MOFF G · 13 · 8069

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
i was just wondering: if this is a feasible idea for us AGIANS to showcase our skills by submitting tracks, either using AGIAN  producers, or just posting our own ish( under a certain theme of course) to emulate or even show 'em we can do betta, by cumin up wud a mixtape from this forum.

African hiphop (anada forum) are already on the 2nd mixtape.
the way i look at it, it would help out in knowing who be playing and who be serious about they music and obviously if that person(s) can crack it.
we will also be opening collaboration amongst ourselves. myne is to see this hip hop grow, being able to cross boundaries.

the battle platform and the open mic platform on this forum has been getting posts that if those mcee's were to be given a chance they wud up they game maybe to be the next big thing in S.A.

i dunno if anybody sees it like i do.... what is ya take on this?

MOFF the G-enius!

the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
The idea has been tossed around ever since i joined the forum back in 2005....

its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
the idea has been up, i once aswell posted it up... but it seemed to difficult to work around as we mostly got e-rappers up here. but the likes of the re-invention tapes have been a big part of AG, i think kats come here to mostly posted the current work record not to based the work load up here, an idea might be to locate who you wanna work with and get at them... Ofcourse if you are an emcee its harder as you have to prove yourself, as a producer... you gotta work hard to get your name up there

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
maybe it needed sum initiative from us, i do understand to pull off sumthing such, formally, will take up much time and effort.

lookin at it from an mcee perspective, we need to upp what we have, if those who post ish( producers corner) here do give permission for us to utilise what they already posted( either it was used sumwhere) to just market what we can do as a form of a mixtape....
the same ish is to be posted back by mcees on the same platform.... it can voted in as to which track will make it to the final list on the mixtape...depending on the amount of material received.

more job for moderators as to selecting which of the tracks can crack it...
i think it wud give credibility to sum cats that have been here for quiet a while... and help on the recognition that most do deserve.....

f*** this cyber cipher ish if it is to no avail.... we thot the net helped to bring u closer to those people farther but we seem scared to take the plunge....

so do we both agree that producers need mcees to highlite they work and vice versa?

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
taking nothing away from your idea homes, i attest, it is a noble one, but i fear you are crusing in a waterlogged ship with this one....like Rebbi said, do YOU, find a coupla cats u want to work with and get your project OUT, talking about rallying niccas here is just going to give you more work than it really is cut out to be...trust me :)

oh and another thing:

so do we both agree that producers need mcees to highlite they work and vice versa?

i beg to differ, there is NO emceeing with out Production...but there is Production without emceeing, thats why Production and producer albums have been able to thrive on this portal and many others like it...truth, EMCEES are lazy fam, and to be honest what ive seen here is that they are LESS HUNGRY..how many solo emcee projects have dropped on this portal without the a**istance of one, or two producers that do what they do on a solo effort... ::), never have i come across an emcee who is solely an emcee tryna put something together for his or her own portfolio, it is always a cat who raps & produces or is affiliated with a producer that releases, never one who comes here to toss us his raps & literally audition for beats to DO HIM or HER....

production & emceeing, the two are not symbiotic and their interests mutually exclusive....THANK GOD!

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
yeah i can dig that.
it is more work than any other, but it can be pulled off.

yeah mcees on this platform is lazy homes... as much as there is producers who is willing to see their work being appreciated, i doubt there would be that much a task to have produced maybe AG'S very own mixtape king or just an thriving solo act as u put it...

as for the quote:

just tryna push mynes homes... if 1 don't raise his point to suit his needs then there will neva be groth.... yeah sure ya'll producers can keep doiing what u be doing but am certain that ya'll wud still love to hear a cat rip ya beat to shreds....

point taken tho.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
ive had it with the multiple threads about this topic, motherf***ers have been saying this shit for years and we aint seen nothin yet, so f*** this idea, its laid out, yall f***ers failed to consolidate and come up with a joint, that alone proves how uncommitted you are.

so i guess what im trying to say is, chances of an Ag mix tape don't exist
Hood.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
ive had it with the multiple threads about this topic, motherf***ers have been saying this shit for years and we aint seen nothin yet, so f*** this idea, its laid out, yall f***ers failed to consolidate and come up with a joint, that alone proves how uncommitted you are.

Oh wow.

Reinvention? Inspiration? To some extent Internal Affairs, even it was a f***ing disaster?

Not to mention Heal the Hood, which was done by Milk years ago.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

Oh wow.

Reinvention? Inspiration? To some extent Internal Affairs, even it was a f***ing disaster?

that was then, im talking new stuff like now, mad, money, moff, onekind, swordsman etc

some new school shit, im talking about some ag biggyz n pacs shit, im talking some ag drakes n waynes
Hood.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile

Oh wow.

that was then, im talking new stuff like now, mad, money, moff, onekind, swordsman etc

some new school shit, im talking about some ag biggyz n pacs shit, im talking some ag drakes n waynes

AG doesnt have gays, well apart from rama and you

That not good enough for ya?

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

Oh wow.

AG doesnt have gays, well apart from rama and you

and you like the only pedophile we have on ag
Hood.

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
i bliv if any of u c***s have any material to prove that maybe u been workin on the idea, u shuc post it... what i gathered from the producers it all lies in the mcee hands.

them did what they did and if there is any that is appealing then they'd be willing to get on board and basically by us (mcees) droppin ish we basically encouraging the project to be kicked off!!

so if u ain't got shit: shut the f*** up!
we need sum constructive not sum that'll just be a statement from a recent veteran....

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
i bliv if any of u c***s have any material to prove that maybe u been workin on the idea, u shuc post it... what i gathered from the producers it all lies in the mcee hands.

them did what they did and if there is any that is appealing then they'd be willing to get on board and basically by us (mcees) droppin ish we basically encouraging the project to be kicked off!!

so if u ain't got shit: shut the f*** up!
we need sum constructive not sum that'll just be a statement from a recent veteran....

there's an increasing need for you to shut tyhe f*** up or otherwise die
Hood.