THE YARD!

oints · 21 · 10668

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
peace!

much has been gong down in the city of GRAHAMSTOWN in the months leading up to this point, mad work(s) have been churned out by producers, b-boys, djs, emcees & graf artists alike....poised to be the BIGGEST HIPHOP show of the year, THE YARD is a conglomeration of talent from across the board, not only from Grahamstown but in neighbouring PE, QUEENSTOWN & EASTLONDON to name a few, truely a magnificent combination of EASTERN CAPE artistory...

okay, that was just me...now for the formal word from the organiser(s), peace to ma nigg COOL G by the way for spearheading this MONSTER of a project:

"TheYard in collaboration with Elements Alive, Impitus Equipment Hire, Bue Peory Society and Sonic Art Studios is hosting a bowel shattering exhibition of lyrical manipulation merged with the non-existent creativity limitations of extraordinary instrumentals. This may make your head spin till your body pops, locks and brakes. This event will be taking place at The Old Gaol in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, South Africa on the 21 August 2009 from 20:00 till late.

Thought provoking poetry, heart throbbing slam poetry, hard hitting underground and mainstream Hip Hop will be thrown at you in more than just one of Southern Africa's languages. Enough Hip Hop will make your Hip Pop.

Word to all Poets, Slam Poets, Beat Boxers, B-Boyz, Free Style Expedition Mcee's and Battle Cat's. It's ON!!!

This event is playing host to performers from different cities (Port Elisabeth, East London and Grahamstown). No performer or group at this event will be regarded the head liner yet stay well informed that this is not a free for all. Your favorite performer will get there time on stage if they RSVP performance confirmation. The Yard is establishing communication with
:

X-Nasty, Cool G, Joza Raw,
Elements Himself, Refute Skills, Gwadzi,
Def Boyz, Bionic B-Boyz, Supremacy,

100% Black, Elements Alive, San The Instrumonumentalist,
Three Man Act, Mistories in the flesh, Ruff Puffers,

The Bua Poetry Society, Pronounsir, The Art Effects, Kashan D-Boy
Hakeem, Hisham, Aqua Man, Live Music Soc,
Junior, Siyanda, MCee Noize, Meta4,
Tsepiso, Psychotic, Numb City, Dj Khama"

FOR FURTHER INFO, u can join the facebook group THE YARD here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=100780128734&ref=mf

you do not want to miss this, if you are anywhere in, near or around GRAHAMSTOWN ON THE 21st....stop by the GAOL, its FREE & its going to be BANANAS!  :D

Zeb

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-15
  • Zeb
    • View Profile
    • African Monopoly
sounds interesting but way to far for a nigg >:(
we need a hip hop chanel on TV already FRUK!!!
"free soul thts why ill never sell it"
and thats my word...
www.myspace.com/afmp
www.afmp.co.za
sales@afmp.co.za
info@afmp.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22687317915

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
Whoa... big ups....

looks crazy... must say im a big fan of X-nasty and the Def boyz.. saw  them peform a couple of times and it was Ma**IVE

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
sounds interesting but way to far for a nigg >:(
we need a hip hop chanel on TV already FRUK!!!

WORD, i heard that, i thought we wouldv had that taken care of with shows like HEADRUSH, but they seem to be as futile in their attempts to reach out & air gigs as some of the many so called HipHop shows are  :-\ i miss Sprite RUSHHOUR, that shit was accurate...

anyhow, im not behind the organisation of this gig, but it has more than my full support, il see if its possible to get some video feed of the proceedings to all the interested cats....much love on the support...keep telling youl niccas, DONT SLEEP ON THE G!

