AG puts a compilation together

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
yes yes another endeavor to get some activity back on the boards

first of all I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO RECORD ANYTHING GOD KNOWS WERE ALL LAZY AS HELL AND WE GOT SHIT TO DO ALL I'M ASKING IS TO CALL UPON YOUR LARGE SUPPLY OF MUSIC

this is basically inspired by the mixtapes I used to get from Scratch magazine like the top 25 greatest hiphop remixes of all time, I figured some shit like this could work I know for damn sure we got gangs of music in our hard drives.

- It could be a monthly thing
-start of the month we pick a theme (greatest track with females on the hook etc)
-decide on the number of tracks nothing more than 25
- tracks get submitted (voted on, rejected,)

JUST HAD AN IDEA: we have quite a few dj's on here too maybe one could do a mix of the final list once all the track have been upped

I'm done feel free to discuss, hate, mock, co-sign, call deacon god among men
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:41:43 AM by The devine Fist of the Northstar »

That not good enough for ya?

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
im down for it...as long as we dont go POP & bubblegum on these compilations  :-\, if its strictly undy, then its got my vote!   

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
let's do songs about drinking.

thats Not a bad Idea, the themes will encourage folks to dig in the crates

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
  • musiq is my life, hip hop is what i do and die for
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Peace dawg!
But dropin it every month?, a a Lets think like Periodical magazine, they normally drop out Like Quatery, Bi anual or Annually so i think if we drop like a mix tape with certain tittle like u suggested but  it should drop either after every 3 month, six month or even we can have an AG albam or mixtape after every one year.
this will give the AGian producers, Mceez, and graphixans having enough time to prepare their works.

Thats it Dawg.

Peace
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:22:10 PM by phatbeattz »

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Peace dawg!
But dropin it every month?, a a Lets think like Periodical magazine, they normally drop out Like Quatery, Bi anual or Annually so i think if we drop like a mix tape with certain tittle like u suggested but i think it should drop either after every 3 month, six month or even we can have an AG albam or mixtape after every one year.
this will give the AGian producers, Mceez, and graphixans having enough time to prepare their works.

Thats it Dawg.

Peace

Its a clusterf*** getting cats to record so lets not even go there, I went with the compilation Idea cos I know we all got music on our pcs and we upload daily as evidenced by the UUGH thread

phatbeattz

• the movement is
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-2
  • musiq is my life, hip hop is what i do and die for
    • View Profile
    • Phatbeattz
Peace dawg!
But dropin it every month?, a a Lets think like Periodical magazine, they normally drop out Like Quatery, Bi anual or Annually so i think if we drop like a mix tape with certain tittle like u suggested but i think it should drop either after every 3 month, six month or even we can have an AG albam or mixtape after every one year.

Thats it Dawg.

Peace

Its a clusterf*** getting cats to record so lets not even go there, I went with the compilation Idea cos I know we all got music on our pcs and we upload daily as evidenced by the UUGH thread

ok.
aint mean to f*** your idea dawg!, even if we have ishs in our pcz we can have that system of droppning it at that interval, its good ide dawg, what you thinking man!.
Peace.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Spliffstar- Mr Uncle do wrong. Nice joint, and dope music video.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:46:06 PM by New,Jack »

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Sounds good. I'm down.
How will it be compiled?
As a download Online?
Mixtape format? will one person receive all tracks and make mix and mixdown etc?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Sounds good. I'm down.
How will it be compiled?
As a download Online?
Mixtape format? will one person receive all tracks and make mix and mixdown etc?

Everyone uploads first so we can decide what makes the list and what gets rejected then maybe one of our djs mixes it up (just an idea)

K'niep Tang

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-4
  • Wadata!
    • View Profile
but are we uploading songs that are consistent with a specific theme or are we just going wild?
I'm like a bunch of dynamite sticks - i'm bound to blow
www.myspace.com/tang1632
http://r-senic.blogspot.com

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
but are we uploading songs that are consistent with a specific theme or are we just going wild?

Its gonna be theme based or the shit would be just another regular thread

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Sure. Just be careful when you set your criteria. We have diverse tastes. One man's Pop is another man's "undy" ;D
So what will it be an 80min mix of say 1:20min max length clips from songs so about 60 tracks total?
What is the minimum bit rate? Is it just Hip Hop? Where does everyone prefer we upload?

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Sure. Just be careful when you set your criteria. We have diverse tastes. One man's Pop is another man's "undy" ;D
So what will it be an 80min mix of say 1:20min max length clips from songs so about 60 tracks total?
What is the minimum bit rate? Is it just Hip Hop? Where does everyone prefer we upload?

this is all shit we need to hammer out in this thread hopefully more folks will come post in this thread, thanks for bringing up the upload site issue I know a lot of folks pulling in hours on the amistad maybe 3 alternative sites could work like how I do in the comic section I'm partial to mediafire myself

pop and undy I guess that depends on the theme

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