saturday at party people, dont know who won it though...
a dude named Maraza from Durban. He beat Adamus. Maraza was funny as hell man that why he won. i thought he was really wack at first and i laughed because i thought he was wack in a funny way. he got really funny punchlines on his freestyles. he kept the crowd laughing and made a fool of his opponents. nigga is a quick thinker.

Adamus on the other hand was dope too but he was wack at Back To The City and sometimes reused some of the lines he used at Rocka but just switched them up a bit.

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Oh, thats why he was saying that he's leaving us with his Jam Alley V/S title cos he now got the Channel O title...

Yeah Adamiz/Adamus was weak at back2dacity (I could hav battled him and won  ;D) , for me Inta won that battle but becos they wer afraid of makin that call, they had to hav another round which was Inta's downfall as he didnt bring it at all in that round...