belly up antique nazi pariphinelia
cannot pay your bills with holy water and hail mary luck

shut up f***er enjoy the alcatraz shower fun
and mommys madam cliche generation X agnostic front
not the nifty faith since ninteen fify eight
before the new new testament approved altar boy kissed then raped

and take me to your leader as long as he dont manipulate toddler fever
call me crazy but i bet that wasnt gods demanor
sodomizing pink and (mee too)on long island was jesus and every weekend we'd approve traditional love bringing of a middle pennsylvenia shit hole where elders movements stressed stellar theraputic bible cycles
from church with the bait and tackle store next door and not much more, so the two moved to New York and raised babies based on what they saw

christmas morning smelled fresher then angel pussy but immaculate conception came second to playful goodies
like lazer tag was far more spiritual then blood and body wafer bags and manger stabs as long as santa ate the cookies

when i was a saint i ate paitn with snakes and bullies
They said if only you memorized your prayers like you do your Kool G's
by the time i was old enuf to know what religion was i was catholacism numb and truly didn't give a f***

94' moved out the crib and aint seen a steeple since
once Kanevil evil seeps and the christian leaders pitch
till priests' laps are slapped with parental advisory warnigns
ill be auditioning gods in my office on monday mornings

uh oh and yet another ill slips downt the hatch hittin the kill switch
i need a couple A's for Q's im not an a**hole just a little confused

voice over
this story reminds us of the one jesus told about people who were kind and helpful to others
he said that oneday the kind would say to these people would say come and inherit the kingdom prepared for you for when i was hungry you gave me food i was sick u visited me when i was in prision you visited me
and the people asked lord when did we see you sick or hungry or in prison
and he saqid in the least you ahve done unto you you have done unto me

Yeah
jsut a litle bruise in the back of the pews
actin amsued in the maskof the vatican blues
for in the eyes of the organization iw as raised in
ace is jsut another sinning brick in hells basement
cubical clolors ajacent tot eh killers and rapists for what?
drugs and f***in thats part of growin up
like cups for the dumn shits better then the school im nto an a**hole im jsut a little confused

just a lit fuse int he back of the pews waching a thousand flavors of the same god feud
i figure ultimate peace is the common theme so its a no brainer peace whent he blood hits the screen
i gota basic good and evil sensibility born
good neighbor known that a halo woulda been over horns
more science hen faith and more karma then bread and booze, im nto an a**hole im sjut a little confused
not and a**hole im jsut a little confused
not and a**hole im jsut a little confused
not and a**hole im jsut a little confsued
you know what to be completely honest aesop your a f***ing a**hole

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
till priests' laps are slapped with parental advisory warnigns
ill be auditioning gods in my office on monday mornings

heavy mental.

Uno.

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-3
  • We getz buzzay and totally berserk!!!
    • View Profile
If I may interject fam! Check out a video by Ill-Literate-Skill for a quick break commercial!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMP5K1w7Ts&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMP5K1w7Ts&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
'Off The Radar' is out there at a street near you.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
ill skillz vid reminds me of cool kids vid...

B.O.Ywonda about the O.G

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofhiphop.co.za
If I may interject fam! Check out a video by Ill-Literate-Skill for a quick break commercial!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMP5K1w7Ts&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMP5K1w7Ts&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yo Uno I spotted this on streetsheet.co.za a while back. That is a Freshh video ma ninja!!! It's got that mid 90s feel to it!!! Super nice... :)
Boy I wonder how many bars it takes to put a rapper under

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
The United States is the biggest music buying country in the World purchasing up to 35% of the Worlds music today, 75 % of Americas population is white, 12 % Black, 12 % Hispanic, 1 % other, for hip-hop artists to have reached the numbers in sales that they have achieved, simply couldn't be done, without white people buying their music, and they have been buying into hip-hop since the early to mid eighties, and not just since the jay-z's and ja rule's came around. Honestly white people have been a major buying power in black music since before hip-hop even.

It wasn't because they weren't buying Brand Nubian, or Tribe, that these artists couldn't hit gold, it was because they were busy buying other artists records, such as N.W.A., Ice Cube, Ice-T, Public Enemy, EPMD, Beastie Boys,... if you remember correctly what Native Tongue and Brand Nubian stood for, and were up against as far as competition.

Have you ever been to New York Mr. C? New York is a very diverse city, there are people from all walks of life, some neighborhoods are all black, some are hispanic (dominicans, puerto ricans,...), some are white, some jewish and some are a very colorful mix. I been going to hip-hop shows in New York since the mid nineties (1997), and the crowds there are very diverse as well, heads from all these different walks of life come out to support an artist. If I remember these Smif N' Wessun and Black Moon videos you speak of, there is a white cat that comes to mind, who was in most Black Moon videos as far as I remember, which was Dru Ha.

CM crew from NY is a good example of a crew in New York which was racially very diverse; blacks, hispanics, whites, and all of them get down! Then on the other hand you have a lot of crews who come from neighborhoods where there are no white people, such as East New York, Brownsville, Flatbush, LeFraq Queens and sorts. Biggie's neighborhood Do or Die Bed-Stuy is racially mixed for example, whites, blacks and hasidic jews.

