Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Jay Z’s “D.O.A.” fail

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile

Hot on the hip hop circuit is Jay Z’s,  Prelude to Blueprint 3. On this appetiser is a track called D.O.A (Death of Autotune) where Jay Z calls for the death of the excessively used audio software program Auto-Tune.
However it seems that no one has heeded the hip hop veteran’s call.

Antares Audio Technologies, the company that created Auto-Tune, revealed to the New York Times that sales of Auto-Tune have in fact increased since the release of Jay Z’s “D.O.A.”.

Originally created to correct a singer’s pitch, Auto-Tune was made popular by singers like Cher (Love after love), Sonique( Feels so good), and locally Brenda Fa**ie (Yizo Yizo). The program attracted the attention of hip hop and R&B producers and has become a regular feature in the arsenal of artists such as Lil Wayne, Kanye, and T-Pain.
Although Jigga has urged artists to halt the fad, it seems that the artists who have benefited from Auto-tune are more than reluctant to put it away just yet.

<embed src="http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/xplayer/yo033.swf?nowmode" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350" swliveconnect="true" allowfullscreen="true"  flashvars="e=4bffc0037b3a3a49328d685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f0947d4e15d253124c7d296b9a2a5d695fdd446d15f64f11765e4802775ea9e37f1c8df1402967dbf383ccf85d3b0fcebe03d&width=450&height=350&pid=hh005&autostart=false&allowscriptaccess=always&usefullscreen=true&esnapshot=4bffc0037b3a3a493b90685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f094ccde2702233248cc9a0a8aebcc79fe69f41915b25e61c7cbbca6029b1db28f4c0db03059727e06f&trueurl=undefined"></embed>
Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Personally...I think Jay-Z needs to shut the f*** up.
Kanye releases a whole album relying on autotune and its acceptable?

and then T-pain jumps on stage to support Jigga when he performs D.O.A , prompting Jigga to Big-up T-pain and say that T-pain is one of the people using Autotune "creatively" (Nigga please)

So who the hell is he referring to ...
and is it ok for Jigga to criticize everybody except those who are making him a buck or those who are down with him?

I like the NO I.D. beat though ..some sick guitar shit

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i think jigga just resorting to shock tactics for the sake of generating enuf interest for blueprint 3! wats the biggest fad in music right now??? AUTO-TUNE! it's said he already had sum auto-tune recordings but decided to can them..
wen i put 1 and 1 togetha, i think he realised that condemning the use of auto-tune wud actuali create sum debate like wen Nas said 'hiphop is dead'. he got exactly wat he was hoping for by the looks of things.. its business!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
i think jigga just resorting to shock tactics for the sake of generating enuf interest for blueprint 3! wats the biggest fad in music right now??? AUTO-TUNE! it's said he already had sum auto-tune recordings but decided to can them..
wen i put 1 and 1 togetha, i think he realised that condemning the use of auto-tune wud actuali create sum debate like wen Nas said 'hiphop is dead'. he got exactly wat he was hoping for by the looks of things.. its business!

Damn right!!!! It's a clever marketing ploy and it is working for him. Whether auto-tunes sales go up or not, it doesn't matter to Jay, looking at the attention he is getting. It's not a fail for him.

He knew there would be a backlash of digruntled artists against him. Those that take offence, the song is probably about them ;D ;D ;D

BTW, the song and concept was Kanye's idea. "Ye told me to kill y'all..."

They're probably sitting somewhere sipping Krug with T-Pain laughing bout it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:30:53 AM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Nostradamus Pages

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-3
    • View Profile
yo herez wats up, rap music sometime   is about testing the waters, testing wat works, pissin off some people.wat J did is not new and ull know."i got pride i dont battle nowmo" statemnts lyk that are just ment to get people talkin, nothing else.aka said he was the hotst shit around n got nigs upset and talkin about it,but we all know wer that ende up.....lol. YOUR GAL daphney

J wa hlanya!
a man that studieth revenge makes his own wound green

the battle is not yours