Logic Pro 9

Draztik · 23 · 7961

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Have any of you guys played around with this. I got Logic 8 that was a monster upgrade.... saw a Just Blaze article

One thing that got me was the ability to quantize wave notes, so you can basically grab a motif keyboard or any of you fav keyboards play in a string, ba** or horns line and it can quantize each note.... that to me is CRAZY, dont know any DAW program that has that feature.

JUST BLAZE ARTICLE

http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2009/august/artist.html

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Have any of you guys played around with this. I got Logic 8 that was a monster upgrade.... saw a Just Blaze article

One thing that got me was the ability to quantize wave notes, so you can basically grab a motif keyboard or any of you fav keyboards play in a string, ba** or horns line and it can quantize each note.... that to me is CRAZY, dont know any DAW program that has that feature.

JUST BLAZE ARTICLE

http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2009/august/artist.html

no i havent dabbled with logic, but if im not mistaken, REASON 4 has that feature too fam!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I haven't upgraded yet, but the new elastic time stretching functionality looks crazy. The live software looking interesting too.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Yeah it might be the competition to ACID pro, might not have to leave the LOGIC environment to put things in time anymore...I think this version was supposed to compete heavily with PRO Tools, its the PRO TOOLS engine (Sound Quality) not so much the PRO TOOLS application that has been killin other DAW appz.  i noticed a diff in sound quality in LOGIC 8 against Cubase 4.

I think Im getting LOGIC 9 from christmas!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
I've Dabled with MOTU Digital Performer & saw some nice features in Logic 8.
I still stick to Magix Samplitude & Sequoia 11. This German Software house is on par or even better that Pro-Tools with the Sound Engine.
Samplitude 10 had elastic audio & Audio Quantisation already while Cubase & 'em catching up. Ableton Live 8 is packing a punch also this time round.. 
Samplitude is like object orientated programming where you can treat individual slices or the global track with complex sound shaping & warping + settings can be inherited from a template to be applied to different segments in the song structure of a track.
So basically every piece recorded has got its own array of tools which is standalone from the Global track while more treatment can be applied to the Global track etc...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:56:31 PM by daliq »

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I got Logic 8 and ProTools LE, I can probably get Logic 9 for the Low soon, but most likely an academic version though, I want to get ProTools 8, I like ProTools, but yeah I hear Sampletude is the shit, our instructor who works for digidesign and knows ProTools in and out uses Sampletude at home. I still want to check it out, but anyone here heard of melodyne?

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
yeah, melodyne is SWEET... in Samplitude it's called Elastic Audio

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
ProTools has Elastic Audio as well, and you can time stretch in Logic which is very similar, Elastic Audio has been around, but Melodyne has direct note access, apples and oranges, Melodyne breaks down all the notes in a harmonic and seperates them, with this audio d.n.a. thing they got going on, and you can alter each individual note from a sample and how it is played, it's pretty ill!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:50:12 PM by watziznehmegin »

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
true, the Samplitude editor does the same as melodyne 1..
mouse action the works...your instructor is on some..

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Yeah I need to get Samplitude and check it out, maybe Rebbi got the hook up, I'll see about the Logic 9 and what I can get it for if anyone is interested.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
I got Logic 8 and ProTools LE, I can probably get Logic 9 for the Low soon, but most likely an academic version though, I want to get ProTools 8, I like ProTools, but yeah I hear Sampletude is the shit, our instructor who works for digidesign and knows ProTools in and out uses Sampletude at home. I still want to check it out, but anyone here heard of melodyne?

funny just got done downloading the demo of melodyne the other day, still want to check it out. How user friendly is samplitude? Logic sound library is quite extensive in 8 and i know 9 is crazy.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
How much is the upgrade from 8 to 9?

Its $199 dollars not sure what they charging in SA, but the complete version costs R4995 at Turnkey in Joburg.

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Lol, I might get the hookup....

Anyway, I would like to check this new logic, sad enough I only got the old version of logic, I think its 7 or something like that, but seems that much improvement has come from the new one, will make a plan monday.
As for samplitude...

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Yeah I need to get Samplitude and check it out, maybe Rebbi got the hook up, I'll see about the Logic 9 and what I can get it for if anyone is interested.

Mos deff son.

http://mediafire.com/therebbi

You will see it among those files up there... Enjoy it and make good music