New York is not a strong buying power in the music market either, it is simply the marketing capital, Radio City, the biggest music buying public in the U.S. is the Midwest, followed by the Southeast, and then the West Coast. In New York cats used to dub tapes, unless you were a DJ, the Ca**ette tape was the most popular format in NY (for Walkmen and such), this is where people like Raekwon were smart, understanding that he might not be able to sell his Cuban Linx album in the numbers he wanted, he made the ca**ette tape purple, which sold in NY! The first Cuban Linx album to this day in NY is not refered to as 'Only Built For Cuban Linx' but simply as 'The Purple Tape'. Raekwon even calls it this himself at his concerts.

If you check youtube for some footage from early rap concerts, I guarantee you will find white people in the crowd, why you think Def Jam first signing were white rappers? why you think Timex Social Club headlined their first Tour in '86? To get the spending power in America behind it!

I am not trying to defend a race here, I am simply trying to correct some statements that I simply find not to be true. And again Sage Francis has not had that big of an impact on hip-hop, I would say Atmosphere and Rhymesayers Entertainment come closest for what you talking about, but if you look at who handles their distribution (now with Warner Music Group), Navarre Corp. handles mostly Punk Rock labels, I know kids who love hip-hop and hardly know about Rhymesayers, and it's all gravy! I'm not a big fan either, but they simply offer an alternative, and I can appreciate that, but to say they filled a Gap is going a bit far don't you think?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:55:15 AM by watziznehmegin »

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
Man, I'm an Aesop fan... Yes a lot of the stuff he says flies over my head but the ish I get, Yo! A few qoutes

On Antisocial, "If I were to replace vagrants of America/ with taces of my character/ the world would be a much more pitiful habitat"

On attention span with Vast Aire, "The only bridges I ever burnt along this legacy at dance/Are the ones that link the cities of prosperity and chance"

Qoutes from Daylight: Life's not a bitch... finish up.
                              "the result's a low life on one hand counting what he's accomplished"
                              "...Pick apart a day and put the pieces back together my way" Imagine that!

On Nightlight, "Life is a biyatch/ who keeps the villagers circling the marketplace out searching for the g-spot"
On One in four... "My seemingly splinter-proof brain bone's scaffolding imploded"
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
been a minute since I was on AG, I agree with a lot of the posts, those that I have read. It's quite clear SA has a lot of very talented lyricists, which is dope in itself, and for me that is just the whole thing. You realise that cats like Tumi, Golden Shovel, X the 24th, Konfab, Snazz, Illiterate skills, Vernon Viscus, DriemanSkap etc are quite ill and it shows you the state  and standard of the product. on the other side you have cats like zubz, proverb, the old HHP, etc and even their standard was good as well. I a not even gouing to mention cats like Groundworks, Thabz, the old skwatta sound, sifiso sudan and ish. all you have is a lot of tight cats.

Regarding the other debate, well tht one will never end, but like DP and other cats have said, just sit down and listen it's not really that complex, for example listen to an aesop track like basic cables or something. I think the thing is that in the beggining it is always kinda hard to listen to an MC who does not sound like anyone you have heard before and your ears and senses have to kind of tune in properly and this may take a while.

my two bob on the matter
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
as far as lyrics Robo, Tumi, ProVerb and ProKid

in general though there are dozens of dope rappers locally, lets kill the (self-)hate.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG
Aesop Rock

so is this what we call ART ?

Who put the monkey wrench in well oiled prefectionist emblem
Just to watch these moniters spit white noise
through your office space auto made
I infect knowledge gene pool dissented cloud clusters
Brushing dust mites off your starborn all revolution sound jugglers
Delinquent fan for brick habitat bob, weave, stick, move fence
and put somewhere in the middle for slick invention
This years brain crop spread spectacular
I ain't mad at cha don't stay mad at the caliber
I twist characters like twist characters
Talley up the alley cat aggresion
in this Doug E. Fresh infested mess up ba**line lust
An automatic B-boy krylon can't combust circuits
Working these war picked cyphers
with head striker stability and kamakazi chivalry
I alone noble in a warm food feud
Walking ten generations ain't nobody asking for your patience
Who ranned off but only meet to face the fact
that I knew myself and didn't have to ask nobody else
(Talk about labor) Fantastic planet urchin puting work in
Searching for pertinent verse minus the murderous diversions
Apologies won't lore me to the communal sob story
nor would I sacrifice lifestyle to benefit jewerly temperament
This whole Green Goblin webcutter butts up against
crayola daydream landscapes spittin bedlam, Datum
Charge the villagers nickles and nicotine
to watch them fed to undiscreniled crack at the high noon
(We sell popcorn, beer and balloons!)
I got an echelon this gon be the one children bicker over
And start warriors vs. baseball fury element
to glitches mode of century development
I am a star really! The big bang bastard's back
with a one way ticket to Beat Street
This soil is like relevent to human concept
plot the man ratios man learning, I work past the service
I work on what I love, I work the service on my vertince
And I work till this here little flat line closes the curtains

is this from the labor days album?
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....