Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Rapping In Venec (Zulu, Sotho, Afrikaans... ect)

iLL_eG0_AL13n

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
just wanna know what´s u people´s take on tha issue, dig it? hate it? don´t mind it? Would u do it?
Holla back
img]http://images2.imagehigh.com/imagehigh/N/16062005125945_NewAGSig.JPG[/img]
[size=22]Liƒè'§ Ill, sØmëti(¥)ë§ lìƒë (¥)ìght Kìll...[/size]

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
dont mind it!
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Anonymous

Let´s do the maths, who is more successful?

Zubz? <-american accent
Tumi? <- american accent
BVK? <- original accent
POC? <- original accent
H20? <- original accent

it does not make business sense to rap in american accents.

now check this.................

in Europe iwth countries like Germany, Britian and France, do their biggest artists rap in American accents?  no they do not.  they have proven that for your scene to be economically viable you have to be ORIGINAL.  HOw is the rest of the world going to view us?  We talk about German hip hop, french hip hop, uk hiph op, what the hell is SA HIP HOP if we do not want to be who we really are?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR CULTURE?
WE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO THE FUTURE GENERATION TO BE ORIGINAL.
SAY NO TO AMERICAN ACCENTS!

THIS IS SERIOUS, WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE KIDS THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND

LOOK AROUND - WHAT THE HELL DOES IS MEAN TO BE SOUTH AFRICAN? I KNOW CATS THAT DON´T EVEN THINK IN ZULU ANYMORE.

Thembinkosi  

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist
Quote:

13-07-2004 at 09:59, Sensai_Tate :
We have discussed some of these issues.

true, but tha debate iz a never-ending one. i don´t mind it, as said before on tate´s thread (by some) that tha accent izn´t as important as your lyrical content, i´m with THAT argument, but sometimes, ya gotta draw tha line. i´ve heard cats who rap in this very (VERY) forced "american" accent an honestly, it jus takes away from your whole performance, ya can´t even hear what a cat´s tryin to say cuz he´s so intent on soundin like rza, jay-z or even (ugh) chingy. but then again, we tend to slam otha emcees who rap in what we so quickly tend to call an american accent when this iz in fact how they speak. i mean, if you were taught to speak in a certain way (most likely in schools) then "how real are you if you have to fake an "african" accent jus to please tha ma**es?" can´t remember who said this before, but they had a damn good point.

Anonymous

YAWN TO THIS TOPIC COZ WE´VE DISCUSSED IT ON ANOTHER THREAD...

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Quote:

"how real are you if you have to fake an "african" accent jus to please tha ma**es?" can´t remember who said this before, but they had a damn good point.

I sed it before on the very thread you sed was a "never ending" one. So U see we going round in circles re-hashing the same ish sed before on other threads!
Please read the other thread before repeating what we discussed there here. :-D

FT

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Quote:

13-07-2004 at 12:49, Anonymous :
YAWN TO THIS TOPIC COZ WE´VE DISCUSSED IT ON ANOTHER THREAD...

True dat....True dat....

But people are still very much receptively opinionated...let it be.

:-]  :-o FT! :-o  :-]
IYASKO___FT!

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist
Quote:

So U see we going round in circles re-hashing the same ish sed before on other threads!

point taken.

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
yo...let me ask what the issue here, the american accents or rapping in ur grandmama tongue..?

its seems this arguement always takes the two as one thing....
if peeps are looking for south african identity then u gotta rap in ur native issh, but once u start rapping in english...believe me...u gotta come correct or peeps globally is gonn think u just uneducated.....
french hip hop is french hip hop because the mu fukkas is rapping in french....
if u check when those peeps start rapping in english most of them suck big time....and looptroop can pa** as american white dude right?

to add to the flipping problem in africa we got a gazillion languages...how u gonn be reppin south africa, if cats in some part of ur onw country dont get hat the flip u saying...unless someone comes up and says ..zulu or xhosa will become the official language for rappers...

plus yo peeps most of us grew up in a society in which a person with an accent is considered to be an educated mu fukka...hence accents have been laser burnt into our flipping skulls...for sure u is gon laugh when u hear an immigrant speaking english with an african accent...thats a fact...peeps have comment about peeps from zimbabwe to ghana..coz of accents...

yo check am just throwing thots here not in any flipping order, am not fully composed at this moment, but  i mma hit yo with an article about my take about this flipping topic, that keeps popping like that embara**ing pimple in high skool....

peace

tha cypha 97.4 unam radio
windhoek namibia

milov_prosnikov

• Guppie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.backseatbangers.com
first things first!

we´re goin in circles about this topic & i dont know y another thread was started when we could hav just continued on the old1.

unification of vernacular rappin is made that much more dificult in SA coz we hav 11 official languages.

those french,swedish,german cats etc. can afford to rap in their mother tongue quite comfortably coz they have 1 main language.

with all that said however,im not tryin to discourage cats from rappin in vernac, infact i encourage.

phuck it if i cud i wud.

ORIGINAL THREAD PPL!

TNGlive

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • TNGlive
Quote:

13-07-2004 at 13:24, eraze :
yo...let me ask what the issue here, the american accents or rapping in ur grandmama tongue..?

its seems this arguement always takes the two as one thing....
if peeps are looking for south african identity then u gotta rap in ur native issh, but once u start rapping in english...believe me...u gotta come correct or peeps globally is gonn think u just uneducated.....
french hip hop is french hip hop because the mu fukkas is rapping in french....
if u check when those peeps start rapping in english most of them suck big time....and looptroop can pa** as american white dude right?

to add to the flipping problem in africa we got a gazillion languages...how u gonn be reppin south africa, if cats in some part of ur onw country dont get hat the flip u saying...unless someone comes up and says ..zulu or xhosa will become the official language for rappers...

plus yo peeps most of us grew up in a society in which a person with an accent is considered to be an educated mu fukka...hence accents have been laser burnt into our flipping skulls...for sure u is gon laugh when u hear an immigrant speaking english with an african accent...thats a fact...peeps have comment about peeps from zimbabwe to ghana..coz of accents...

yo check am just throwing thots here not in any flipping order, am not fully composed at this moment, but  i mma hit yo with an article about my take about this flipping topic, that keeps popping like that embara**ing pimple in high skool....

peace

tha cypha 97.4 unam radio
windhoek namibia

:-D Yo! Everything this dude has just said! :-]

Anonymous

you didn´t get my point.  
i is saying no to american accents, not no to english
bvk rap in english and afrikaans
poc mostly rap in english but they rap in their own accent, they DON´T MAKE UP AMERICAN TWANG.
i can´t believe you people would be down with putting on the accent.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
American Accent...? what if for example..you speak with an American Accent coz you are influenced by the Music you listen to...or you just hate the God Awful Anglo Saxon Accent?

If sales/popularity  = success...then i think we missing the point
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.