Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Mzansi icons in tug of war over Akon
24 May 2009
Theo Nyhaba

EPICENTRE: Senegalese singing sensation Akon
Senegalese superstar Akon is not Mr Lonely anymore – he has so many friends that some of them are fighting for this attention.
The fight for the I Wanna Love You muso took centre stage in Mzansi two weeks ago when theatre icon Lebo M allegedly tried to paint Tbo-Touch and Fistaz Mixwell, the business partners who brought the star here, as drug pushers who ran away from rehab.
Lebo allegedly told this to Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development Jeff Radebe, who was supposed to arrange for Akon to meet President Jacob Zuma.
According to our source, the trouble started after Touch and Fistaz approached Lebo M to use his political connections to facilitate the meeting.
According to the source, Lebo wanted more than just to arrange a meeting and claimed that he was bringing Akon to the country.
Another source says things got sour after Touch and Fistaz told him he was not going to be part of the event as his duty was just to arrange a meeting.
Apparently Lebo M decided to play dirty and allegedly told justice minister Jeff Radebe and his wife as well as top businesswoman Bridgette Radebe that the two were drug addicts who had run away from rehab and couldn’t be trusted with organising an event.
He allegedly told Radebe that he was bringing Akon here and had arranged for him to perform at the Blues Room in Sandton.
The source says that Radebe consequently washed his hands of arranging a meeting with Zuma, organising VIP transport for Akon’s crew and dropped the dinner preparations that had been made.
The source says Touch and Fistaz were left stranded. At 7am on the day of Akon’s arrival they had to use their own cars to pick up the star and his crew from the airport.
The source says at the airport a fleet of Maseratis and Bentleys organised by Lebo M were waiting for Akon and his crew.
An argument allegedly ensued at the airport between Lebo M’s crew and Touch, with both claiming to be the organisers.
The source says Akon saw the spat and told Lebo’s crew he did not know them but knew Touch. He then left with Touch for the Melrose Arch Hotel in Jozi.
The source says Touch and Fistaz had to use their connections with former ANCYL spokesman Zizi Kodwa to arrange a meeting with Zuma.
Mzansi tycoon Patrice Motsepe’s people then invited Touch, Fistaz and Akon to a private celebrity-studded dinner in the penthouse at the Michelangelo Towers in Sandton. Lebo M apparently arrived at the dinner uninvited but was turned away by security.
Lebo M denies these allegations.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he says.
Kodwa says he was told of the story but did not entertain it.
“I have never met Lebo M in person, but Akon’s visit to the country was important to us, and especially for arts and culture,” he says.
And Fistaz now puts a positive spin on the saga.
“It was challenging but it’s over now. We managed to pull through and Akon met Mr Zuma.
“We are grateful to everyone who helped us,” he says.
Touch refused to comment, saying: “Why don’t you call Lebo M first and come back to me.”
nyhabat@sundayworld.co.za

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
The subject line is misleading.

i've heard stories in the past of this Lebo M nigga playing dirty so this story doesnt sound far fetched at all for me.

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
The subject line is misleading.

Yeah ninja, Touch aint no icon. the word just rhymes with Akon.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
lebo m who? the f*** this playa thinks he is, just coz he got some deal with disney about lcomposing music for the lion king movies so he thinks he gonna control every shit thats going down in sa music industry?

whoever told this f*** was the best f***ed sa up, this fool is ignorant, what part of " u not invited' doesnt he understand
this fool got too much f***ing pride, i f***ing hate this playa man, ive said that shit more that 20 times since i knew this tranny

he doesnt amaze me, he beta smoke a huge dutch and fallback
Hood.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I dont care whos right or wrong here but Lebo M needs to let these young cats do their thing and not hate. I mean the dude has been getting that LION KING money from Disney since early 90s.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
Lebo M needs to drop the hate and let the young guns eat. The guy is plain greedy and childish. How a grown man gon' act like a school kid running to the principal's office to tell on his naughty cla**mates.

He knows very well that Akon is Touch's connect, he just wanted to shine on Touch's shine.

How true are the drug/rehab allegations? Is Lebo fabricating or is this shit true? :o :o :o
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:29:23 PM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Lebo M needs to drop the hate and let the young guns eat. The guy is plain greedy and childish. How a grown man gon' act like a school kid running to the principal's office to tell on his naughty cla**mates.

He knows very well that Akon is Touch's connect, he just wanted to shine on Touch's shine.

How true are the drug/rehab allegations? Is Lebo fabricating or is this shit true? :o :o :o

its all lies fam, this was just a reputation damage attempt which boviously resulted in a huge fail, lebo suck a dick bitch!
Hood.

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Didnt figure Lebo M for a c***...A fagot maybe... but not a c*** >:(

Guess i was wrong...he's both!
Real Recognise Real

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile

the qoute above has forced to type  LAMO!!!!

LAMO ???
Real Recognise Real

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

ptf...

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

That not good enough for ya?