Hype Awards 2

The CHEF · 123 · 30143

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
How can they possibly tell when a situation 'looks suspicious'? The whole point of a vote is that it is absolute. You can't predict who is more popular, or who's fans are more motivated to vote. We can only guess that Blood Spillaz votes look suspicious - maybe they went on a huge voting campaign for all we know? The point is that if you can't guarantee that the voting is fair, you shouldn't do it. Resorting to panels to judge what looks suspicious defeats that whole point of a vote as the panel can only make guesses based on the perceived popularity of the various artists.

Look how much controversy there was when the wrong person from Idols went through because of a delay in the SMS votes being received. People take this voting shit seriously. There need to be proper checks and balances in place or the whole thing becomes a farce.

The problem now is that they have gone too far down the road to change anything. Lots of people have voted legitimately already. It's a tough one.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I really think they need to fix the problem ASAP, or there will be no credibility whatsoever when the awards are being handed out, an alternative safe solution where voters register with an email address, and the IP gets noted in a**ociation with that email account, for safe measures, even then people might be able to abuse the system, say they have a computer at home, and one at work, and seperate email accounts, but at least they'll only be voting twice and not 200 times.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Like Thabs said last year. We will know who is the real best and who isn't.

Hybrid

• infinite perfection
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-4
  • iced out
    • View Profile
    • no site
voted 7 times in 2 days, this is real fun
i stay winning

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Hybrid

• infinite perfection
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-4
  • iced out
    • View Profile
    • no site
voted 7 times in 2 days, this is real fun

hahahaha

;D this is like playing ps2 with an amatuer, enjoy every part of it
i stay winning

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
lol 'ey Motho we got good reasons to complain this time. clearly something is not right if you check the numbers.

but anyone can always find a good reason to complain. What I am saying is Hype puts out a magazine and there is thread here for 7-8 pages of heads just whining, every month without fail.

Now Hype puts on awards and what do u know, more whining from the same cats. Why not put on ur own awards that are fool proof or come up with solutions and pa** them on to Mizi and Simone?

enough whining, how about solutions from the AG experts on everything for a change  ???
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
lol 'ey Motho we got good reasons to complain this time. clearly something is not right if you check the numbers.

but anyone can always find a good reason to complain. What I am saying is Hype puts out a magazine and there is thread here for 7-8 pages of heads just whining, every month without fail.

Now Hype puts on awards and what do u know, more whining from the same cats. Why not put on ur own awards that are fool proof or come up with solutions and pa** them on to Mizi and Simone?

enough whining, how about solutions from the AG experts on everything for a change  ???

Co-siggity.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Problems come before solutions. The problem was pointed out. Dont know why we're expected to not point it out when we're seeing something going terribly wrong.

Like the response suggests, they are aware of the problem and have a possible solution.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Oh for f***'s sake.

Motho: people are 'whining' because the voting is flawed. It allows multiple, repeated voting as many times as you like. Nobody here is moaning about the intent, content or goal of the awards - just the execution, which is fatally flawed.

It should be easy enough to fix. Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet?
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

KGBEATS

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I hear you guys.. just checked the Best Solo Artist and Tuks is Leading.. Would you guys consider that fair refelction of the situation?

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I hear you guys.. just checked the Best Solo Artist and Tuks is Leading.. Would you guys consider that fair refelction of the situation?

this is not about who is more deserving than others, its about the unlimited votes an individual is able to make.

Tuks may well deserve to win it but this is not about that.

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

yes. he released one of the best albums this year.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

Oh for f***'s sake.

Motho: people are 'whining' because the voting is flawed. It allows multiple, repeated voting as many times as you like. Nobody here is moaning about the intent, content or goal of the awards - just the execution, which is fatally flawed.

It should be easy enough to fix. Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet?

It is not that I dont get why you guys are nagging, but it seems like you are "preaching to the choir" because what good does nagging on Ag do? Neither Mizi or Simone is on AG, so maybe going to the Hype offices, or sending them an email (as RR has done) will help more. maybe nag them on Facebook or send disgruntled letterto HYpe or the publishers

im just not sure how this thread is helping make the situation better, or is it a matter of fans, artists, label owners having a little corner in cyberspace where they let off steam without really expecting the situation to get better?

help me understand...
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
It is not that I dont get why you guys are nagging, but it seems like you are "preaching to the choir" because what good does nagging on Ag do? Neither Mizi or Simone is on AG, so maybe going to the Hype offices, or sending them an email (as RR has done) will help more. maybe nag them on Facebook or send disgruntled letterto HYpe or the publishers

im just not sure how this thread is helping make the situation better, or is it a matter of fans, artists, label owners having a little corner in cyberspace where they let off steam without really expecting the situation to get better?

help me understand...

people have the right to vent, redundantly even

its up to u to ignore if u feel the need to, at the end of the day if someone needs a situation fixed bad enough, he/she knows the proper channels to follow to get it rectified,

let them/us be

he he he he he
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up