Africasgateway.com

Cape Town

Capt Schti · 103 · 28357

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
*If it were up to them every show would cost R10, like some primary school social.
*The clique thing, most complain about it, I stayed there for two years I was too busy partying with people from outside Cape Town and outside the country to notice, which worked our great- I wasn't restricted to R10 or free events.     
*No one born raised and working in Cape Town can afford to buy their dream home in Cape Town.
*There is not a single influential black person who is one, under 30, and two not a politician.  
*Compared to Jozi salaries, the slave trade is still alive.  
*Durban gave us that Durban house, even Pretoria gave us mogwanti, what has Cape Town done for the youth of South Africa?
*The blacks and the coloureds have no respect for each other.  
*From the nightlife to the dopest houses, Cape Town is virtually foreign owned.  

All in all, why should we take Cape Town seriously?         
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:04:55 PM by Capt Schti »
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
*If it were up to them every show would cost R10, like some primary school social.
*The clique thing, most complain about it, I stayed there for two years I was too busy partying with people from outside Cape Town and outside the country to notice, which worked our great- I wasn't restricted to R10 or free events.     
*No one born raised and working in Cape Town can afford to buy their dream home in Cape Town.
*There is not a single influential black person who is one, under 30, and two not a politician.   
*Durban gave us that Durban house, even Pretoria gave us mogwanti, what has Cape Town done for the youth of South Africa?

real talk in this my sister just moved back from there she says its lame as f***

That not good enough for ya?

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Eish so sad...

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Eish so sad...

must be truly annoying tho, to have people who are lames in their own country come over here and live like royalty thanks to the exchange rate

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Add the Transkei - Vs Cape Town for real issue. I belive amongst the ma**es it's an issue (RDP houses, jobs, etc)
you should have mentioned the Xenophobia (lathough it's a national thing)

Black Cape Townians just have to go elsewhere to make a mark.  No opportunities for them there @ all.

Apartheid is still responsible for what's happening there. Coloureds were the buffer group between whites and blacks.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
which is why im really moving to Jozi now.

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
Add the Transkei - Vs Cape Town for real issue. I belive amongst the ma**es it's an issue (RDP houses, jobs, etc)
you should have mentioned the Xenophobia (lathough it's a national thing)

Black Cape Townians just have to go elsewhere to make a mark.  No opportunities for them there @ all.

Apartheid is still responsible for what's happening there. Coloureds were the buffer group between whites and blacks.

Funny cause I had this discussion with my gf

I totally agree, mina I work for this Big Retail Company, and there's not even a single black IT Manager here, so that basically means that I have no future here, and there's no black female too. It totally sucks down here.....!!

As much as this can be harsh but it is true....some of the coloured people like to believe that they better than us...blacks

That pisses me of, cause when things are in favour of Blacks they call themselves Blacks too, but when things are against us, they a**ociate themselves with Whites
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Spaza. Ben Sharpa. KONFAB. Beatbangaz. Ready D. POC. Mr Fat. Devious.

When you say that all the nightlife is 'foreign owned', that is not strictly true. Maybe not black-owned, but there's lots of South Africans who own entertainment venues.

Very few people who grew up in London can afford their dream houses either. What's your point? Cape Town (like London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York etc) has a lot of internationally-desirable property. Does that mean we should all go and commit suicide? How many people in J-Sect can afford their 'dream house'? Are you living in your dream house?

Not saying that Cape Town doesn't have issues, but there's some generalisations in your list that aren't strictly true.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
So Cape Town is gonna continue being without rich or wealthy black people cos when the going gets tough, the tough get's going.

That's my two cents.

Back in the day, even Durbanites (including I) were living us for Jozi (and still are). Now Durban is doing things (being the IT hub, Tourism also slowly making a mark, Entertainment--hate house nucca-- but they have been holding the flag cos all these parties attract a whole lotta mafos from across the country) nuccas is confused.  ??? ???
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

yak

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
so you live and work in joburg, you bought your dream home there yet?
i agree
did you attend a special school? cape town gave us lots of quality acts, artists and activists that were setting standards when those cats in durbs etc were still wearing nappies. POC, black noise, desud MSG anyone?
sad but true. coloured people are kak racist, but it goes both ways as well.
*From the nightlife to the dopest houses, Cape Town is virtually foreign owned. and what joburg homes and nightlife is owned exclusively by joburgers?   

all in all i think your argument is weak.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
which is why im really moving to Jozi now.

Nigga stay in your place...Baldi told this you already.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
so you live and work in joburg, you bought your dream home there yet?
i agree
did you attend a special school? cape town gave us lots of quality acts, artists and activists that were setting standards when those cats in durbs etc were still wearing nappies. POC, black noise, desud MSG anyone?
sad but true. coloured people are kak racist, but it goes both ways as well.
*From the nightlife to the dopest houses, Cape Town is virtually foreign owned. and what joburg homes and nightlife is owned exclusively by joburgers?   

all in all i think your argument is weak.

wow you came out of lurking to post this

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
(Spaza. Ben Sharpa. KONFAB. Beatbangaz. Ready D. POC. Mr Fat. Devious.)

No! Come on I'm talking about movements known from Hermanus to Bela Bela, you 're talking about individuals.    

(When you say that all the nightlife is 'foreign owned', that is not strictly true. Maybe not black-owned, but there's lots of South Africans who own entertainment venues.)

I didn’t mean venues, if I did I would have said venues, I meant the people that go and bring life to the city.    

(Very few people who grew up in London can afford their dream houses either. What's your point? Cape Town (like London, Paris, Amsterdam, New York etc) has a lot of internationally-desirable property. Does that mean we should all go and commit suicide? How many people in J-Sect can afford their 'dream house'? Are you living in your dream house?)

One: I'm not talking about London. Two: no, don't kill yourself, but do relax. Three: 80 percent of my friends do. The other 20 could if they really worked at it.  
Four: I actually do own my dream place, mind you it's worth just over a million rands and it's an apartment, but I wanted it because it suited my lifestyle and within 8 months I got it.       

(Not saying that Cape Town doesn't have issues, but there's some generalisations in your list that aren't strictly true.)

Of course, but based on my first point, I was not all that serious.
My time in Cape Town was the most personally benefitting period in my life, love it.
But guys you have to start making and spending money to be taken serious...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:07:25 PM by Capt Schti »
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam