RZA To Make His Directional Film Debut

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
It's no secret the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA is a avid lover of martial arts films, so it only makes sense he'd be working on one.

According to reports, the rapper/producer is set to make his directorial film debut for an upcoming flick alongside actor/director Eli Roth called "The Man With the Iron Fist," a martial arts film in the same vein as the "chopsocky" flicks that inspired the Wu's many monikers and song/album inspiration.

Details surround the flick have not been disclosed about the film aside from it having an "R" rating.

"This movie will have everything martial arts fans could want, combined with RZA's superb musical talent," says Roth. "The project has been his dream for years, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. And fans should know that yes, there will be blood ... This ain't no PG-13."

RZA isn't a total virgin when it comes to directing. In the past, he directed and starred in a film about his superhero alter ego Bobby Digital. He didn't feel it was up to par and shelved the project, but has it in the archives and hopes to turn it into a comic one day.

"I still got it. I made it," RZA said. Actually, I did like two 45-minute episodes. The Bobby Digital character, he's a superhero at one point, right. But then he's also just this f*cking guy in the streets at another point. I did one episode based on like, '89. I did one episode that was supposed to be like 10 years later. I've still got a lot of faith in the character. I'm hoping to maybe get a comic-book deal or something."

At press time, it was unknown when the film would begin production, or a time line for release.

Stay tuned.

http://www.ballerstatus.com

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile