Blaklez VS A.K.A

Trinidad-Hux · 258 · 105223

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

by the way whats a south african english accent? ??? ??? ???

Mine  ;D

LOL @ Rob, ninja u dont sound south african, i guess thats the point i was making, i dont know wtf a south african english accent is  :-\ :-\ :-\
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Mine  ;D

LOL @ Rob, ninja u dont sound south african, i guess thats the point i was making, i dont know wtf a south african english accent is  :-\ :-\ :-\

You don't know the half. In the last two days alone I've been called American, Canadian and Dutch. It's f***ing weird.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
@ D

Sharpa has an accent as well. Or is that justifiable cos he spent time in the states ?

Ben didn't 'spend time' in the states, he grew up there. he only came back to SA in 1993

there isn't an 'official' SA english accent, but a fully-fledged American accent isn't exactly indigenous even if we do get a lot of US tv over here.

if you grew up in the States, it's all good, but you can't tell me the whole of PTA and JHB all grew up in the States? Does having an uncle who spent 2 months in the States qualify you to have the accent?

obviously people should feel free to speak in any accent they like, don't mind me.

Holla back playa,,, ya boy iz in da building!  ;D

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
you know i'm only f***ing with y'all right?,,, some of my best friends have funny american accents

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
^^^ True

This accent thing is getting old real quick. Let him go D, let him go.  ;D

Sorry man,,, i can't help it. It's a problem I have. I'm seeking counseling though. One day I'll probably like rappers putting on funny accents to sound cool.

be careful D, if u do a bit of background check u may be surprised at how some of them dont neccesarily fake it, but in their family tree, grew up that side for a while etc. ;)

its sad when ppl will get judged on what accent they spit in when we all know that for the looooooooooongest time possible we mainly had an american body of music to listen to when we started listening to hiphop and obviously that has a heavy bearing on how some o the cats ended up raping. im so over the accent thing. cos if we really had to go at it, english is not even my mother tongue, depending on who taught me and how, i may end up wt a funny accent and if in music thats what and how people are comfortable expressing themselves then why not.

Totally agree. Honestly i dont even understand why any individual who follows hip-hop should be so negetively judgmental about the accents. yes there are a lot of us that sound ridiculous trying to force the accent but still you cant pa** much negetive judgement about it because chances are your whole dress code looks american which makes you look fake and ridiculous to the everage south african. even without the accent, just the slang makes you sound fake to the South African's who not into the hip-hop culture.

you know i'm only f***ing with y'all right

nigga please

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
How about N'veigh vs Ben Sharpa for the next battle..... ;D

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
you know i'm only f***ing with y'all right?,,, some of my best friends have funny american accents

eish  :-\ just when i ws about to reply to ur previous post, bhhhhaaaaaaaaaa. its all gud tho, i wish i knew how Pyro Sounded like cos yah Rob i dont know what ur accent sounds like but i doubt if people would hear u on 2020radio and think thats an SA cat, just ma observation and im probably wrong.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
So, then the other night my girlfriend asks me if I have ever heard of a guy called T-bo Touch.

I say yes, the name does ring a slight bell. She then proceeds to tell me how she met him after just coming to SA. Her and her girls were out partying in Bloem and met one of their other guy-friends who was rolling with said Touch.

They accompanied the friend and touch to the Hotel where touch was staying and continued the party with booze and music flowing freely.

Then apparently Touch tried to get some from my girl. She denied him and said something along the lines of he looks like a cretin (she is a very honest one that one). He tried to get with her friend too and then his boy tried the other friend and was also rejected.

Apparently this led to them telling them to leave and refusing to take them back to hostel. The girls were all new in town and didn't know how to get back to campus, nor did they even know where they were.

Eventually they ended up having to call someone to come pick them up and take them home.

Just a funny anecdote I just though of.

holla at ya Boooyy!

Buff, I sound South African. Mine is a true South African accent. Not a retarded afrikaans one, just South African.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:17:34 PM by Me »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
So, then the other night my girlfriend asks me if I have ever heard of a guy called T-bo Touch.

I say yes, the name does ring a slight bell. She then proceeds to tell me how she met him after just coming to SA. Her and her girls were out partying in Bloem and met one of their other guy-friends who was rolling with said Touch.

They accompanied the friend and touch to the Hotel where touch was staying and continued the party with booze and music flowing freely.

Then apparently Touch tried to get some from my girl. She denied him and said something along the lines of he looks like a cretin (she is a very honest one that one). He tried to get with her friend too and then his boy tried the other friend and was also rejected.

Apparently this led to them telling them to leave and refusing to take them back to hostel. The girls were all new in town and didn't know how to get back to campus, nor did they even know where they were.

Eventually they ended up having to call someone to come pick them up and take them home.

Just a funny anecdote I just though of.

holla at ya Boooyy!

Buff, I sound South African. Mine is a true South African accent. Not a retarded afrikaans one, just South African.

lol

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
yeah D.. this accent thing is touchy.. coz for instance.. i'd like to learn all sorts of different english accents and possibly use any or all of them! why? coz its fun, its like learning a new language but easier!

i went to a primary school where if u spoke xhosa on the school PREMISES and was overheard by a 'snotty' fellow student, SHE would run straight to the administration block and tell on ur a**! benefit of the doubt wud go to her who told on him/her. ur a** get the shit kicked out of it and u wouldn't dare tell ur parents coz they mite follow it up with a couple like, "sikuthumele uba uyofunda isilungu pha!!!" like they aint speaking xhosa while f***ing u up!

out of all those teachers in my primary school, only the music teacher, and the xhosa teacher where xhosa! High school was much th same except there was NO xhosa teacher in the whole high school. even the XHOSA LANGUAGE teacher!! she was afrikaans. the english accent i was 'born with'(i know more english than xhosa <sad!!!>) sounds more european than 'south african'.. in south africa its called model C english..

i have said before, tell me wat a south african accent is, and i'll tell u u're lying!
however, if u find that my Xhosa accent is off and i don't have a good command of  MY HOME LANGUAGE then u can call me out on that! not on YOUR language! who cares how i speak English? i aint english!

last question... can u D-Planet, speak xhosa(cape town) or any other indigenous language?  
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:29:07 PM by Koli »
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

Funny Story Pyro, knwing industry cats anything is possible, fck i also wouldn wanna drop off girls who come to ma place and drink ma boose and not wanna put up, but thats for another day.

LOL, what is sounding SA? so sounding like a Boere speaking English woudl not qualify as SA accent? Sounding like the Xhosa that i am Speaking Engligh would still not qualify that as SA English? tricky one, i dont wanna make more examples just in case i offend some ppl while im tryyna make a point

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

eish  :-\ just when i ws about to reply to ur previous post, bhhhhaaaaaaaaaa. its all gud tho, i wish i knew how Pyro Sounded like cos yah Rob i dont know what ur accent sounds like but i doubt if people would hear u on 2020radio and think thats an SA cat, just ma observation and im probably wrong.

True. f*** all I can do about it though: it izzz what it izzzz.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
It mad not be that relevant, but sum1 said sumthn about Lez' flow, eish the track too long, so i just posted Blaklez's verse. again take note of the lazy flow.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
It mad not be that relevant, but sum1 said sumthn about Lez' flow, eish the track too long, so i just posted Blaklez's verse. again take note of the lazy flow.

whoa! whole track please my brother!