Africasgateway.com

Confederations Cup Build Up

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
I see all you cats talking and sharing your excitement and shit... I must admit part of me is excited too... but my wishes for this Confed Cup is to see the following two countries face each other off in the Final. Now that would boost my excitement and spice shit up a lil...

USA vs IRAQ

Oh shit... now that would be a tight one... see the Iraqis express themselves against their all-time oppressor.

Word To Mother

Go play on the sand, eat a worm or something.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I got a free suite ticket for a final from Investec    ye yeah,not bad. We beating Iraq today.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I got a free suite ticket for a final from Investec    ye yeah,not bad. We beating Iraq today.

That's a good one. I'm still trying to hustle a ticket to the final. Watched Brazil and Egypt train yesterday and Friday.

Can't wait to go the Spain training. Hopefully I can get close enough to get the Liverpool players in the squad to sign a few jerseys for me. Then I'm gonna sell them on the Liverpool website. :)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Spain tearing New Zealand a new a**hole huh... ayo Torres is boss though
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
This will make a good drinking game, take a shot everytime new zealand strings together 2 pa**es  :D :D

seriously if we dont destroy those kiwis I'm going with mrC for the next beating

That not good enough for ya?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I see the spirit of Pierre Issa is still with SA football  :-\. Good luck to you though.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Nil - Nil on such a winnable game-----SMH
Real Recognise Real

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
We CHOKED. Simpled as that. We needed to rise to the occasion but we didn't. Dude's still played well, but again lacked around the 18 area. The coaches tactics were horrible. How u gonna play 3 defensive middlefielders against IRAQ ? It was a good combo for Poland cos it does help us win the ball in the middle and contain people, and it would be a good combo against the likes of SPAIN, but against IRAQ ? We needed to attack them fully. Also i don't see why Terror is started ahead of Mashego. Gaxa is dope but he could also be given some time off and Bryce Moon comes on for him. He gets forward more than Gaxa. And with Tshepo on the left with Simphiwe we could have caused serious damage. Shame what happened to Parker. Damnn Shame. But all is not lost.

Spain were just too brilliant. Simple Simple goals. They gonna win.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
We couldn't deal with Iraq. I think even the All Whites could get away with a draw fromt hat showing.

I am trembling with excitement to see what Spain is gonna do to them. Its that feeling you get before something bad is about to happen and I can't wait.

El Nino is just too brilliant.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
And what would an embarra**ing draw be without some commentary from Hayibo?
Bafana "as powerful as US military because they couldn't beat Iraq either"   

JOHANNESBURG. According to South African officials, the national football team is as powerful as the United States military "because they couldn't beat Iraq either". Meanwhile the team says it was confused by the Young Communists League's call for it to play with "militancy and radicalism", as the laws of football do not allow for the petrol-bombing of the opposition.

The Confederations Cup football tournament, billed in South Africa as "not the World Cup", has struggled to fire the imagination of the host country, however delighted officials said Sunday's 0-0 draw against Iraq had put the country squarely on the geopolitical map.

According to South African Football a**ociation spokesman Hotfuzz Mxenge, the draw had confirmed that Bafana Bafana were an "unstoppable killing machine" like the US Military.

"When you think about it the similarities are spooky," said Mxenge. "They both look ultra-hot when they're doing star-jumps, and neither of them could beat Iraq. I rest my case."

Meanwhile Bafana Bafana striker Macduff Phiri says the game settled nerves in the camp.

"What we do best is not score goals, so it was good to find that familiar terrain," he told journalists this morning.

"By not scoring goals in not the World Cup we're hoping to build up to a point where we can begin thinking about not scoring goals in the World Cup."

However, he asked the Young Communists League to stop making confusing suggestions.

Before Sunday's match the YCL was widely quoted as calling on the team to "apply the militancy and radicalism of the June 16 martyrs on the field of play by performing well and doing the country proud".

Phiri said that while the team respected the YCL's sentiments, it had been "severely distracted" on Sunday by trying to incorporate militancy and radicalism into its game-plan.

"For starters, if you want us to play like the kids of June 16, 1976, does that mean you want us to get ma**acred and only win a tournament 18 years later?" he asked.

He said the team had tried to be militant in the first half but that they had been forced to reconsider after midfielders Eros Ramotswe and Elvis Ndebele were yellow-carded for throwing a petrol bomb at the Iraqi striker and setting fire to the referee's car.

"We thank the YCL for their enthusiasm and input," said Phiri, "but maybe they could let us figure out how to score goals, and we'll leave them to figure out why they still exist twenty years after the failure of Communism."   

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
If these niggas cant beat Iraq which is possibly the weakest team in this tournament, who are they going to beat?... will be interesting.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
I thought new zealand was the weakest

That not good enough for ya?

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member