Dpleezy · 12 · 5745

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
50 Cent Bought a lot of ugly houses, killed hip-hop in the process

Good work on destroying hip-hop there, Curtis Jackson. Your relentless – and highly profitable – pursuit of the lowest common denominator has turned what was once actually exciting, a musical form that had wit and imagination and some glorious fire in its belly, into something crushingly, ball-achingly tedious, a tail-chasing, scab-picking parody of itself. I mean, well done on the cash and all that, but couldn't "Fiddy" have done something more interesting with it other than just buy an ugly house, some bullet-proof vests and a bunch of vulgar motors while writing rhymes like, "'Til the sun comes up, every night, we party, yeah we party 'til daylight", or, if you prefer, "I'm in my Lambo maggot, my 4, 4 faggot …" Is that it? Is that all the hip-hop fan deserves? Apparently, yes; yes it is.

SEE ALSO G-Unit, Flo Rida, Ja Rule, The Game, Soulja Boy
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2009/dec/12/the-people-who-ruined-the-decade2

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
KANYE & PHARRELL Still abusing the very idea of a superproducer

If someone were to visit your house tonight and steal every single piece of music that either Pharrell or Kanye had ever touched, would you really care? Would you feel even slightly aggrieved? Would you miss The Blueprint or In Search Of? Probably. Or might you think, "You know, I feel freer already. I don't have to care about mind-numbingly self-obsessed superproducers who have spent years selling their arses to the highest bidder as the quality of their own work – the very reason I liked them in the first place – sank ever lower." Are you burning with desire to hear, say, Pharrell's work with Lindsay Lohan? What about his Jennifer Lopez stuff? What about Kanye's track with 30 Seconds To Mars? Maybe it'll be as good as those songs you still love from his Auto-Tune record! Is your blood pumping a little faster yet? No. Nor is anyone else's.

SEE ALSO Timbaland

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Hahahahahaha @see Ja rule, the game and soulja boy.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
hilarious...but the timbo bit is truer as ever, atleast those other producers didn't come out and say they are not working with hip hoppers anymore...
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
^^ when he say that?
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
^^ when he say that?

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/12/13/timbaland_insists_he_s_leaving_hip_hop_f_1

smh at lil wayne being from his generation, really nicca? foh

wow!!

anyway, a lot of cats co-sign wayne like that.. he's been around for 10+ years.. they mite not be the same age, but u can't deny that when Wayne was kickin raps back then. even Busta came out talkin people mustn't take Wayne as a newcomer he's a 10 year vet
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Well, this whole decade was full of shit. Even though underground head kept it straight, the
people that were once powerhouses in mainstream Hip Hop became disfunct. DMX went deep
into crack, Busta became sane, 50 came out and snitched (therefore causing Murder Inc. to dissolve), Boy band groups formed in Hip Hop (Murder Inc, G-Unit, Dipset), Pop shit from the South
dominated the airwaves (who can forget Lil' Jon), and we have a crack and syrup addict claiming to youngsters that he's the best rapper alive (y'all know who). Even though beefs have been
prominent in Hip Hop, some of us have seen how record companies profit from it. I know that
Nas was trying to start that "Hip-Hop is dead" fad during the late part of this decade but
for some reason, I don't wanna think it or beleive it. Like R.A. the Rugged Man said, "It's still
alive and breathing, just stay away from the corporate shit".

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
I also forgot how the metrosexual culture entered Hip Hop fashion during the decade. Sad

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
Yo...

Since the beginning of hip hop there have been  douchebags who should've been shot at dawn for compromising the quality of the artform. MC Hammer, Digital Underground (Humpty song), Fresh Prince (aka Will Smith) and the guy who sang 'I love big butts and i cannot lie'...

They, and others like them, will be around for the next 100 decades. It is useless to complain. If you feel you are contributing to positive growth of the culture, work harder.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:32:14 AM by onek1nd »
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Mrs Jones

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-41
  • Acoustic Soul
    • View Profile
Yo...

Since the beginning of hip hop there have been  douchebags who should've been shot at dawn for compromising the quality of the artform. MC Hammer, Digital Underground (Humpty song), Fresh Prince (aka Will Smith) and the guy who sang 'I love big butts and i cannot lie'...

They, and others like them, will be around for the next 100 decades. It is useless to complain. If you feel you are contributing to positive growth of the culture, work harder.
I have to co-sign this.
All my life I had to fight. I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me.