The CHEF · 123 · 30081

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
latest from the website....

Disclaimer: Online vs SMS: How votes will be counted

1. You can vote for your favourites in all voted categories - as many times as you like via SMS to 41931, but only once online at www.hypemagazine.co.za

2. Some people may try to 'cheat' the amount of online votes they cast, through various technological means. Therefore, where there is a distinct discrepancy in the ratio of the number of online votes vs the number of SMS votes for a particular nominee, HYPE magazine will investigate the matter. HYPE will then make a final decision, in conjunction with the judges who adjudicate the judged categories and the auditor, based on consensus. In the event of a dispute, HYPE reserves the right to make the final decision, always endeavouring to retain the wish of the majority of the people who voted via SMS. What do we mean by "discrepancy in the ratio"? Well, if all nominees in the category has , say, around 20 SMS votes plus 200 online votes (a ratio of 1:10) but one nominee has 20 SMS votes plus 6 000 online votes (a ratio of 1: 300), that's a "discrepancy in the ratio", so we'll investigate and follow the procedure above.

3. Voting (via SMS and online) will close a week before the award ceremony, to ensure all votes are delivered timeously, and included in the final count, thus preventing problems such as those experienced by a popular television programme where SMS votes were used to determine the winner.

4. The final vote will be checked by an auditor for accuracy.

5. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
latest from the website....

Disclaimer: Online vs SMS: How votes will be counted

1. You can vote for your favourites in all voted categories - as many times as you like via SMS to 41931, but only once online at www.hypemagazine.co.za

2. Some people may try to 'cheat' the amount of online votes they cast, through various technological means. Therefore, where there is a distinct discrepancy in the ratio of the number of online votes vs the number of SMS votes for a particular nominee, HYPE magazine will investigate the matter. HYPE will then make a final decision, in conjunction with the judges who adjudicate the judged categories and the auditor, based on consensus. In the event of a dispute, HYPE reserves the right to make the final decision, always endeavouring to retain the wish of the majority of the people who voted via SMS. What do we mean by "discrepancy in the ratio"? Well, if all nominees in the category has , say, around 20 SMS votes plus 200 online votes (a ratio of 1:10) but one nominee has 20 SMS votes plus 6 000 online votes (a ratio of 1: 300), that's a "discrepancy in the ratio", so we'll investigate and follow the procedure above.

3. Voting (via SMS and online) will close a week before the award ceremony, to ensure all votes are delivered timeously, and included in the final count, thus preventing problems such as those experienced by a popular television programme where SMS votes were used to determine the winner.

4. The final vote will be checked by an auditor for accuracy.

5. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

success...............now we should SHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Exactly what I said Draztik

Yo discrepancy ratio?!!!!, did i hear that rite, what the, wow that sounds real funny to me, rite now.... if its flawed dont count it period!!!!   :D :D

stick to sms ,just my opinion though!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:19:04 PM by Draztik »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

This
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:32:16 PM by Bill Hates »

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

Yo discrepancy ratio?!!!!, did i hear that rite, what the, wow that sounds real funny to me, rite now.... if its flawed dont count it period!!!!   :D :D

I also don't agree but I'll live.

Mega

• AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-9
    • View Profile

Co-Siggy. Their argument on discrepancy does not hold water. What if people that like a particular artist happen to be in their thousands and have free internet access at work and a majority or all of them decide to vote online only, seeing that sms is charged and online for them is free.

That would give their artist of choice legitimate online votes, and if a competing artist in the category only recieved far less votes via sms, according to HYPE, that would be probably be flagged as fraudulent votes.

Stick to sms only to avoid controversy.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

KGBEATS

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Co-Siggy. Their argument on discrepancy does not hold water. What if people that like a particular artist happen to be in their thousands and have free internet access at work and a majority or all of them decide to vote online only, seeing that sms is charged and online for them is free.

That would give their artist of choice legitimate online votes, and if a competing artist in the category only recieved far less votes via sms, according to HYPE, that would be probably be flagged as fraudulent votes.

Stick to sms only to avoid controversy.

Yep SMS only or allow unlimited voting for SMS and web page.. so it means those who have time and money can buy air time to sms all day like other Kwaito labesl due.. so it meand the fat cats will taqke this ones...

Jules Winnfield

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-2
  • Schizophrenic Tenant Number 1
    • View Profile
raiko should have been nominated, even if he has a drug problem, he ain't such a bad dj...
When all this shit is over and done – I think you're gonna find yourself one smilin' motherf***er.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
raiko should have been nominated, even if he has a drug problem, he ain't such a bad dj...

LOL! Yeah I was wondering why you weren't in there... politics I suppose...

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

He should have got nominated just for this...

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

AND WE HAVE A WINNER! ;D
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

hahahahahahaha !!! DOPE.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

ha ha ha that's the shit!  :D :D