Africasgateway.com

For the environment

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
Whats good AG artists and Producers...

Background:

I work for an NGO that is an agency for the Department of Environmental Affairs, we do environmental awareness. We mostly work with clients that are keen in helping us help the environment.

To cut the long story short, a gentle (i hope he is not on AG) is our partner and is helping us come up with a jingle for the company and the CEO asked for my opinion(for obvious reasons) regarding this gentleman's work. Honestly, he made a good Jazz song but not catchy enough to be a jingle.

Now i am looking for artists and producers that are interested in helping our company in making a catchy jingle.

For those interested PM me...

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
how much will i get payed?
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

We looking for eco-amba**odors meaning artists/producers that will do work for their contribution to environment awareness.

In short, you will NOT be paid. Maybe i should have mentioned that in my first post.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

In short, you will NOT be paid. Maybe i should have mentioned that in my first post.

yah no, u should've
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

We looking for eco-amba**odors meaning artists/producers that will do work for their contribution to environment awareness.

Please ignore my PM then - sorry, but I'm all about that cash. Best of luck finding someone though.  :)
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The environment will pay you by having a butterfly or some other cute creature sit on you.

The Department of Environmental Affairs most likely did have a huge budget for the project, but it was blown on rides and banquets, hence their decision to leave the job to an NGO, who charges much less.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
Ok, say u had an NGO that didnt work with government  ;D but also wanted u talented AGians to donate ur services to us....

what would make u donate ur services for free, basically?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:32:48 PM by mothorolla »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Just to clarify a few issues before we start throwing punches..

The company i work for did not task me to go talent searching but i felt Agians could do a way better job that the guy that submitted his work. He is a partner therefore he isnt getting paid either just fulfilling his part of the agreement.

Maybe i shouldnt have put this out as a thread i should have PM'd the cats i know personally..

No probs Rob one, PM ignored..

Interested parties: I will pm the brief on monday!

Peace

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

Question, what makes you feel that you can judge the jingle? 

My background is advertising so I have written and helped create lots of jingle, in fact I worked with the guy who created the sound imaging that is all the station jingles and one liners including composing the music and writting the lyrics you hear on a couple of radio stations- Umhlobo, Ukhozi, and so forth.

Let's go back to my first question- music especially for ads and jingles is very subjective, the partenr created a jazz song because he probably likes jazz, you most likely hate it because you like hip hop.
That's why you came to a hip hop board. When you're subjective it's the work, in this case the jingle that suffers.   

I think you'll have a better chance at fixing the current jingle with partner, by simple writting a catchier lyrics, shorten the jingle adding a horn section. If he created a jazz song- and you go come with a hip hop song you guys will never agree and again it will be the jingle that suffers.

Cool, let's say the jingle definately does not work- if this guy has any musical talent you guys are half way there. Now what you have to do is research the style, what musical genre is more suited for an enviromental company, acid jazz, that Enya slow shit, you guys agree on that.

Then pick up as many references of other jingles and even songs.
If there are lyrics to be written lock yourself in a room and just have fun.

Then between the two of you and who ever you both agree you need help from create the jingle.

Besides from writting, which is a cursed painfull solitary experience, creativity is all about colloborations, you have to open up and check the egos at the door and work.
The real art is how to persuade him to see things your way- that is something no one can advise you on.
It depends on the relationship and how you relate to people.

I'm no musician but I can help and for free. Send me the brief and the song and I'll come up with a solution for you.

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

I have never claimed to be an expect in this regard, i just heard something that would put people to sleep. I clearly stated that it is a good Jazz song that i would listen to myself but its not catchy enough to be a jingle.

Anywho thanx for offering to help, check your PM on monday!

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

I have never claimed to be an expect in this regard, i just heard something that would put people to sleep. I clearly stated that it is a good Jazz song that i would listen to myself but its not catchy enough to be a jingle.

Don't catch feeling over that. I merely put it to set up my background and share my experience I've had.
Do you think this guy can pull off any other style of music?

Can't wait to hear it....     
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

Don't catch feeling over that. I merely put it to set up my background and share my experience I've had.
Do you think this guy can pull off any other style of music?

Can't wait to hear it....     

I havnt had a chance to chat with him about music in general but i think hes more jazzy n gospel, so i dnt think he would pull off anything outside that.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile