• AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

tebzartlad!

• THE D.A.N.J.E.R MAN
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +6/-3
  • ...I still love H.E.R the way Common used to!
    • View Profile
SA Hip Hop on a street/indie level is doomed unless headz countrywide (& the whole continent @large) get off that; ''nobody is doper than my homeboy!'' mentality...and just give props where they ' due, work together and keep it moving.

i.e. Let The Federation introduce The Anvils to the Soweto crowd and vice versa...the same goez with Driemans in the Cape...

' possible ''something'' in my opinion. 
Claude "Baller" Kona... R.I.P (Return If Possible!)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
SA Hip Hop on a street/indie level is doomed unless headz countrywide (& the whole continent @large) get off that; ''nobody is doper than my homeboy!'' mentality...and just give props where they ' due, work together and keep it moving.

i.e. Let The Federation introduce The Anvils to the Soweto crowd and vice versa...the same goez with Driemans in the Cape...

there's a lot of cats who do this already. you get crews sharing stages in Cape Town quite often.

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG

tru dat... dis territorial rap is killin the industry....
the EC cats shud blaze stages in ada areas like NW... jozi cats shud not consider themselves bigger than the industry and the mother city c-rappers shud be accomodative of all ada sub-genres and appreciate ... in that we'll have a growin industry.....

but isn't that the promoters job.../ to get the artists known anywhere in the country..... do we really have a stable promotions strategy, sum to help on organising and ensuring that all cats get the platform anywhere in the country?

i think we lack true hip hop promoters, not cats who be tryna get the wurd out for they bros and claim they playin a part in promoting hip hop, 1 shud be able to book an mcee from whereva....that be a true hip hop pioneer(nt the unit)......
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

tebzartlad!

• THE D.A.N.J.E.R MAN
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
@Panic...Cape Town alone iz not enough.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

As I said before, building an artist's career takes a lot of work, time and money.

There's very little money in our industry and most of the corporate money goes to the most commercial artists. I believe this is slowly changing (and will continue to do so), but we have to raise our standards in every aspect of the the indie music business and stop making excuses.

We have to start by being more critical of our standards. Is the new beat you just made better than anything else that's out there? Are your emceeing skills on par with the best in the country? Are you bringing something new and exciting to the game? Is your live show as good as Mos Def's? If you're not sure the answer to these questions is 'yes', you need to go back to the lab and practice until you are sure. Just being able to rap doesn't qualify you to be a rapper. Be your own biggest critic and don't let your friends gas you up.

Collaborations are great, but only if they are part of a strategic framework. There's no point introducing Cape Town to a new Joburg artist if they don't have a professional-quality CD available to buy.

tebzartlad!

• THE D.A.N.J.E.R MAN
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
@Dee...I co-sign your whole entire post.

& what I mean, by working together, is more dun just collaborating on tracks..but also putting de next man on (' fellow hard working artist!) 

*I rememba this one time Reason came & straight rocked the crowd @1808..he kept going on bout sum cat called N'veigh. Come next show, they both there & N'veigh ''punches'' the crowd into a motha of a frenzy!!!

& after that, i get cats coming up to me on sum: ''Does REASON'S BOY have anything out??? THEM NIGGAZ is dope!!''

Bridge

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-3
    • View Profile
I also feel  Xhosa spittin cats especially down in south have not forge a strong front through the Spaza movement ( even though I don’t know the meaning behind it) which has made a great impact in the Rap scene .  Not much exciting is popping with Spaza lately and its difficult to tell.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I also feel  Xhosa spittin cats especially down in south have not forge a strong front through the Spaza movement ( even though I don’t know the meaning behind it) which has made a great impact in the Rap scene .  Not much exciting is popping with Spaza lately and its difficult to tell.

I hear you. We haven't done a very good job of promoting a unified Spaza front. We need a CPT campaign like the Durban house campaign.

Blac Satyr

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-8
  • Magnifiko
    • View Profile
I've heard quite a few stuff that I wanna try, but we all know the problem we seem to get all the time... we don't get to find good music that we want on our nearest outleats. Randburg was ayt, Cap City also. Bloemfontein was disgustin but the way the dress gotdamn was on point. I'ma about to hit cpt very soon, hopefully I'll cum back smillin'. ek se my bru'
Blac's V.day's R&B(Rhythm & Ba**) Reshuffled Mix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sdnz0

MOFF G

• MOFF G
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-9
  • MOFF G: THE GENIUS
    • View Profile
    • MOFFG

As I said before, building an artist's career takes a lot of work, time and money.

There's very little money in our industry and most of the corporate money goes to the most commercial artists. I believe this is slowly changing (and will continue to do so), but we have to raise our standards in every aspect of the the indie music business and stop making excuses.

We have to start by being more critical of our standards. Is the new beat you just made better than anything else that's out there? Are your emceeing skills on par with the best in the country? Are you bringing something new and exciting to the game? Is your live show as good as Mos Def's? If you're not sure the answer to these questions is 'yes', you need to go back to the lab and practice until you are sure. Just being able to rap doesn't qualify you to be a rapper. Be your own biggest critic and don't let your friends gas you up.

Collaborations are great, but only if they are part of a strategic framework. There's no point introducing Cape Town to a new Joburg artist if they don't have a professional-quality CD available to buy.

i still feel it is the promoters who needs to put more onto this than just waitin for an mcee to establish himself and we start to try and salvage what has already been tarnished by his antics to gain exposure.
the greatest rides u'd ever experince is upon the DEATH STAR....

Hybrid

• infinite perfection
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-4
  • iced out
    • View Profile
    • no site

with jozi making moves, pro kid topping local charts and slikour winning awards i would say im partially satisfied, at least we gradually moving to a higher phase
i stay winning