Blaklez VS A.K.A

Trinidad-Hux · 258 · 105008

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
You talk too much for someone who is yet to make a hot beat. Be more agressive on the boards, not on the keyboard. I understand how you feel man, it must be frustrating that nobody wants to spit on your beats but don't be so salty. Get to work!

oh please... ethered by who, black lezbian... that dude can't even ether a.k.a...

the point i tried making was that no rapper can say they making money off this yet... we all still do other shit to get by... the day we can rap without working is the day you call this a 'career'

as for 'hot beats' i do make them... just don't waste them on rappers like you thinking you the shit with a fake accent, sounding like an extra playing an american in a leon schuster movie...

There you go again being all agressive (this is great but remember, on the boards!!) . Relax buddy... Just never heard a single hot beat from you. Honestly champ, a big mouth alone is not good enough. Get to work!

i'm not even trying to be aggressive...

tell you what, you release your first single when you do (with a beat produced by whoever) and i'll release mine when i do (with a beat produced by me) and i bet mine will sell and get more attention than yours...

i think Che is getting carried away here, Lez doesnt produce and he has mean people backing him on the boards and he'snice on the mic, so ur request is too general and pleae do fall back buddy, otherwise u'll get murked real quick. you must check the producer credits on Lez's project, its probably people u dream o remotely soundign like on the boards, so hold back.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
In model C schools, were the teachers all American? (again, no hate, just asking because I don't know).

not at all! not even one! read the text bruh.. i'll say it again.. What business of yours, or anyone else, the accent in which any NON-ENGLISHMAN speaks English? y shud i bother myself tryina figure out a 'South African English accent'??? is it not good enough for YOU that i got my XHOSA on lock? accent, the works!!!

back to my question, I can speak YOUR language better than most people who come from English speaking homes.. How well do YOU know MINE?

p.s Its bad enuf that i was forced to be raised in an Africa where its near impossible to be someone if u can't read and/or write English, now i gotta explain why i speak it in a different accent.. by an englishman(no diss)!!! come on Damien... let it go! for real tho

No doubt. I co-sign this to the max. Koli should replace Dplanet as a moderator.

I don't see what my ability to speak isiXhosa has got to do with this debate. This isn't about a white foreigner telling South Africans how they should speak English - this is not what I'm doing. I am trying to understand why so many of our rappers adopt American accents and the impact this has on SA hip hop.

Generally-speaking, non-American rappers around the world adopt American accents because that is their reference to how Hip Hop 'should' sound. Sadly, this implies that speaking English with a non-America accent isn't cool - this is manifested in every form of copycat media we have in SA (from Tbo Touch to the Channel O voiceover saying, "proudly South African", with a strong American accent). We went through the same thing in the UK. It took more than 10 years for English people to accept English rappers rapping with an English accent (we had funny American accents in the UK too!). There are some insanely talented UK emcees, but I bet most of you don't like them because you can't get past the accent sounding 'funny' to you - I've heard that opinion expressed on AG many times. American even went through this phenomenon where cats would laugh at 'dumb country accents' from the South. They're not laughing now.

We're all conditioned to believe Hip Hop should sound a certain way - it's hard to break this conditioning and SA hip hop is still struggling to find its identity. Many of the Spaza cats I work with have spent years being looked down upon for rhyming in their mother tongues by English-speaking emcees. Explicit even came on AG to diss Rattex for 'sounding horrible' in English. Let's not even start on Afrikaans emcees, who a lot of English-speaking emcees still won't even give the time of day to.

What business do I have making comments about accents? Well,,, one of my businesses is a record label. There's no hiding from the fact that the 'American Accent' debate is an important one in South African hip hop, and for the South African public who we want to buy our music. I have to think about the direction the label is taking and make decisions about who to sign and what to release. I have to engage with this debate on a daily basis. The countless emails I get every day from people thanking me for pushing Spaza and Afrikaans hip hop because it makes them proud of where they come from makes me believe in what we're doing. Our growing fan base, ever-increasing sales, licensing and sponsorship opportunities also makes me believe.

