Trinidad-Hux · 258 · 104899

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i'm here! :)

I speak English pretty well but that's about as far as it goes. I can speak some French. I understand some Afrikaans. I understand less Xhosa - just some phrases really, but I'd be lost in a conversation. I would like to learn it, but I just can't seem to find the time (lame excuse, but there it is).

I'm not dissing anyone about their funny American accents, I'm just trying to understand the phenomenon. People must speak however they want to - I'm not trying to tell people what they should do. I'm just saying it sounds funny to me.

It's all love though,,, like i said, some of my best friends have funny American accents ;D

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
i'm here! :)

I speak English pretty well but that's about as far as it goes. I can speak some French. I understand some Afrikaans. I understand less Xhosa - just some phrases really, but I'd be lost in a conversation. I would like to learn it, but I just can't seem to find the time (lame excuse, but there it is).

I'm not dissing anyone about their funny American accents, I'm just trying to understand the phenomenon. People must speak however they want to - I'm not trying to tell people what they should do. I'm just saying it sounds funny to me.

It's all love though,,, like i said, some of my best friends have funny American accents ;D

i think lets rest this topic, its tired and going nowhere. concensus, speak English in whicheva way u feel comfortable with, cos in actual honesty, its not our mother tongue and only other BLACKS have the right to question how im sounding when speaking a language thats not ours, because our backgrounds are the same, as for anyone else, they must get their vernac game up and then we can start talking about how their intonations r fcked up when speaking Xhosa or any other south african black language
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:58:58 AM by Buff Pound »
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
In model C schools, were the teachers all American? (again, no hate, just asking because I don't know).

not at all! not even one! read the text bruh.. i'll say it again.. What business of yours, or anyone else, the accent in which any NON-ENGLISHMAN speaks English? y shud i bother myself tryina figure out a 'South African English accent'??? is it not good enough for YOU that i got my XHOSA on lock? accent, the works!!!

back to my question, I can speak YOUR language better than most people who come from English speaking homes.. How well do YOU know MINE?

p.s Its bad enuf that i was forced to be raised in an Africa where its near impossible to be someone if u can't read and/or write English, now i gotta explain why i speak it in a different accent.. by an englishman(no diss)!!! come on Damien... let it go! for real tho

No doubt. I co-sign this to the max. Koli should replace Dplanet as a moderator.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I liked Shaheen style a lot back in the day, he doesn't sound american to me, but his rhymes, delivery, flow were on point, I personally love a lot of SA hip-hop, and don't really stress what accent it's in, as long as it sounds good.

I wouldn't stress how you freak your speech so much, it really just gotta sound good in the end, so if someone doesn't have a good handle of the language, and would be better off rhyming in their native tongue, then run it, if you freak it what ever language you do, the bottom line is, it has to sound good.

Again I'm not sure how you guys relate to the music, surely different than me from the outside looking in, as far as street credibility and authenticity goes, I'm not from there, but we've had very similar dilemmas in most non english speaking countries in europe, where a lot of artists have opted to rhyme in their native tongue, and ditched the english to gain more respect as far as credibility goes. Dutch MC's who I personally think are nice in English, like Brainpower, Cee Major, Rescue, Shockwave, catch flack for not rhyming in Dutch, I don't really trip, I think they are nice, a lot of those accusations stem from the peoples own insecurities, and what their idea of their fellow landsmen should sound like.

Again, we don't really have countries that speak 12 different languages, so that adds a whole new dynamic, my thing is as long as it sounds good, I wouldn;t really trip.

That doesn't mean it's gotta sound American either, most Dutch MC's who rhyme in Dutch, you can clearly tell where they are from. I liked Shaheen for instance a lot in the 90's, and he didn't sound American, but his rhymes were tight, his delivery was on point, and seeing P.O.C. live was one of my most memorable hip-hop moments to me.

Just My Two Cents....

peace
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:52:57 PM by watziznehmegin »

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
i mean he ddnt kill AKA's career, so what makes him think he'll murder JR's?

NONE of these silly a** wannabericans have careers yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
and my previous statement goes for every single rapper in south africa

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

You talk too much for someone who is yet to make a hot beat. Be more agressive on the boards, not on the keyboard. I understand how you feel man, it must be frustrating that nobody wants to spit on your beats but don't be so salty. Get to work!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile

You talk too much for someone who is yet to make a hot beat. Be more agressive on the boards, not on the keyboard. I understand how you feel man, it must be frustrating that nobody wants to spit on your beats but don't be so salty. Get to work!

ETHER!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

oh please... ethered by who, black lezbian... that dude can't even ether a.k.a...

the point i tried making was that no rapper can say they making money off this yet... we all still do other shit to get by... the day we can rap without working is the day you call this a 'career'

as for 'hot beats' i do make them... just don't waste them on rappers like you thinking you the shit with a fake accent, sounding like an extra playing an american in a leon schuster movie...

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:53:38 PM by Che Monu »

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

oh please... ethered by who, black lezbian... that dude can't even ether a.k.a...

the point i tried making was that no rapper can say they making money off this yet... we all still do other shit to get by... the day we can rap without working is the day you call this a 'career'

as for 'hot beats' i do make them... just don't waste them on rappers like you thinking you the shit with a fake accent, sounding like an extra playing an american in a leon schuster movie...

There you go again being all agressive (this is great but remember, on the boards!!) . Relax buddy... Just never heard a single hot beat from you. Honestly champ, a big mouth alone is not good enough. Get to work!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

There you go again being all agressive (this is great but remember, on the boards!!) . Relax buddy... Just never heard a single hot beat from you. Honestly champ, a big mouth alone is not good enough. Get to work!

i'm not even trying to be aggressive...

tell you what, you release your first single when you do (with a beat produced by whoever) and i'll release mine when i do (with a beat produced by me) and i bet mine will sell and get more attention than yours...

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

i'm not even trying to be aggressive...

tell you what, you release your first single when you do (with a beat produced by whoever) and i'll release mine when i do (with a beat produced by me) and i bet mine will sell and get more attention than yours...

Nice try. Will give this one a skip dog. Take it easy.

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
Who wud hv thot,a beatmaker and mc battle? Wow...

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
wtf...haaibo...eh, Che, do u rap too...? If u do, how about u record on that Ja rules' instrumental and hav a go at AKA, so that we can hear how u wud hav done it... 8)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
wtf...haaibo...eh, Che, do u rap too...? If u do, how about u record on that Ja rules' instrumental and hav a go at AKA, so that we can hear how u wud hav done it... 8)

who is che monu? anywhere i can here ur stuff dawg? maybe u nice and i don't kno bout u.. u're awfully slanderous for reasons i don't kno... but u too general to be taken seriously in ur effort to spark sumthin.. come on man.. But let me entertain u for a second.. u say, he couldn't EVEN ether A.K.A... could u? A.K.A produce and spit.. i think u alluded to a similar resume.. get my drift? drop sumthin we cud rate u on   
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"