motho · 9 · 4209

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
are any of u on medical aid?
 Please recommend urs if you feel it is good value for money.

Do they cover the swine flu test which aparently costs R700. This one lady pays R1400 a month on Discovery and was still asked to pay an additional R270...

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2009-08-08-if-swine-flew#comments
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:07:34 PM by motho »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
I got medical aid, I had to pay R200 last week after I had a gum infection, good thing is I can claim back the cash from them, bad thing is, I'm not sure I will still be alive by the time the pay me back, maybe my great grand kids will fetch it, during those days it would be worth a L of petrol.
Kinda would make me feel good when I'm in hevean looking down, seein mini rebbi going an extra km with my sick fee....

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog
bad thing is, I'm not sure I will still be alive by the time the pay me back, maybe my great grand kids will fetch it,

ha ha how much are u paying a month though?,

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I'm on Discovery but I'm the cheapest plan (I think it's called Coastal Care). My financial advisor told me it wasn't worth having a savings account with them. My plan only covers me for admission to hospital. Anything like Swine Flu tests would come out of my pocket. I hardly ever go to the doctor so it's probably worked out for the best.

It's like having any kind of insurance - you see it as just a waste of money until the day you need it.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • blog

It's like having any kind of insurance - you see it as just a waste of money until the day you need it.

true

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
I got medical aid, I had to pay R200 last week after I had a gum infection, good thing is I can claim back the cash from them, bad thing is, I'm not sure I will still be alive by the time the pay me back, maybe my great grand kids will fetch it, during those days it would be worth a L of petrol.
Kinda would make me feel good when I'm in hevean looking down, seein mini rebbi going an extra km with my sick fee....

;D Actually your grand kids can buy more than just an L of petrol if they claim interest at a rate equal to that of inflation.
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile
I'm on Discovery but I'm the cheapest plan (I think it's called Coastal Care). My financial advisor told me it wasn't worth having a savings account with them. My plan only covers me for admission to hospital. Anything like Swine Flu tests would come out of my pocket. I hardly ever go to the doctor so it's probably worked out for the best.

That's a shitty plan. A friend of mine had this plan and she had to pay out of her own pocket because she was in JB and not in a coastal area.

I would recommend Bonitas. It doesn't have the frills like the other medical aids but you seldom have to pay more than the levy for medication and unless you've used up your benefits you don't pay anything at the doctors.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I am on Nasmed. A real piece of shit in-house medical scheme for Media24. Unfortunately it is compulsory, otherwise I would have gone with Telemed, which I was on before and it was much cheaper with 100% cover, as opposed to the 805 cover I have now for double the money.

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
Im on discovery cla**ic saver medical plan. paid for by my company. I think discovery is the best medical aid ever. And being on vitality even better. Endless benefits from discounted bookings on flights and hotels, gym, the works. I like discovery and get a kick out of collecting points. I have over R3000 allocated to medicines and silly things above the normal plan. Which i think is not bad... Dont know about the swine flu test tho.
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!