phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
  • musiq is my life, hip hop is what i do and die for
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Hey guys i need your help,
i have been mixing the traxs for more than a year now but i have experienced one problem with mixing, there is no uniform vocal flow, i mean some times i experience high volume and sometimes low, what can i do  to make my vocal and the entire track sound uniform.

Advice is highly appreciated

peace! ;D

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
Hey guys i need your help,
i have been mixing the traxs for more than a year now but i have experienced one problem with mixing, there is no uniform vocal flow, i mean some times i experience high volume and sometimes low, what can i do  to make my vocal and the entire track sound uniform.

Advice is highly appreciated

peace! ;D

U can use a strip compressor, parametric EQ & Filter for shelving unwanted frequencies & making things thump.. also Gating helps sometimes.

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Thanks you
what about boosting the music without distorting the track, i use wavelab.
peace

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
The multiband compressor for the prefinal.
I'm doin this off the head.. your ROOF Gain should be -1 to less than 0 db
therz a threshold wich you must maintain.
gracefully slide that threshold  slider till your ear likes it & your speakers and code RED lights dont want to light up & accept the punch without Distortion.

For the genre of music u doin you gotta remember the peak RMS[Root Mean Square] indicated in your compressor. [Compton]WATTS, hehe -11 to -9

Load up your current favorite in wavelab and let the analayzerz do it's thang and notice the spatial convergence, RMS & Gain & Frequency curves

i'll double chk latr

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Thanx man,
am getting some concepts, one love man
am still waiting.

Peace

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
gracefully slide that threshold  slider till your ear likes it & your speakers and code RED lights dont want to light up & accept the punch without Distortion.

For the genre of music u doin you gotta remember the peak RMS[Root Mean Square] indicated in your compressor. [Compton]WATTS, hehe -11 to -9

Load up your current favorite in wavelab and let the analayzerz do it's thang and notice the spatial convergence, RMS & Gain & Frequency curves

i'll double chk latr

Daliq, you're the most technologically sound cat on here, so respect. But I think you might need to explain that a little more clearly. Not everybody has the same level of knowledge of basic concepts as you do bro!  ;D
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
all right
R.1
I have got him and am on it just wait to see some changes on my vocalz

peace

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ

i'll double chk latr

Daliq, you're the most technologically sound cat on here, so respect. But I think you might need to explain that a little more clearly. Not everybody has the same level of knowledge of basic concepts as you do bro!  ;D

Doin a little tut.. available in word format in the weekend.
SHo

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz

i'll double chk latr

Doin a little tut.. available in word format in the weekend.
SHo
Catch ya that time
peace

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile

That is loud. I really don't see why music has to be that loud. That's what the volume control is for isn't it ? I loaded Gin n Juice from Snoop's Doggystyle the other day. Peak RMS was @ -15db and shit sounds cool to this day. Shows u it's more about mixing that anything else.

But ya, loudness war ne. lol !!!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
^^ f*** it, iv noticed that with them old school records too.....Peak RMS is low as hell but they stl sound loud....

Eish
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Yep! everything Daliq said is on point! also check on youtube for video tutorials and google mastering with waves...

Thank you dawg i got one
i hope it is good.
peace

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ

That is loud. I really don't see why music has to be that loud. That's what the volume control is for isn't it ? I loaded Gin n Juice from Snoop's Doggystyle the other day. Peak RMS was @ -15db and shit sounds cool to this day. Shows u it's more about mixing that anything else.

But ya, loudness war ne. lol !!!

u got a point that why the Multiband compress is left for engineers with mastering hardware 4 du. u dayz & been doin it 4, ya... dayz
individually compressing frequency bands accordingly.. mixing..

The old lps were ait.. technology did the boom & that's why prestine compressors evolved & signal processing also with software doin it's round in algortihmically mapping
electronic processing to the virtual domain. Mos Def said it.  "It's all mathematics"

popped in some really old school ish and the P. RMS was well below to what we have now with improved signal to noise ratios\sensitivity & power handling.
Death Row engineers had quite a lavish studio pre & post budget I guess... All bout the bands...
'Bobby Digital', hehe

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Yeah you loose a lot of Dynamic Range, when you boost shit up that high, but records are being mixed terribly these days, and I blame Radio.