• View Profile

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
I nominate Proverb.

Hardly... If we're talking hardest grinding then no doubt!!!

But serously tho, Challenge to all you cats in the wings to take the Baton. The Game getting real stale real quick!
Reason was threatening for a long time to be that next cat but he seems to be taking too long, who gon rise to it who huh?
or are we old cats gon have to keep releasin albums to keep the game alive? :(
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
Since when do you like Proverb Pyro? Last time i checked you used to hate him because he wasnt reping thaba nchu  you said he sound like canibus and you used to borrow him your Canibus CD

Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Since when do you like Proverb Pyro? Last time i checked you used to hate him because he wasnt reping thaba nchu  you said he sound like canibus and you used to borrow him your Canibus CD

oh wow this again "Yawn" ::)
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

oh wow this again "Yawn" ::)
What he said.

Why is it so hard for me to be understood?

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Co-sign Proverb.

Yo'll ol' cats getting stale. I been telling BoyWonder that nevermind him being 1 of the dopest in performances,bt he gotta spit heat too.

I shit U nt saying CapCity gt ppl who cn spit,bt they go back into that cocoon and never shine.I believe every1 here has a perculiar style that'll hook U,bt if only the nation knw instead of jst us. If ppl think Zubz is sick on social issues,w8 till U hear AQ or MaliQ..If Maggz gt swag,w8 till U hear Ras or Lez...if either Pro's gt punches,w8 till U hear KillaM or N'veigh...by the way...ths is only CapCity!

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile

@Ramo, how does it feel hangin' there?

@Pyro that sig you have there is more disturbing than the previous one, eish!
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
My problem with these lists "top this and top that and best whatever" is that it's always the same names that come up
I think Hip Hop in SA needs a fresh new injection of Young cats to really rise to the challenge.

Taking nothing from the names mentioned I just think this generation has done it's thing and there doesn't seem to be young blood
ready to take it and run with it.

Or Ke bua Masepa?

yeah you right. the new generation of lyricists consists of Black Moss, Tru from MVT, blak lez, L Tido, Koli the Kid (he has his off days tho), K 9 the pedigree, Mab from Driemanskap, Abdus. But most wont get mentioned in lists coz they not yet as dope as Pro Kid, Ben Sharpa,Golden Shovel,  Maggz, Krooked, etc. feel me? Maybe in time, they'll be as good.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
thabs is hands down the best writer in SA hip hop. he writes the kind of shit language students in MA programs have wet dreams about. even Lesego Rampolokeng - who hates Hip Hop - called him the next shit.

then follows Sharpa.

@Manene Poetic Artist is Pura from Izithunywa Zohlanga. man, LifeForcez is one of the biggest and not to mention tragic almosts in SA Hip Hop history.

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I think in SA we sometimes focus too much on being a dope lyricist and in the process loose focus around making good timeless music. We all know cats can rap, they can say a couple of punchlines and metaphors to make you go hmmmm,but the music is very short lived and truly gets boring quite quickly.There's tons of MC's out there in streets, in cyphers that are mad ill with their word play and all, but get them to do a track. Straight doo-dooo.

Albums like Doggystyle are timeless cla**ics. Was Snoop Mad Lyrical ? No. Black Moon's Enta Da Stage, Pac's Me Against the World,Method Man's Tical,Smif-n-Wessun' Dah Shinin, DMX's first album, are all far from the lyrical genuis of a Chino XL, but are timeless pieces of music. I think it's more to do with Style than anything else. That's what made these albums shine through. They came with a different style more than anything. If we can find that in SA, we good to go.

I think by far one person who has found this balance with his art is Prokid. I can bump any of his CD's today (except DNA  ;D) and still get excited. He's got an advantage anyway cos he's a naturally talented lyricist, but his style more than anything speaks volumes. Snazz is one who had it as well. So did Mischief.

Cats like Damola, Ill Skillz, Driemanskapp and Black Moss are right up there too. Very unique. They bring a dose of fresh air into the game.

No offence, but ive heard a million Hymphatic Thabz'z before.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:43:20 PM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
"Stereotype" by GroundWorx is timeless. an anthem, actually.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:48:03 PM by the panic! »

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
My problem with these lists "top this and top that and best whatever" is that it's always the same names that come up
I think Hip Hop in SA needs a fresh new injection of Young cats to really rise to the challenge.

Taking nothing from the names mentioned I just think this generation has done it's thing and there doesn't seem to be young blood
ready to take it and run with it.

Or Ke bua Masepa?

i agree wud u der pro

the prob is that most of the yung generations is all up on the 1album wonders... they drop sum now and just seem to seem to vanish into oblivion. or venture into other spheres.
or rather they come up with whack albums that don't get much exposure like the prev album. i wonder is it the case of marketing?

even most on these lists are peeps who dun sum then and just dunno if and when they bounce back they will be as dope as that.
consistency is what is lackin from most cats.

the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

AMZ CANE

• The music freak
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
  • dope BOI in your face
    • View Profile
    • DOPENESS-DOPENESS
co-sign n'veigh
and nominate maliq of ba4za
the music freak aka stump em on their nuts,dd double d you know how it goes

Supafly

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
    • http://
I'm still stuck in the 90s, so I guess I'll co-sign Shaheen of POC.

Anyway, this is such a subjective exercise. What are the guidelines we are using to determine MC's lyrical strengths?

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Someone needs to lock Krook'd tha Warmonger in a studio at gun point, and not let him out, till he has a whole album together, that shit right there will cause teutonic plates to shift, his shit is waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue!