Hype Awards 2

The CHEF · 123 · 30129

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
It is not that I dont get why you guys are nagging, but it seems like you are "preaching to the choir" because what good does nagging on Ag do? Neither Mizi or Simone is on AG, so maybe going to the Hype offices, or sending them an email (as RR has done) will help more. maybe nag them on Facebook or send disgruntled letterto HYpe or the publishers

im just not sure how this thread is helping make the situation better, or is it a matter of fans, artists, label owners having a little corner in cyberspace where they let off steam without really expecting the situation to get better?

help me understand...

people have the right to vent, redundantly even

its up to u to ignore if u feel the need to, at the end of the day if someone needs a situation fixed bad enough, he/she knows the proper channels to follow to get it rectified,

let them/us be

he he he he he

ah it all makes sense now. Thanks Black. Consider it done  ;)
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
just voted Tuks for Best Album.

Zuluboy is sitting low on there. wonder why.

KGBEATS

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I hear you guys.. just checked the Best Solo Artist and Tuks is Leading.. Would you guys consider that fair refelction of the situation?

this is not about who is more deserving than others, its about the unlimited votes an individual is able to make.

Tuks may well deserve to win it but this is not about that.

How else can the public participate?.. of course with MTN being the sponsor, they will insist on using sms services..and i bet they will not want to allow one sms per number.. becuase obviously they want maximum sms to cash in.. its a tricky one.. Maybe at the end we all vote as much as we can.. it will reflect who is most pa**ionate.. i guess..

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile
We need Juluis Malema to step in quick and speak out against this flawed voting process created by counter-revolutionary forces. :D

When Julius speaks there's bound to be some action or reaction, otherwise he will declare the awards null and void. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:56:02 PM by Mega »
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
Inkomasi isn't the real deal when it comes to amasi. i used to enjoy it as a kid, though. i find it too rich, now.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I just had that new Mageu Smooth strawberry flavour. Not bad at all.

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
Lmao  :D :D damn ndovela that nigga so serious yo!!
M Turn

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Actually Simone and Mizi do read these boards (or hear about what goes on here), and they are looking into trying to sort out the issue. I'm going to be very interested to see how that works out though.

There's going to be a lot of crying from whoever loses out, that's for sure.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Yeah, Simone and Mizi both pop in here once in a while.

I also left a message about this on Simone's Facebook page. I really would like to see this work out, since it is a good initiative to give some recognition to our hard working heads. I just don't think its fair if it isn't done correctly and the awards go to people who don't deserve it. Then we might as well stick to the SAMAs.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
There's going to be a lot of crying from whoever loses out, that's for sure.

cats have been nominated for an AWARD, that right there is recognition, its how you CHOOSE to use the SHINE you have been given that counts out the most...there is NO LOSS HERE, as soon as you were nominated YOU HAVE WON (recognition). im not south african but i listen to the music (if its good enough) and some of these cats granted i have never heard of but win or lose (when it comes to the award that is) they would do best to make sure people check for them more...!capitalize on the BUZZ, cos the niccas who win the award can prove STALE as f*** BY TOMORROW and get surpa**ed by the so called LOSERS...

so niccas NEED TO STOP BITCHING bout who wins or who loses...FLIP!  ::)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
It seems like the hype awards pages have changed. Now I'm confused. Each category now has a description of the criteria for each category, eg...

The Best Album category will be awarded in recognition of excellence in song composition, lyrical ability as well as musical appeal. This will be awarded to individual artists or groups. In this category, the award is given to the performer, producer, engineer and executive producer of an album released within the eligibility period.

It sounds as if it's not about the public vote any more (although the 'vote now!' button is still there). When you click on 'vote now!' it takes you to a page which is empty apart from the category description. Anyone else seeing that?

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Been talking about this since sunday, they should have done an email authentication online voting. or a code sent to your phone to register your vote. The Online awards are totally flawed at this point, better they stick to SMS votes!!!!

Draztik