Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Confederations Cup Build Up

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
What the f*** Does Elrio van Heerden need to do to get game time ?Dude is as good as Pienaar !!Daym
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
A change was definately needed there on the 60th minute... I'm Not entirely sure what the coach was thinking.

On the other hand, our goal keeper performed superbly only it was unfortunate that the defenders got sloppy because both those goals were hardly spectacular... Otherwise it was a good game.

Hopefully we'll do better when we face the Brazilians on the next round.
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I am not sure why there are such big expectations on Bafana. Everyone else at this tournament is a champion (NZ is arguable but still). Bafana are just the hosts.

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
I am not sure why there are such big expectations on Bafana. Everyone else at this tournament is a champion (NZ is arguable but still). Bafana are just the hosts.

If we have no expectations then dudes will have nothing to prove, nothing to play for. And that is not a good place to be considering our current ranking. We don't just participate in world soccer coz we wanna have a good time. The aim is to be Number 1. Right? People's are on some "Bafana is only there coz they're the hosts", which is true, so they have LOTS to prove.I personally have high expectations coz (A) patriotism just gets the better of me and (B) I think dudes have the ability to kick some serious a**. First half against Spain was well played. Other than the fact that Spain had more possession, there was no clear winner in that half. Bafana terrorised them just as much as they did to us.

Khune's the freaking man for saving the penalty AND getting up quick enough to save the follow up. All round props.

Once Spain scored the first goal, Bafana lost composure and couldn't find their way back into it. And I think that is the one thing (apart from the inability to convert opportunties) that will keep killing us if it's not addressed. I'm not an expert so I can't say whether it's the lack of a plan B, lack of experience or whatever I could throw out there, but dudes need to be able to regroup and focus on the objectives. And they definitely need to up their kick game coz it's not good enough to say Teko took lots of opportunties, especially if none (or a very small percentage) of them are on target. Dudes need to be able to belt that ball when they shooting. And dudes need to get their aim on point.
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
mokuena continues to be the worst player on our team

That not good enough for ya?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think the commentator dude said it best after the match.

"I don't see Santana taking us anywhere. I think he should go and he should take his captain with him."

I really agree with him. Santana didn't get the position on merit. How do we expect to get anywhere if we are playing under what is effectively an Affirmative Action coach?

In other news, I am planning to start training this week, so I can be in shape and hopefully get in the Bafana squad as striker for the world cup next year.
I haven't played football in ages, but I can't suck any worse than the people we have in there now. Their finishing is horrid.

Hopefully I can get signed by Liverpool.

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

"I don't see Santana taking us anywhere. I think he should go and he should take his captain with him."

We can't afford to keep on changing coaches everytime we feel like it. The boys have adapted to Santana's style of football now, the games against Iraq & New Zealand showed that... I have faith in Santana and the boys, they do have potential, we simply got unlucky...

I don't know what's with Mashego not timing his runs correctly... Modise is simply under performing. I think it would be better if Tshabalala would start off instead of Sibaya and it was dope that he chose to put Pienaar on the starting line up as well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:32:37 AM by Dymize »

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I honestly don't know what happened in the field with the Italians... Their defense was impaired, their attacking tactics weren't tactical enough... They were totally out-played.

Egypt on the other hand... Well, let's just say "They got 8 like 4 times 2".

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
wat the hell happened with egypt??? who can break it down for me? i was watching italia take on brasil
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Ho thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaata banna ha o sena maqheka

Surely u guys can see that the boys improved lets keep supporting the all the way I mean they were playing the best team in the World looking at how they play now they gonna suprise many next year mark my words
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Besides letting Spain score those two goals, they played very well.

What happened to Egypt was a real surprise. I knew USA would score at least one goal but i didnt expect them to win.

The Sotho commentators are my highlight of the tournament.

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
I don't know what's with Mashego not timing his runs correctly... Modise is simply under performing. I think it would be better if Tshabalala would start off instead of Sibaya and it was dope that he chose to put Pienaar on the starting line up as well.

Agree, His having a field day entertaining offsides, the team really needs finishers, I don't doubt the talent but there's no clicking in front & I'll quote from PES2009 "sometimes they like cows in a field, they don know what to do with it"
I wonder if the team understands instructions from the coach during play, when he was being interviewed, shits was cryptic, hehe.. all the best to Bafana..

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile

Re-direct your ether towards New Zealand for celebrating a draw (against IRAQ!!!) like they'd just won the World Cup.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
mokuena continues to be the worst player at the Cofed Cup

Fixed. Ps, Teko needs benchtime. He's way overrated. Don't know why they'd say he's the future when he's 26 (Zidane won a world cup at this age, Henry and Trezeguet were only 20!!) and can't get one shot on target. Play some guys who put the team first... Erio?? Siphiwe??  Three defensive midfielders who can't pa** the ball (Sibaya, KG and Mhlongo) won't win anyone any matches. Rather keep KG on and probably play Mhlongo in Sibaya's absence. My team against Brazil would be:

1. Khune
2. Gaxa
3. Masilela
4. Booth
5. Khumalo
6. Mhlongo
7. Van Heerden
8. Dikgacoi (must play double-6 with Mlhongo)
9. Parker
10. Mashego (wasteful, always offside but much more active than Fanteni)
11. Tshabalala

Subs:

Fernandes
Modise
Fanteni
Davids
Moon
Mphela
Mokoena
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"