Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Bhlakroze takes Silver Medal

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
Bhlakroze takes Silver Medal at the International Delphic Games

Korea, the host of the ongoing International Delphic Games, grabbed the competition's first gold with the country's Kim Il-young winning in poetry recitation, organizers of the global cultural competition said Saturday, according to Yonhap News.
The third Delphic Games, held through Sept. 15 on the Korean island of Jeju, have drawn 395 people from 35 countries, all hoping to showcase their talents and cultural heritage. They will perform in 18 competitions in six large categories: music and acoustic arts; performing arts; crafts, design and visual arts; linguistic arts; communication and social arts; and architecture and ecological arts.

Kim, who took part in the poetry recitation games, an individual competition within the lingual arts category, recited a self-written poem about his mother, who had been a diver in Jeju.

Jury members, including French poet Claude Mouchard, said Kim's performance was "honest" and "deeply moving."

"Reading a poem had been a new challenge for me," Kim said after winning his gold. "I dedicate the honor to my mother."

The silver went to Mbali Vilakazi from South Africa, while China's Jin Qinglong took the bronze.

The Delphic Lyre Award, given to the competitor who best blends different cultures in the performance, went to Gonchig Sukhzorig of Mongolia. The Delphic Laurel Award, given to competitors who blend characteristics of their local culture with innovative techniques, went to Tade Ipadeoia from Nigeria.

Mongolia's state Folk Song and Dance Ensemble won the gold at the cappella games, with the country taking three gold medals in the ongoing Delphics.

Games featuring traditional double-reed woodwind instruments and a shadow play competition were to open Saturday, along with the sculpture, graphic storytelling, documentary production, book art, stone fence-making and outdoor space design games that have been running since Thursday.

Under the theme "Tuning into Nature," this year's Delphic Games opened on Jeju Island on Wednesday with performers from 54 countries gathering for the competitions, as well as special performances and lectures.

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2009/09/13/200909130001.asp

Im proud of you Rozie, really proud.

if I had known you coming back today i would have organised a warm welcome at the airport. I know someone who possibly knows Malema or knows someone who knows him so it would not have been a problem.  ;D

Im really happy for you  :D :D

Quote from: Rozie!
i won a silver medal jo. at the arts games. i won a silver medal. im beside myself.

awwww man :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:49:21 PM by Detective Ndovela »

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
that's amazing! :o

well done bhlakrhoze!!!!
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
 :-*
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
WOW Rozie. Well done yo. Im proud.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
 :o :o :o take a bow <standing ovation>
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Nar8iv

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott_williams/
Congratulations.
and may there be many many more of these.

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Wow!! Congrats love, I am not suprised, the love you have for what you do is amazing.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Great achievement.....well done fam
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
A HUGE BIG UP to you ma, just goes to prove that the only limits we encounter are the ones we set for ourselves....KEEP ON:)