Don't really give a f***
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
In terms of music ,m more excited bout the cats on streets level..The ones droppin mixtapes,ep's n stuf..cats like smerf,l-tido,zakwe(damn This dude got sum ill rhyme Patterns),devious d,mothipa,hillz ,skye wanda,bantu education etc.bt they material is very inaccessible..age.?they al look 23-24 to me..as for pa**in the torch..nah.the current mainstream/older cats(HHP,slikour,Tumi,the Pro's etc) al workd hard to get where they at..earning the corporates' confidence,gettin major stations n retailers buyin into they shit..Let Them Enjoy The Fruits Of They Labour.the nu skul cats got 2 do the same..they cn start by Each buildin a strong nationwide fanbase.and i predict Driemanskap,AKA and Abdus wil soon b playin inda big league.
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Audio Visual is one of my all time favorite hip-hop crews, period!

Sheish waiting on an album is like watching wet paint dry! I think Tumi is hella nice, and I am generally excited about good music, Pioneer Unit are doing their thing, I been loving what has been coming out that staple, and the hymphatic thabs and gin-i grindith albums were dope too! The state of the art from where I stand looks very good! There are a lot of albums out there that are real hard to get, that I can't wait to hear! To the youngins' take note and learn from those that laid down the foundation, because they are raising brows and ringing bells with whoever gets exposed to them! Cats get blown away when I play it, just never let ignorance control your set! the conscious artists from Africa, share some of the most beautiful conscious minds in the world in my opinion! Just keep holding that down, the rest of the world is starting to take notice! Peace.

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
maxnormal.tv/die antwoord is the only south african hip hop i like...

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
GRAHAMSTOWN & Port Elizabeth EMCEES are by far the most HARD WORKING AND MOST TALENTED LYRICISTS IN THIS HERE COUNTRY.........................thats all ima say on this matter.....KEEP SLEEPING!.. catch a rude awakening!  8)

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I'm very excited about SA hip hop. Even though it's an industry in its infancy with very little money or corporate interest, there's nothing to be depressed about - the States went through the same thing many years ago. If cats just stay focused on their art, get their performance levels up, and slowly build up their fan bases, things will come together.

People have got to stop buying into all the media hype, worrying about who's selling what and who is more popular than who - that's all just a game. It's also a myth that making commercial music makes you more commercially viable. It's much more expensive and risky producing a pop artist than it is an 'underground' artist. It might take longer to establish an underground artist, but if they are good (and the business side is in place), the money is still there. I believe it's easier to sell 'good' music, than 'commercial' music (but that's just me).

Even the most underground and 'street' cats can be attractive to the corporate world if they package themselves properly. We are talking to a major international brand who is looking for some 'edgy street appeal' - one of the reasons they chose us is because we have artist management. They are sick of trying to work with artists who don't have cellphones or who turn up late (or don't turn up at all).

We have a lot of hip hop artists in SA that could cut it internationally. We just need to stop hating on ourselves because we're not making as much money as international counterparts.

I agree with Nats too - even if you're an underground artist (or you could say, especially if you're an underground artist), you need to put on an amazing show. The whole world has moved away from an MC standing on stage asking the sound man to play the next beat. That might satisfy heads in your hood, but it certainly will not cut it at a corporate level.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
Ill Skillz -Off The Radar

Thats all im gonna say

detective ndovela? WTF!!! LMAO!!  next thing dudes is gonna change names to ridge forester or dumsani shabane and shit like that
Hood.

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Ill Skillz -Off The Radar

Thats all im gonna say

detective ndovela? WTF!!! LMAO!!  next thing dudes is gonna change names to ridge forester or dumsani shabane and shit like that

hahaha!

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
detective ndovela is cla**ic!
reason i wach mtunzini.com... *coughs*
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
as for pa**in the torch..nah.the current mainstream/older cats(HHP,slikour,Tumi,the Pro's etc) al workd hard to get where they at..earning the corporates' confidence,gettin major stations n retailers buyin into they shit..Let Them Enjoy The Fruits Of They Labour.

Nuff said dude ;)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
detective ndovela is cla**ic!
reason i wach mtunzini.com... *coughs*

cosign, but i doubt the skills of the pro gramme's scrip writer. the dialouges dont connect and the people's gestures dont correspond to what they say.
Hood.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
How can you not be excited about SA hip hop?!

Ben Sharpa and Raiko are about to do a 16 show tour of Europe including warming up for Raekwon at the German leg of the Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 World Tour. It doesn't get more exciting than that! It's not like Sharpa is warming up in his home town by default - Rae's team specifically selected him for a Euro show.

I could go on and on about the stuff we have coming up, but it would just be seen as blowing my own trumpet - I'm excited though, even if no one else is ;)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
How can you not be excited about SA hip hop?!

Ben Sharpa and Raiko are about to do a 16 show tour of Europe including warming up for Raekwon at the German leg of the Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 World Tour. It doesn't get more exciting than that! It's not like Sharpa is warming up in his home town by default - Rae's team specifically selected him for a Euro show.

I could go on and on about the stuff we have coming up, but it would just be seen as blowing my own trumpet - I'm excited though, even if no one else is ;)

this is too dope! how did they pick him out, yo?

all of this is really amazing, but honestly, i'd be more excited if i'd just heard we were about to hear a new album by the cat.