Trinidad-Hux · 258 · 104900

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Thanks Soul.

Ironically Blacklez's hook is catchier than AKA's. Not much to separate the two in terms of quotables or blows landed from punchlines. Both are on point with their flows too.

AKA went for, 'you're older than me, but not as successful' theme. Blaklez went for, 'you're a soft little punk with no talent'.

Verdict: Neither rapper's career was damaged by this encounter. I'm going to have to go for a draw.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
ahhh fellaz, judging from the comments about AKA from previous days I expected some wack corny or everage rapper but from what I heard on this track this cat is way above average. He killed that joint, goddamn! you'd think the beat was make for him.

Lez is one of my favourite rappers but I havent listened to his track yet. if he really can top what i've just heard, f*** it he is on another level.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
ahhh fellaz, judging from the comments about AKA from previous days I expected some wack corny or everage rapper but from what I heard on this track this cat is way above average. He killed that joint, goddamn! you'd think the beat was make for him.

Lez is one of my favourite rappers but I havent listened to his track yet. if he really can top what i've just heard, f*** it he is on another level.

true.

yo can someone up that Lez track on a file-sharing site? i can't download from here.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:23:02 AM by the panic! »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
then it was aka's turn I don't know y he decided to do it live, he choked like he had water in his wind pipe, but on the real tho Aka was nice i think if he had recorded the track there would be a bit more competition,but as usual his arrogance got the best of him

oh thats why. hence the "choke free" reference? hahaha. now i understand why he lost on radio.

but comparing the two recorded tracks, AKA did better.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:11:28 AM by Chris John Snyman »

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

but comparing the two recorded tracks, AKA did better.

it really was close. damn, aka rode the beat like a jockey.
il go with lez. 8) based on bias, and i also feel he came harder. even though it honestly felt only slightly
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
I had zero interest in this, but having heard the tracks, I'm kind of impressed.

AKA: channels the flow of Jadakiss and the lyrics of Jay-Z - it could have fallen apart so easily, but his verses are stupidly hot. Some seriously good writing here, and that AG line killed me.

Blaklez: Agree with D - AKA had a better track in terms of hook. Lez's verses are fresh, but thanks to a slightly pedestrian flow and weaker mixing, he gets just edged by AKA. Just. It was hella close.

BUT given the apparent choking of AKA on-air, let's call this one a draw. Now how about they do a track together? I'm waiting for Lez vs LES.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Didn't give AKA much of a chance against Lez but i was pleasantly surprised. Lez killed it on the punches and the jabs, but AKA's flow and lyrics were off the chain too. I give this a draw as well.

Thoroughly impressed by both.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:54:49 AM by MrC The Rap God Almighty »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
can someone up the Lez track on a file-sharing site?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
can someone up the Lez track on a file-sharing site?

im on it. neotel's upload speed is slower than a mofo. one minute left though.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
AKA - See me coming

LINK REMOVED/audio/63608287707982c2/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:45:12 AM by Chris John Snyman »

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
thanks, man.

cosign rob and RR.

Lez has nice lyrics, but his flow is aaait, and he doesn't show enough charisma. he also has a wack chorus.

props, though. nice tracks.

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Yeah his joint is mad nice. I'm glad he managed to bounce back after Sunday coz I reckon he's nice (one of the reasons I didn't mind a bout with him). He was demoralised after Sunday's show and I felt real bad coz the aim was for both of us to get our shine on. None of us were really prepared to go personal coz it would've just turned ugly (for no reason). Ps, shout out to Simone, TTP and Lee for helping the dude with his research on me. Anyway, we'll be releasing a track together in two weeks. It's bound to be hot. Yo MrTwoTeams, I'm still itching to do a joint with you man.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
DOPE TRACKS  8)

We need more of these...because some rappers need to watch from the stands.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:52:34 PM by Liquidz »
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile
[ I'm glad he managed to bounce back after Sunday coz I reckon he's nice (one of the reasons I didn't mind a bout with him). He was demoralised after Sunday's show and I felt real bad coz the aim was for both of us to get our shine on. None of us were really prepared to go personal coz it would've just turned ugly (for no reason). Ps, shout out to Simone, TTP and Lee for helping the dude with his research on me. Anyway, we'll be releasing a track together in two weeks. It's bound to be hot. Yo MrTwoTeams, I'm still itching to do a joint with you man.
[/quote]

who would mind a bout with?
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper