Africasgateway.com

Is this the revolution or a scam?

Bridge · 3 · 1561

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
The Venus Project, which constitutes the
life long work of social engineer and structural designer Jacque Fresco, is an organization that wants
nothing less than a peaceful and sustainable global civilization. It seeks to update society to present
day knowledge and modern methods. Its tenets are essentially based on the application of Science
and Technology for human and social concern. The social structure it advocates is called a Resource-
Based Economy.
A Resource-Based Economy utilizes existing resources rather than commerce. All goods and services
are available without the use of currency, credit, barter or any form of debt or servitude.
The aim of this new social design is to free humanity from the repetitive, mundane and arbitrary
occupational roles which hold no true relevance for social development, while encouraging a new
incentive system that is focused on self-fulfillment, education, social awareness and creativity, as
opposed to the shallow and self-centered goals of wealth, property and power which are dominant
today. The Venus Project recognizes that the earth is abundant with resources , and that our outdated
methods of rationing resources through monetary control are no longer relevant. In fact, they are
very counterproductive to our survival. The monetary system was created thousands of years ago
during periods of great scarcity. Its initial purpose was contrived as a method of distributing goods
and services based on labor contributions. It is not at all related to our true capacity to produce goods
and services on this planet.
We want to utilize Scientific Methods for arriving at more appropriate decisions.
In the end, the only real issues for society in the natural world are (1) the production of goods and
services that are equally available to all, (2) research projects and educational systems to expand our
knowledge, understandings and applications, and (3) the constant monitoring of the earth’s resources
To check further go to www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitsgeistmovement.com
What do you Agians think about this?

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
It's difficult to understand how they are planning to redistribute the resources which they aim to make the backbone of the economical system. I do not fully understand the entire concept yet, so I will reserve comment until I've enlightened myself a bit more.
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
A systems approach thus means that the ‘elements’ of the city, such as houses, power generators and production facilities, be intricately interconnected to the ‘processes’ of the cities, being waste disposal, irrigation, power distribution, goods and services production, etc.
Household items are obtained through central distribution in the cities, while recreational items are available on call or near the location of their use. For example, if you go to a golf course you would select, on site, your clubs from the most effectively designed models available. You use them, and then you return them. If you decide to keep the clubs, go ahead - that is your burden … for why would a person want to transport, maintain and store golf clubs, when they can always have access to them and then return them onsite? Our homes today are full of junk that we hold onto because of the supposed value they maintain
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:33:53 AM by Bridge »