Mothercity homecoming

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I walked up Long Street today. From the bottom just after running down the steps fom Mohamed the tailor at the Pan African market.
I stayed on the right looking left, caught a glimpse of Greenmarket square. Past mememe and their over priced panels of cloth put together by cheap thread.

Past the African music shop diagonally across from the Darkie store that lies round the corner from my final destination which today was the provincial parliament for a flm screening.
But I had time to kill, I came early enough to have time to rediscover that Wild Fire the place where I got my first and prolly ever only tat 3 years ago has moved onto Long. 210 Long street has gone through that 'gently coerced by your new husband operation' called gentrification - majorly. Mama Africa with newly painted portraits, their huge eyes surveying the streets from high above.
2nd time round still making money off dead Jewish peoples' earthly possessions.
Journey still tempting with their cute window display, I resist. I'm still waiting for 93 kilograms of unaccompanied accumulations from the Isle to arrive. Such gatherers these women my grand uncle would say.

Outside Zula there he is. The child whose been on the street since I moved here is still here. Long time sister, he says. Where did you go to? Very far away. Do you have something for me? No. I smile. But next time, I carry on walking thinking how much he has grown.I have no money in my wallet save for a few £2 coins coz I have a habit. Can't wait to carry on with my R5 coin collection again. Have 1 and a half jars filled. Fetish? No...hobby :)

Outside mojito diagonally opposite Lolas which is underneath overrated fiction, Jimmy Flex hollers my name. Just like on his skit on their album. First person I've seen who I know.  He having a beverage with a certain DJ and an American tourist with seemingly no intentions of gettig onto a plane to Yank land any time soon. You've ben missing on the circuit. I've missed the circuit.What you up to? Don't know yet, something will work out though. Pat shoulder.Smiles.  The lady with the curly hair who works at Labia pa**es by with her ready quick smile.The interactions with familiar strangers start once again.
Back down the road towards Wale street. I traipse the back route down Queen  victoria this time. Company in the gardens will nice...soon. Hello Cape Town.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
I walked up Long Street today. From the bottom just after running down the steps fom Mohamed the tailor at the Pan African market.
I stayed on the right looking left, caught a glimpse of Greenmarket square. Past mememe and their over priced panels of cloth put together by cheap thread.

Past the African music shop diagonally across from the Darkie store that lies round the corner from my final destination which today was the provincial parliament for a flm screening.
But I had time to kill, I came early enough to have time to rediscover that Wild Fire the place where I got my first and prolly ever only tat 3 years ago has moved onto Long. 210 Long street has gone through that 'gently coerced by your new husband operation' called gentrification - majorly. Mama Africa with newly painted portraits, their huge eyes surveying the streets from high above.
Journey still tempting with their cute window display, I resist. I'm still waiting for 93 kilograms of unaccompanied accumulations from the Isle to arrive. Such gatherers these women my grand uncle would say.

Outside Zula there he is. The child whose been on the street since I moved here is still here. Long time sister, he says. Where did you go to? Very far away. Do you have something for me? No. I smile. But next time, I carry on walking thinking how much he has grown.I have no money in my wallet save for a few £2 coins coz I have a habit. Can't wait to carry on with my R5 coin collection again. Have 1 and a half jars filled. Fetish? No...hobby :)

Outside mojito diagonally opposite Lolas which is underneath overrated fiction, Jimmy Flex hollers my name. Just like on his skit on their album. First person I've seen who I know.  He having a beverage with a certain DJ and an American tourist with seemingly no intentions of gettig onto a plane to Yank land any time soon. You've ben missing on the circuit. I've missed the circuit.What you up to? Don't know yet, something will work out though. Pat shoulder.Smiles.  The lady with the curly hair who works at Labia pa**es by with her ready quick smile.The interactions with familiar strangers start once again.
Back down the road towards Wale street. I traipse the back route down Queen  victoria this time. Company in the gardens will nice...soon. Hello Cape Town.

You write beautifuly,never really noticed before cos i was always too lazy to read...damn that made me wish i was in CT.Havent been there in ages...enjoy!
Real Recognise Real

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

I'm still a Jozi boy, but this made me smile. Nice piece Nat. Hope home is lovely.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
MOWBREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE KAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
wow.

that was incredibly written. very beautiful.

BOOOOOOONNNNNNNTTTTTEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWEEEELLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

what you know about that, Witness in Silence?  ;D

Madnotes

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/tseboman
you came bacck just in time for a big hiphop weekend in capetown,there the Hip hop indaba finals,theres proverb @ Zula,ETC crew @ purple turtle ..

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
you came bacck just in time for a big hiphop weekend in capetown,there the Hip hop indaba finals,theres proverb @ Zula,ETC crew @ purple turtle ..

yeah, it's quite hard balancing them. Indaba starts on Thursday through to Saturday, right? Pro on Friday - when's the ETC?

Mr Dymize

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-1
  • I Ain't New To This - I Stay True To This
    • View Profile
Too much work... It's too long.  :(
"You Couln't Reach The Top In A Bad Game of Tetris"

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Yeesir. Will be at indaba launch and proverb gig and  Butan sale daytime on Friday/saturday at hifive on kloof.

@panic ETC crew with Jaak and Rattex is on Saturday night.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

Yeesir. Will be at indaba launch and proverb gig and  Butan sale daytime on Friday/saturday at hifive on kloof.

@panic ETC crew with Jaak and Rattex is on Saturday night.

ah, none for me thanks. a man needs to rest.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Nat, I wanna speak to you about selling some Butan stuff here in Bloem.

I hate not being in Cape town for this stuff.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

im surprised you didnt tell these fools about the free alcohol  :D

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
good piece, impressive.....read this with relish

Hood.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

im surprised you didnt tell these fools about the free alcohol  :D

Oh yeah. Slow on the marketing me neh.
Smirnoff will be sponsoring the sale. So come through and enjoy sips of the mule. Spin. Vodka shots. what's your poison?
HiFIVe has slashed selected music and clothing by 25% and Butan will be going at less 50%
 :)