However, if you believe my opinions aren't valid because I don't speak isiXhosa, just ignore them.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
...lol!

*Dead*
*flatline*
 boom...

toot

toot

toot...

*died laughing*

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
and my previous statement goes for every single rapper in south africa

I have to disagree Che. Pro Kid and HHP definitely make a living off hip hop. Ben Sharpa has no other income than from hip hop. He's off to Europe in October for the 3rd time this year for a 17-show tour. I'm not saying that this is going to make him rich, but he gets by. Same with Rattex and Driemanskap - their main money is show money (and some voice work).

The industry is still young here - many artists are still on their way up. It's definitely not a get-rich-quick industry but I don't believe there's a need for so much negativity about the state of SA hip hop.

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Yo D i gotta talk to you about them european tours
9 tha Pedigree

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Lol, I admire your attitude D. I knew you'd mention Sharpa somewhere in there. I was waiting for that. Jokes aside though, just let people be. We can't all be like your artists. I think anyone who looks down on Driemanskap is silly coz those dudes are talented. Nothing wrong with Jaak either. Some people are gifted at spitting in their own language and others aren't. Let's just all build on our strengths. It's just that you're incredibly biased at times (all the time actually). You're doing great work with Pioneer Unit, yes, but come on dog, let niggaz be. Accents this, accents that... So what? If you don't like a certain artist then you reserve the right to snub their music. It's that simple. Just like you don't prefer my raps and I don't prefer your beats. It's no biggie. Life goes on.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
wtf...haaibo...eh, Che, do u rap too...? If u do, how about u record on that Ja rules' instrumental and hav a go at AKA, so that we can hear how u wud hav done it... 8)

i'll rather have a go at lez... i'll up a 16 by the end of the week... ag be on the lookout ;)

as for producers on his album, i don't dream of sounding like any of them... that would just be stupid of me... ::)

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
wtf...haaibo...eh, Che, do u rap too...? If u do, how about u record on that Ja rules' instrumental and hav a go at AKA, so that we can hear how u wud hav done it... 8)

i'll rather have a go at lez... i'll up a 16 by the end of the week... ag be on the lookout ;)

ha haaaa....! even better...lookin forward to it... ;)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile

as for producers on his album, i don't dream of sounding like any of them... that would just be stupid of me... ::)

get the f*** out man... Lez.. u got a lil cousin to off this nigga quick? where's the respect in this mutha fukka? i'm gettin upset man...
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
^^^ Dont get upset man, why u gotta catch feelings, lol, this is just friendly competition, let Che show off his skill and if he wants to hav a go at Lez, let it be....there's none wrong with that, let the music do the talking....and any1 else who wants to follow suit is welcomed to... 8)

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
get the f*** out man... Lez.. u got a lil cousin to off this nigga quick? where's the respect in this mutha fukka? i'm gettin upset man...

why so serious crack whore?

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
^^^ Dont get upset man, why u gotta catch feelings, lol, this is just friendly competition, let Che show off his skill and if he wants to hav a go at Lez, let it be....there's none wrong with that, let the music do the talking....and any1 else who wants to follow suit is welcomed to... 8)

actuali i find pretty funny... its nothin at all.. do ur thing che! lookin forward to this...

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

why so serious crack whore?

u kno it baby!  ;)
 :D :D :D :D :D
 all white! hhahaha
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:34:00 PM by Koli »

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
i VOWED to keep comments to myself but WHOA! Che, what a way to start a "carrier". For your sake homez i hope whatever you intend to upload is nothing but flames!! Can't wait to hear it.
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Its a shame all this egotistical comments and self praising remarks aint helping south african hip hops current situation. Ive seen so many ppl flap there gums on the corners but when provided the chance fall flat on their mouths. I respect both AKA and Blaklez coz to me there sound is at a level thats ready for export, and even though some may disagree we need such artists in order for our country to be recognised on an international scale.