Whoa... big ups....

looks crazy... must say im a big fan of X-nasty and the Def boyz.. saw  them peform a couple of times and it was Ma**IVE

DEF BOYZ have def carved out a permanant name for themselves in the Grahamstown HipHop community, being renowned not only for their music but for the work they do on the regular in the townships under the "Fingo Rebvolutionary Movement" developing the starndard of life for  the youth there in by engaging them in various facets of the HipHop culture and giving them an oppourtunity to express them selves artisticaly, one of their success stories is in the form of a very very talented group of Break dancers, the BIONIC BREAKERS that have gon so far as representing the eastern cape and grahamstown in various prestigious breakdancing shows...

its more than just HIPHOP in that regard, its societal upliftment....i a**ure you, its going to be CRAZY!
 :D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
this gig is really gearing up to be HEAT, we got niccas already coming down from all over, just to prep for it...the gods from TRUE SIGHT MUSIC, J-BUX, Hishaam, Stat P & SUPREMACY are going to be down in full force and those fortunate enough to be at the gig will not only get a chance to see their new clothing line but can cop it as well...

for those who have been following THE SEQUEL, the second mixtape dropped by the HEAds AT the Africanhiphop forum will be glad to know a couple of artists offa that mixtape will be at the gig as well... ma nigg ILLUMINATE is currently in teh G tryna work on a sneak attack with Optic Nerve of SUPREMACY...

oh and on another goodnote, we are going to have footage of the gig for youl...cant miss this, even if you not here, hol up, leme see if i cant lace youl up with footage from some of the gigs we've had  :)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
HEADS

LYRICAL TiP Raps State Of The Art Beatboxes

X Nasty of the DEF BOyz

Creepa Reborn With Stones

The god S.E.L.F

Lyrical TiP with KK on the Acoustic

The god Illuminate

Optic Nerve with Siya from Orangutan bitch

Mysteries in the Flesh

in a cypher, cypher rapping

Tsepiso, the Bikoist

so yeah, ima make sure to have pics from THE YARD soon as they drop....PEACE!   :D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
oh yeah, just in case you still SLEEPING On the G, check out the UPCOMING issue of the HYPE mag...got an EXCLUSIVE with the homey OPTIC NERVE of SUPREMACY;D

yeah, the kid is shining, catch him performing in THE YARD on friday 20:00 till late  :)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
this looks like a cool joint. wish i lived close by

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
but eish akho macherie apha

LMAO, this is RHODES UNIVERSITY we are talkin about homes, ask anyone whose been here, you dont want me turning Deacon Frost up in this bish & splattering the walls with some Pron...hahaha, i was just posting pictures of the emcees & artists cos i thot that would get the HEADS hungry to come over, but i made the mistake of forgetting i was on AG :D, dont sweat the technique ma duke, ima bomb youl with pics of the birds that flock to the shows round here...FRESH;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
ITS GOING DOWN IN EXACTLY 2 HOURS....all hell is going to break LOOSE...i pity the nigga whose not going to be on this show...its going to go down as one of the many monumental events ever to be hosted in the city of Grahamstown...already we have had heads flocking in, told youl before that ma man ILLUMINATE flew all the way from Zim for this one, not only that but even the producers that where on the Re-Invention album are also deading other commitments to be here, peace to ma nigga, Trained monkeys, the god even had no qualms about being given the floor to sleep, long as he gets to be here...lol, i see you god, dont worry, we got you... :)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
one word..............BANANAS....still tired from the jam & the after party so i cant elaborate just yet..

later on in the day, or maybe tomorrow, il up some pics & vids for youl, courtesy of the homey Da Note who was kind enough to let us use his camy to record the proceedings...goodlooks on his front :)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
i think its the optic nerve cat i heard on that trusenz tape if i'm not mistaken... the boy nice wit his!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
i think its the optic nerve cat i heard on that trusenz tape if i'm not mistaken... the boy nice wit his!

PEACE king, its the TRUESIGHT mixtape  ;) but yeah, its the ONE & ONLY...cat absolutely RIPPED IT LASTNIGHT homes, RIPPED it, make no mistake, this is just the beginning from the kid, he is set to explode..word is james bond!

ima have that footage youl, dont sweat  ;) even if i dont manage to up it, im sure youl are going to be hearing about what happened lastnight for some time to come  :D

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
Yo Oints How did the PE duo "Sons of law" perform?